It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you change you post. Explain yourself

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So every time I need to edit a post I pull it back up fix the error, spelling, grammar, punctuation what ever .
I edit my post hit edit and the screen goes to the little box saying reason for edit. This MUST be filled out.
I never do because WHY? Why do I need to say I spelled a word wrong or oh heavens changed my mind?

Why does this screen even exist?

That you edited your post is right there at the bottom of the post which is good. It keeps folks honest in what they have said .
But why do we need to enter a reason? And why does it say this must be filled in when clearly you don't have to enter anything for you edit to be applied to your post.

This question. MUST. be answered.
edit on 8202017 by Sillyolme because: See? This is what I mean...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I mostly use it to remind people that a certain Dude from North Carolina is beer-less.

And to also praise Cthulhu. He rocks.

edit on 20-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don't you feel a little like you're the kid being directed on what to do?
You must do this....

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I like the fact that we have this. No other forum I've used has implemented this idea, so I think its kinda neat.
edit on 20-8-2017 by GreenRiverRonin because: Because why the hell not?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Don't you feel a little like you're the kid being directed on what to do?
You must do this....

Considering I'm a lotta bit of a kid, I just do what they tell me.

edit on 20-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenRiverRonin

Why is it neat? When my kindle auto corrects who's business is it but mine why I needed to fix my post.
And why does it say this MUST be filled out when you can just hit enter and post your correction without giving a reason.
Sometimes I feel like writing "because I felt like it. What's it to you?" But you know that would probably be thought rude.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

You can leave it blank. Watch...

edit on 20-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Yeah ...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I know I can leave it blank. That's part of the question it says you must but clearly you don't have to.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Been meaning to ask this for a while. But..
Well it's a slow news day.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I know I can leave it blank. That's part of the question it says you must but clearly you don't have to.

Be a rebel, don't tell the Man anything.

edit on 20-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Lets say you posted something very commie-ish and I replied with my usual winning approach and correct way.

But had to correct something in my post.

Every time you edit, it leaves that little stamp/message/notice. That space to leave a message is a courtesy to anyone reading as to why I may have felt the need to edit.

It's also a record to show that a post HAD been changed.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

When I first joined ATS I always filled it out just because of spelling errors. SP

Then I realized I didn't have to fill it out and just stopped.

Maybe a protest is in order?

Who's posts, Our Posts!

No Edits, No KKK No fascist ATS.

Not sure what your point is?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
99% of the time it's because I either saw an error and decide to fix (I don't always do this because I fix enough grammar/puntuation/spelling errors at work) or because I think of something else I want to add.

Sometimes, I leave a note about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The edit question doesnt really bother me. You do not really have to fill it out either. Most of the time I put no reason, and it lets the post be changed. It only says that a post was changed and at what time.......no big deal imo

Also, due to my horrible spelling and grammar, sometimes I have to do multiple edits.....

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

You can erase the first one and only leave one at the end.

I often do so that I don't have a whole string of edit notes hanging on at the end.
edit on 20-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

So every time I need to edit a post I pull it back up fix the error, spelling, grammar, punctuation what ever .
I edit my post hit edit and the screen goes to the little box saying reason for edit. This MUST be filled out.
I never do because WHY? Why do I need to say I spelled a word wrong or oh heavens changed my mind?

Why does this screen even exist?

That you edited your post is right there at the bottom of the post which is good. It keeps folks honest in what they have said .
But why do we need to enter a reason? And why does it say this must be filled in when clearly you don't have to enter anything for you edit to be applied to your post.

This question. MUST. be answered.

Its irrelevant tbh. Who cares.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

i feel ya op i also dont like it when they scream at me DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST !! i mean jeez whatever happened to asking nicely or idk maybe make it so that no one CAN reply to that post

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I believe it has to do with integrity of the website, and to a lesser degree, of that of the author - not your every day chatter, it's more for an OP whose thread relies on truth and honesty &/or where additional information which has come to light since posting the OP which warrants inclusion therefore an edit note to accompany same.

ATS has an international audience, some of whom are themselves journalists and writers - whose very reputation relies on honesty, transparency and integrity.

Sometimes I'll add a note about spelling, grammar, bbcode, added vid, added link, beer......depending on whether it's an OP or general chit-chat.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

If I edited my post because I was wrong or mistaken, I'll put that in the box. If it's just a typo or some refinement to the wording, or additional clarification, I rarely say so.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join