It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we demand the us government mine bitcoin and use it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

To the naysayers - bitcoin is more real than the current fiat system as it cannot be printed at whim and is therefore naturally deflaionary. It has already begun. The dollar is getting slaughtered by value of cryptocurrency. Something like -600% currently in 6 months.

The inflation of money is due to printing too much it.

The world turns on metals, not paper or memory banks.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Will you pay me to be on ATS?

No, why not?

Isn't my time on the computer valuable to you?

Yeah, that is the same feeling I get about mining.

Pump and dump the chumps, collect the lumps.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Good point, so what would happen when bitcoin starts deflating the dollar to the point that the banks start getting desperate and backed into a corner? I hope they are secretly doing because one that bell is rang it can't be unrang. If the us invests a lot in mining then the US couldn't ban it, thus stabilizing crypto currency. a reply to: Lucidparadox

Do you really think the US government are going to allow any other currency become the reserve.
The only reason that Libya was overthrown was because they were going back to trading in gold
This will be a financial war

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

What do you think the NSA is for?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Who do you think Satoshi Nakamoto happens to be? He's not a real person, and I'll give you three guesses. I'm late to the party, but I won't be missing out on what is clearly one of many avenues toward personal security. Like anything, one must tread carefully in these endeavors. Just because the "mystery man" is somewhat in control, it doesn't mean that plans come to fruition.

All of that aside...think about what the block chain can actually do.

Happy Days, friendo.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If they aren't already, they probably will be soon considering that China currently controls like 60% of the world's bitcoin mining, and Russia is currently planning to set up a massive mining operation themselves to rival China.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What can the Blockchain actually do? There is other crypocoins out there that he doesn't have control over what about those?a reply to: TheOneElectric

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Every day you use your debit card banks are mining pretty much the same way just a lot less efficiently.a reply to: Mandroid7

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Uh the world doesn't turn on metals anymore, there's not enough of it. We are already using memory banks to use fiat.a reply to: intrptr

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Uh the world doesn't turn on metals anymore, there's not enough of it. We are already using memory banks to use fiat.a reply to: intrptr

Computers are made of metal, made in factories , waaait for it... made of metal.

As is everything else. You could try me though, what manufactured goods, if not made of metal, weren't made in a process or factory that didn't involve metal?

I'll wait...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I was sure you were talking about gold backing the dollar, nevermind.a reply to: intrptr

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join