It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we really come to this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RespectfullyDisagree
www.yahoo.com...

Say what you will about the current political climate but if this is true we've really gone off the deep end as a society. In the liberal metropolis I reside in this is a very popular hair style of the hipster scene. I did not realize it also meant they were Nazis.

The "funny" thing is, that it is very NAZI, to judge and prosecute people, based on something ridiculous as a haircut...
What is next step in this crazy knife wielding nazi´s plan? To build concentration camps, where he can put people with that haircut in? if he pays his gas bills, he could kill of those "nazi" hair dudes a lot faster, than with a knife... what a moron...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

As I said, we are supposed to be smarter. I wish i knew the answer. Fact of the matter, well, don't matter. Group think and feels override logic and sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The left is being radicalized and the media is encouraging it. Im amazed at some things I'm reading from people on fb, people whom used to be just normal people.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wasn't that haircut also called a fade?

History of the Fade haircut

Are certain hairstyles off limits to certain people? No. Can anyone wear what they want? Certainly. But, there’s a difference between admiring an element of a group’s culture and taking that same element, slapping a new name on it and selling it to the masses as something new. That’s not how any of this works.

Read more at EBONY www.ebony.com...
Follow us: @EbonyMag on Twitter | EbonyMag on Facebook

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So if youre a white guy, what haircuts are we still allowed to have? Seriously. Cant shave or buzz your hair, cant do a fade and have longer hair on top. What a crock of #.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There is in fact, much social destabilization at the moment, whether you want to admit it or not.
It's being fed by the media, and Donald J. Trump.

We'll turn it around though. We always do, and I don't think I'm being overly optimistic. We've come too far to let racists and a bad president drag us down for too long.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I'm going to just start walking around town butt-naked when my dreadlocks get long enough to cover my naughty bits.

Thats cultural appropriation. So, also nazi.
/s

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So some leftist twinkie decided all by himself that free expression is wrong.

It's an obvious growing trend.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RespectfullyDisagree

That's the cut I've been sporting for nearly 2 years. It goes well with my big busy beard.
To add to the insanity, I found this link at the bottom of that article Mackelmore denounces former racist haircut

Macklemore has officially denounced his former Nazi-style haircut.

In a Tuesday tweet, the rapper responded to a fan who wrote, “Macklemore hair seems to be the chosen haircut of the racists now. I call on @macklemore to get online and denounce his own haircut.”

It goes on to tell men what hair choices they should make to not look like a nazi. One of them being "shave the whole head".... they also suggest bleaching it a nice Aryan blonde....
I'm not changing my hair because a few dumbasses chose the same cut.
edit on 8 20 2017 by MDpvc because: Autocorrect

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

But we are not necessarily what we wear.

Until we wear what we are. There are many groups out there who DO dress/groom to propagate shockand recognition of sect/status.

I mean really...

I'm not going to dress like this:

When I live my life like this:

Or the other way around.

Just take a walk down the middle of Seattle and you'll find out just how true this is.

peace

Yes, many people do wear clothing, etc. that directly reflects an ideology. But unless you know an individual personally, lumping them into any category based solely on what they're dressed in or how their hair looks or any other outward appearances, is nothing more than bias and blind assumption.

An example: I graduated from Paul Mitchell the School in 2012. They have a dress policy that is strictly enforced: "Black on black, with a splash of black". If students come in wearing anything other than black clothing, they are sent home to change. Even the instructors wear black. Every school is a fully functioning salon open to the public and the students are easily identifiable because they all dress the same.

But because not every person in the city knows about this, groups of cosmetology students walking together wearing solid black, with dark makeup in the middle of the day and unusual hair styles, are almost always mistaken for a gaggle of "Goths" or even "devil worshippers". I was no exception to that...and I do not dress that way normally at all. In fact, my avatar photo was taken at school...however it is not representative of the real me in any way. If you saw me on the street, you likely wouldn't recognize me from my photo.

That example is pretty harmless, but if I were living in an area where people had a true hatred for other people who dress in a manner they associate with negativity, the catcalls, rude comments and mockery could very easily have turned into something else. And they still would have been dead wrong in their blind judgement of our character as human beings.

Clearly, people who show up sporting negative imagery for the purpose of inciting discord are fully aware of what they're doing. But assuming that because someone has a certain style of haircut, they are somehow professing to belong to a specific group is simply inane. And this goes way beyond name calling and insults and other ignorant, childish nonsense.

The people who are behind all of this know all too well the propensity for humans to make snap judgements based on appearances, and they are using that innate intellectual flaw to their fullest advantage right now. Critical thinking is key here.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
i've been told once or twice that my number2 crop makes me look like a 'skinhead or criminal'.

these presumptions are and always have been a part of some people's thought processes.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That should make for interesting double takes!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Yup. ...and mostly always will be. It's when those folks begin to think it's OK to start attacking folks physically, or even verbally for it that it becomes something to concern us.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

agree 100%

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Do what I do. Don't get it cut. Goin' on three years now. Almost the middle of my back, recently shaved the mountain man beard I had goin', as it was getting in the way of things, and braiding my beard just doesn't appeal.

I ceased, long ago, giving much of a damn about what people think about me. It's when they start invading my space that I get a bit annoyed. Course, I can be damned intimidating when I want to be, so it doesn't happen often to me anymore.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i should add that i also, in my younger days, sported very long hair for years. VERY long (i was in a band or 2). in those days similarly presumptive types would occasionally call me a hippie or say i looked like 'a junkie'. i was neither.

there's just no pleasing some folks.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

The left is being radicalized and the media is encouraging it. Im amazed at some things I'm reading from people on fb, people whom used to be just normal people.

social media is a frighteningly powerful medium.
it can monitor the overall feeling of the nation/world.
it can influence social views on any subject. especially powerful when using it to influence politics.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

I've never been called a hippy--that could be because I didn't start the long hair dealio 'til I'd graduated high school and begun working in Alaska. Before that it was rather short hair...parents insisted. Oddly enough, they both actually told me they preferred it when I started growing it out. Parents are weird.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yes we have and it's the main reason I come here less and less. It's nothing but a political whine fest and sh** show. Hell, I was not so subtly accused of being a white nationalist supporter, for not taking part in all the threads. Just sat back, read what people had to say and then went to Youtube to watch carpentry videos. The Liberals don't realize they're shooting themselves in the foot, by accusing anyone and everyone who doesn't adhere to their own particular version of The Truth of being a racist/Nazi.
The site motto is "Deny Ignorance"....well, that's gone to hell. For people who like to claim that they're "in the know" ...that they "see behind the scenes and TPTB can't fool us" they sure are following the script the MSM has written for them. Attack everyone who doesn't say exactly what they expect them to say and paste those labels on tight. And that goes for BOTH SIDES.
For the record :
White nationalists/Nazis/racists are bad.
Antifa is bad.
Violence against anyone for their political and/or religious beliefs is bad.
Now you have my official statement.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thats how i keep my hair... I promise i don't goose step.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join