It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you convinced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Are you convinced ?

Have you ever been conned and vinced? The word hints at tricked and beaten, vinced also has a ring to it as if it's a real long time whatever that is. Whoever coined the English term I am dead certain he or she had been conned and wished to leave us a hint of how one may wiggle their way out of it. So have you been convinced? hopefully, you have just been conned. If not you more than likely would not even see this post let alone read it.
So back to the idea if we are to be fully beaten we must be conned first, or rather this would be the best method to beat a chosen opponent. So what can any of us poor human fools do when we realize that we have been fooled?
Wether we are trapped in a knot of deception or apparently Scott free. It is always wise to understand the method of the con we have fallen into. Once we have known this we have the key understanding for every single con that ever was or ever will be.Remember they are called con artists because they consider it an art, It would be nice to hear from some of you the cons that you have suffered. Anyone care to share?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Con (with) vincere ( conquer)
To argue with strength.
Con doesn't mean con the way you want to use it.
Con from the Latin meaning with.
Like chili con carni .
Chili with beans
edit on 8202017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hope this helps... Think the OP may be slightly wrong in assumption of the meaning of "con".

convince (v.) 1520s, "to overcome in argument," from Latin convincere "to overcome decisively," from com-, intensive prefix (see com-), + vincere "to conquer" (from nasalized form of PIE root *weik- (3) "to fight, conquer"). Meaning "to firmly persuade" is from c. 1600. Related: Convinced; convincing; convincingly.

Source

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
My girlfriend and I nearly got conned into buying a years supply of frozen meat...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hi thanks for the rundown, I am aware that con is with as I live in Spain and hear it every day. This is simply a play of words and a way to (con)vey an idea. A conquest of your imagination a journey through the leftfield and the rightfield of the mind. Why dont you try again and share some experience of this? a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to paraphi
Yes, I am more than slightly wrong and that was my intention.
(Estoy convencido, mean in Spanish I am certain, direct translation would be I am convinced but in the Spanish mindset it means I feel I am right, or I believe I am 100 percent sure.)
I have conspired to add meaning! a reply to paraphi

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Earlier you wrote this. Maybe you're conning yourself. You have taken away from meaning so we can have no conversation.

Remember they are called con artists because they consider it an art, It would be nice to hear from some of you the cons that you have suffered. Anyone care to share?

So there you have the perfect example of me being conned into clicking on your thread. Have you been conned...surely it is you who must lead by example?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Ok I will give you an example when I was a boy of eight a friend of my father came for a few days from abroad and stayed in our home. He knew that in Spain at the time a modern football as used in the league in Britain was hard to come by. Over those days he convinced me that once he was back in Britain he would send me a football by mail. Smiling he explained how easy it was to get and how much I would love it. I awaited eagerly over the next few months but nothing arrived. He had conned me and guess what as I got older I overheard that he was a con artist. The adults called him the pink panther

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The art of the con...a great movie

Then there was Madoff....

And of course those who con us everyday

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US OP.

top topics

join