It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help/Cobalt Glass

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It's been a long time since I've been on ATS, and I am posting now because of something that has always bothered me, and I cannot find an explanation. So, I'm hoping that here of all places I may find an answer, or at least someone else with the same "quirk". If this isn't some metaphysical existential stuff, then I don't know what is. Here's the deal: I am put into a quasi trance everytime I see light shine through a certain color, which is Cobalt blue. The color in mention is generally only found in glassware, and when light shines through, I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame and have no freewill in the matter. It's more than just an affinity. It seems like instinct on a reptilian brain level. I can't help but stare, like I'm being hypnotized. Everything around me will get darker and my eyes feel like my pupils dilate as if no light were around at all. My mind will drop all thoughts. My face will go blank and my hearing will dim a bit. It's like I am looking at the secret of existence or the face of God. It makes me feel as if I know the answer to something great, but my brain cannot remember. Nothing else will matter.I always feel at peace afterwards and my depression and anxiety (PTSD) will stay away for awhile. It feels like the inner peace people seek their whole life, but it last only for moments. I feel pure love. If I were to die in one those moments, it would be the best way to go. That is the best I can do to describe it. It's much more intense than I can ever convey. I've had this phenomenon happening for as long as I can remember (I'm 30) but I am yet to find anyone who understands. If you have any idea what this means or you have experienced anything like this, please let me know. Any thoughts are better than none. I've studied almost any religion/spirtual philosophy you can think of, and nothing seems to match even halfway to what this is.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ChildOfLoki

A posthypnotic suggestion, perhaps?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

To my knowledge, I've never been hypnotized. I do appreciate the response though.

edit on 20160614 by ChildOfLoki because: Spelling error

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Bonum iter.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChildOfLoki
a reply to: chr0naut

To my knowledge, I've never been hypnotized. I do appreciate the response though.

Well, you wouldn't know, would you.

To put it another way, another post hypnotic suggestion may have been to forget.

Easy enough to explore a little.

P

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Close, but no cigar.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

True, but let's assume it wasn't hypnosis. I was living on a farm in the middle of nowhere the first time I experienced this. I was about 4 years old.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Don't they use cobalt blue lenses in eye glass's to stop seizures ? ....that was part of the big conspiracy around Hillary Clinton wearing them, and that she is prone to seizures from a head accident. ....have you ever had seizures ? Maybe as a child ( baby ) you had seizures and doctors used something like that . If your parents are still alive, Can you ask your parents ? ...obviously an over stimuli and neurological reaction to that hue.and through your optic nerves.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Bizarre.....I am looking at 2 pieces of cobalt blue glass I bough 48 hours ago as we speak.I have been urged to fill my widows with it.Odd.
edit on 20-8-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have a similar reaction when I look at certain rocks and minerals. I sell them at a flea market and I have an extensive collection. I think yours may be more extreme with the glass though. Blue is one of my favorite colors and I love cobalt glass and have a few pieces of it. I love the way it looks on a window sill with light coming through. I also love the color green and have some glass things that are that color also, but I don't feel momentarily mesmerized by it the way I do with the cobalt glass or the minerals.

I don't know if this helps, but I wanted you to know, I sort of understand.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You can be high all the time with these eh?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22584363]olaru1
Thanks!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

This: obviously an over stimuli and neurological reaction to that hue.and through your optic nerves. This exactly.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I've read things like this. It makes sense, but why the complete mental takeover? Is blue the key to unlock my 3rd eye potential for implementing these traits on a spiritual level? It's a fun thought that if utilized properly it could transform my very being.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I find this to be true for myself, it focuses me and clears my thoughts. I find reds yellows and orange colors too much, like looking at a light bulb to long. On my home planet the sun is blue, maybe something to do with that.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Well that's just a fancy expression for something quite simple. Kind of yes, you might have a certain sensitivity, respectively your brain does. You can have a little fun with it, get to know your brain better, see if other colours also make a greater impression on you.
Since there's nothing harmful about it, you could also get your own piece of cobalt glass and use it as medicine.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That is too much like reality.

I think the OP may be thinking in terms of a super power.

Great suggestion BTW.

P

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Fantastic topic now that I have researched it and learned more.

I will provide links soon once I double-check things.

It looks like Dr.s have openly used colored light therapy with sucess in the past and this medical knowledge has been suppressed by TPTB like so many others.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Not really a super power, but more like a super awakened state, similar to one people try to achieve by exercising the pineal gland to tap into the unconscious mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join