It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns of 'merciless strike' ahead of US-South Korea drills

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
OK we have another joint effort drill USA/South Korea starting on Monday.. The NK official news paper is threatening and reporting, once again a merciless strike.. Good news is we will not have to wait long to see if as in other cases the "merciless strike threat" is more empty rhetoric. I am quite sure the USA and others have assets in the area to counter NK if it becomes more than hollow threats... HOWEVER... I for one hope all this never progresses to a shooting phase.. I do have several South Koreans friends not to mention all the other lives I fear will be toast..

Middle foot note: It was hard for me to post anything from CNN as even their name makes me feel dirty

(CNN)North Korea warned Sunday that the upcoming US-South Korea military exercises are "reckless behavior driving the situation into the uncontrollable phase of a nuclear war."
Pyongyang also declared that its army can target the United States anytime, and neither Guam, Hawaii nor the US mainland can "dodge the merciless strike."

The messages in Rodong Sinmun, the official government newspaper, come a day before the US starts the Ulchi Freedom Guardian military exercises with South Korea.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

More provocation by the US and its allies , it's almost like the president wants to spark a conflict.
I see no reason for more drills while all is quite on the Korean front although the Ulchi-Freedom Guardian exercises are a regular occurrence at this time of year and regularly denounced by the North as a preparation for war.

Perhaps canceling them this time would have been a step forward in lowering the tensions on the peninsular given the exercises already carried out this year.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

We need to just slap him in the head and pull his underware up over his head and kick him in the ass.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

More provocation by the US and its allies , it's almost like the president wants to spark a conflict.
I see no reason for more drills while all is quite on the Korean front although the Ulchi-Freedom Guardian exercises are a regular occurrence at this time of year and regularly denounced by the North as a preparation for war.

Perhaps canceling them this time would have been a step forward in lowering the tensions on the peninsular given the exercises already carried out this year.

Joint maneuvers by the US and South Korea / the US and Japan happen all the time. They truly are to plan for future aggression , though.
In case NK decides to do something very , very stupid. And no one is that stupid

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What?!?

This is an annual training exercise with one of our allies. Just because NK tells us not to do it we are supposed to stop training? Kim is a freaking lunatic!

Be serious.
edit on 20-8-2017 by nowuknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

Yeah. Give him a good old wedgie.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22584126]Daalder[/po

YA,, maybe even a swirly to boot! Might do that hair cut some good

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
See that cloud over north Korea? That's Kim Jong Uns hot air .
He's full of it.
He can't possibly be that stupid.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
...is more empty rhetoric.

It reminds me of my all time favorite person; Baghdad Bob and his threats to hit us with his shoes and roast our stomachs in Hell. I miss him.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I can just imagine a vertical camera phone video of Putin and Trump giving Kim a swirly on the front page of Youtube.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Middle foot note: It was hard for me to post anything from CNN as even their name makes me feel dirty

This didn't add anything . Why was it necessary?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Joint maneuvers by the US and South Korea / the US and Japan happen all the time.

Indeed they do especially this year , I question whether Ulchi-Freedom Guardian is necessary this year given the preponderance of exercises already carried out and the tensions in the area.

The implementation of sanctions by China seem to be having an effect on the North I see no reason to inflame the situation at this time.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Nothing will happen. I thought this issue was made clear and pointless when bannon outted the fact they are never gonna strike NK

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...is more empty rhetoric.

It reminds me of my all time favorite person; Baghdad Bob and his threats to hit us with his shoes and roast our stomachs in Hell. I miss him.

Hahahaha Yep those were the days ... At least it was so transparent we could laugh.. North Korea with all their secret aid partners ????????????/ no telling what they have to cause mischief with.... Yes nothing that can not be handled however at what cost ?

I wonder how Bob is doing these days, if he is still alive ?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No wrong. I'm not a trump supporter but no. Un is out of line trying to tell us not to be prepared, telling us not to hold these drills.
No one will be practicing by lobbing bombs at north Korea. This practice is none of his business at all. He's pissing. Making it a contest to see who can pee the furthest. Little man with a big friggin mouth.

link   
a reply to: GreenRiverRonin

That would be awsume

link   

I wonder how Bob is doing these days, if he is still alive ?

Maybe-ish? He moved to the UAE but I think back in 2014 there were reports the Minister of Mirth had died.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: nowuknow

Plus he's the reason for the drills in the first place. Well him and China.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Oh come on. What's wrong with a good bowl cut. Or tea cup cut in this case.

I've seen worse hairstyles. Those monks who shave a circle on their head, any girl who shaves half her head, Mr. T, my son when his brother decided to use the whal hair trimmer on him.
edit on 8202017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hey there's room for some kind of stuffing in that dish isn't there.
Hmmmm. Thinking....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join