It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting of Officers in Kissimmee Florida linked to shootings last year in Baton Rogue and Texas?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Anathros

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: six67seven

That (war) would do it. But it doesnt make it right

Eye for an eye...you know the rest.

Tell that to the vets.

Walk a mile in their shoes.

I spent 12 years in those "boots". Over 7 years total in active combat zones and walked more than a mile. You're wrong.

About what? You're a super soldier? Not all men react the same, cases in point.

No I don't think I'm a super soldier but I am proud of my service. My father served two tours in Vietnam. His second tour was a choice as he took my uncles place so he wouldn't be drafted. My Grandfather fought in WWII against the Nazis. No, not all men react the same but you basically stated that war turns men into cop killing fanatics. I have yet to meet a soldier that has run down our country. They stand by their oaths and their word is gold. You on the other hand don't believe in your own Anti-American rhetoric enough to get up and move out so your high horse is more of a .25 cent mechanical horse outside of grocery store so keep riding kiddo.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

No, not all men react the same but you basically stated that war turns men into cop killing fanatics

No I didn't, I said the common connection in the cases mentioned in the OP was they were all veterans. I can appreciate you didn't become adversely affected by '7 years of combat'.

I don't believe that ether.

I also think part of the problem is people willing to go back again and again to further this current endless war cycle. Frankly, thats nuts. Especially aggressive wars, waged on Sovereign nations under false pretenses. This is a violation of International law, re: The UN Charter...

not that anyone is paying attention nowadays.
edit on 21-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

You on the other hand don't believe in your own Anti-American rhetoric enough to get up and move out so your high horse is more of a .25 cent mechanical horse outside of grocery store so keep riding kiddo.

Anti War, not anti american...

You fought for Mega Corporations, not the American people.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This thread was not about military service. Lets get that straight. However, those in the military will often times relate only with those who have been in the military and it can be a recruiting device for many things. Like finding like minded people who have a 'connection' that can be exploited.

The military can do things to you that you cannot talk about to someone who has never been there. My father was in Vietnam 64-67 and he never talked about it. Ever. The few times that did get together with friends who did make it out he would. This was the only time my brother and I found out what he did and where he was. a tunnel rat. He was 5' 5" so they would give him a 45 and away he would go. I cannot imagine the things he saw and did. My father always told us that those who 'talk about it' were never in the # and we usually telling the stories of others they heard. In my experience with my friends it was also true. Things happen you want top suppress not relive because it was war.

In these cases I feel these were men who may have served but were used by an ideology that did not end well for those they killed.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So, the shooting in New Jersey...seems to me again to fit the picture of ambushes of police by a certain group of people who adhere to certain principals.

Link

Hmmm....any thoughts?

edit on Decpm31pmf0000002019-12-11T21:05:08-06:000908 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join