It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More -snipped- from Emperor Snowflake with his fake Civil War Plaques

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The only one conflating events is you.
We are not confused.
Neo Nazis and Nazis are the same except the Nazis were actually organized as the military and the neos are just a rogue disorganized group with thankfully little leadership.
Stop pretending it has anything to do with history.

Now what do you have to say about the erroneous plaque proclaiming historic significance for a spot that has none?
Nothing? Your contributions will be limited to defending trump and his lame excuse for a speech addressing the tragedy?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Cutepants

How are they making themselves out to be the good guys of the civil war?

When for the last eight years and eight months they been calling everyone around them racists, and nazis.

When 'right' wing ideology has historically been the antithesis.

The left defended slavery. The left created gun control to keep blacks disarmed.

The left created the KKK, They created BLM, They created Antifa at least the American version of it since it was imported here from Europe.

The left created the state in marriage to keep blacks from marrying whites.

The fought at every turn ending segregation.

They still defend segregation to this day with the hypenated Americanisms.

They run around acting like the American Taliban destroying historical monuments because they represent inconvenient truths.,

The list goes on and on .

And instead of admiting and owning up to their own sorted EVIL history.

They absolve themselves of their party's sins by pointing the finger and literally going 'They did it', not us'.

They wave their treasonous banners proudly every single day and everywhere one looks.

(Facepalm#2)
Thanks for once again slapping silly modern labels on a very complicated subject.
In a nutshell the respective journeys of the Republican and the Democratic parties over the past 150 years has been a very complicated one. Both have lost important factions and gained others. 150 years ago, saying that something was left or right wing would have gotten you a very odd look from most people back then. Those are terms that did not make sense.
Put simply the two parties were in ideologically opposite positions from where they are now. The Democrats were largely very conservative, hence the opposition to abolishing slavery. The Republicans were largely progressive and pro-abolition. However, there were also factions within both parties that disagreed. Take a look at the Election of 1860, There were four major political candidates, including two Democrats.
Fast forwards 50 years. The Dixiecrat faction of the Democrats has formed, the progressive faction of the Republican party has also formed and both are starting - I stress this word, it was a very long process for both factions - to get anxious about the rest of their parties.
The Teddy Roosevelt progressives start to leave the Republicans in 1912. Again I stress that this is a long process that takes almost 20 years to complete. Their departure finally coincides (roughly) with the first election of FDR.
FDR is the first Democrat to win the White House since Woodrow Wilson, a man who can be described as the last gasp of the Dixiecrats and who was a twit of the highest order. FDR is a very different sort of Democrat, even if he can't move as fast as he'd like on some issues.
The Republicans have by this point embraced big business and becoming increasingly conservative. Herbert Hoover exemplifies them at this point.
Let's fast forward again to the 1960's. By this point the Dixiecrats have become increasingly alarmed at the trajectory of the mainstream Democratic party. Desegregation is accelerating fast, JFK is continuing what started under Truman and Eisenhower. When Johnson becomes President this accelerates even faster. Both parties vote through the various civil rights and electoral reform Acts.
Enter Richard Milhous Nixon. He sees a perfect chance to carve off a major faction of the Democratic Party. He succeeds. The Dixiecrats leave for good and join the GOP. The GOP welcomes them with open arms. They're still together, wrapped in an increasingly conservative embrace. You know what? The Democrats don't miss the racist old part of the party that they stopped being fifty years ago.
So please stop using poor generalisations in a lazy and inaccurate manner.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Put simply the two parties were in ideologically opposite positions from where they are now.

That deserves the facepalm because they are not even close to being that.

They are the SAME as they ever was.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

No one erasing history. The war is still in the history books.
These statues were not put up to honor anyone. They were put up to remind blacks of their place in society. To frighten and oppress.
At the time the south was protesting reclamation because the blacks were getting too uppity.
They instituted new laws to go with their reminders to the community about who was in charge.
That's history too!
Let's not forget separate restrooms and refusal of entrance into some businesses or being relegated to only certain seats on the bus or separate schools or being told who you could marry.
That's history too and that's the history these statues represent.

Now what about trump revising history? Which is funny because you'd have to know it to revise it.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Neo Nazis and Nazis are the same except the Nazis were actually organized as the military and the neos are just a rogue disorganized group with thankfully little leadership.

Might want to look up their history pre1920.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Put simply the two parties were in ideologically opposite positions from where they are now.

That deserves the facepalm because they are not even close to being that.

They are the SAME as they ever was.

I take it that you have not read their respective manifestos from last year. Or been awake for the past 20 years. No. They are not. Take a look at the last time that the Democratic Party swept the Dixiecrat states.
In fact, just do some research.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You only get partial credit for your post.
Part of it was just nitpicking but the other part I agree with even though it sounds childish I get your point.

PS no one says kaka anymore.
It's poopy head.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

W R O N G

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I take it that you have not read their respective manifestos from last year. Or been awake for the past 20 years. No. They are not. Take a look at the last time that the Democratic Party swept the Dixiecrat states. In fact, just do some research.

Someone does.

Bring them to heel.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

About that plaque again...

About trump revising history???

Anyone...Anyone...Bueller?

link   
About five miles from my house there is an historical marker. The actual event it commemorates did not take place on that direct spot, but it did happen within the county somewhere along the river here.

I think probably, they were merely commemorating events in general that happened in that area.

Research Antietam Creek.

The day of the battle is known as "the day Antietam Creek ran red" due to the blood of thousands of Union casualties mixing with the creek waters.
(wikipedia)

It's one hour away from the golf course where the commemorative plaque is located.

Donald's "people" as he put it were not wrong in their research, imo. There may have been a stretch of 50 miles, but still, you can't claim this is a 100% fabrication. Also, research Lowe's Island in the area.
edit on 20-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

You sound like the Antifa, blaming all white people for slavery.

No. Antifa is one party of multiple groups protesting Trump and social issues. This statement is an oversimplification, so much that it's absolutely untrue.
Just because the white house is made up of two parties doesn't mean that reality is too. Antifa is not the left. BLM is not the left. Left and right is just a tool to keep us from discussing the real issues.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Conservative 'Democrats' of their time. Yes.
The left. No.
But keep on painting your unrealistic picture to push an agenda.

Those conservative 'democrats' are now known as republicans. And you know well that the shift occurred over 50 years ago. 'Left' is an ideology that stands in opposition to your 'list'. 'Democrat' is just a name for a party that has shifted around all over the map in what it believes and pushes. Ditto for Republicans. What side are they on now? Both are right of center, one if just a lot further to the right. And that's where they find their home. Enjoy your bedfellows.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think if Trump was actually an Emperor you wouldn't be able to post this.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'm so sure. Rolls eyes. Again. Jesus it's amazing I still have eyes. They should have rolled away by now with this place lately.
But neo happy day. You've found your voice. Your place.
How nice for you.
Too bad it's the wrong voice on the wrong side of things.
This also has zero to do with politics and even less to do with Clinton... either Clinton.
Try focusing or go to a thread about the confederacy or Nazis or what ever.
This one's about trumps lie. This lie. Had to clarify...he has so many.
But what do you think of him trying to make his golf course an historic site with his lying plaque? And taking credit for its preservation.
( as if turning an historical site into a golf course is preserving history. Must have been one of those colonial golf resorts built by king George for a summer retreat. )

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Thank god for small favors.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I think if Trump was actually an Emperor you wouldn't be able to post this.

Just saying.

This needs repeating.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Conservative 'Democrats' of their time. Yes.
The left. No.
But keep on painting your unrealistic picture to push an agenda.

Those conservative 'democrats' are now known as republicans. And you know well that the shift occurred over 50 years ago. 'Left' is an ideology that stands in opposition to your 'list'. 'Democrat' is just a name for a party that has shifted around all over the map in what it believes and pushes. Ditto for Republicans. What side are they on now? Both are right of center, one if just a lot further to the right. And that's where they find their home. Enjoy your bedfellows.

Never ceases to amaze me how successful the Democratic party is at dodging its own history AND rewriting it as the Republican party's history, instead.

It's nuts.

Maybe we can deflect all of the *bad* U.S. history and project it onto other countries. We might never have to take responsibility for anything!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I much prefer dooped. I figure that's doped with extra ohhhhs . Do we get free weed and do I have to move?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So IGNORE Trump haters revising their own history?

Is that it ?

IGNORED.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

IGNORED.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join