It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Flickers When I'm Thinking Intensely!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Okay, I wish I could describe this in more detail. Anyways, sometimes when I am thinking, pondering, contemplating really intensely the bedroom lights flicker. By intensely, I mean absorbed by thought. The flickering is not in any specific pattern, but just happens when I've really become absorbed in my thoughts. Is there some explanation for this?

I'm 90% sure that the lights flickering is not due to some electrical problem because of the suspicious timing of it and the house being fairly new.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hmm. Well there's lots of lightbulbs in the world. Have you tested this in other places where lights exist or is it just when you're alone in your house?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
As odd as it may sound, I've had the same thing happen... but when I suddenly get very sad or angry about something.

whether or not there's a real connection between the two is open to debate. A skeptic could easily argue that, after I read your description, my brain simply recalled the instances where oddities like those mentioned above happened while skipping over the millions of times when nothing happened with the lights while I was having intense thoughts.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Hmm. Well there's lots of lightbulbs in the world. Have you tested this in other places where lights exist or is it just when you're alone in your house?

It happened in a house I lived in before, but that house was old. (1960's era house)

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Before paranormal explanations are the only option left, a case of lights flickering may just be your mind shutting off your other senses during your intense periods of concentration. Incredibly brief black-outs to put it another way.

I imagine the only way to truly know if its not just you who is starting to black out is to get a video camera or another person in the room during one of these intense thinking sessions.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is strange, it happened to me last night.. i was sitting at my computer, and it seemed like everytime i started thinking about something different, the light would flicker, dim, then get bright again...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Moderator Gazrok apparently has something similiar happen to him. He, and apparently others, refer to it under the acronym SLIDERS, something about 'street light interference' etc etc. He might pop into the thread if it catches his eye. You could search for his posts that use the term 'sliders' and 'light bulbs' also, that might give some results.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thanks, Nygdan. I will do that.
I appreciate the responses here. Thanks, everyone.

FOUND IT!
Here is the thread, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although I disagree with the street light thing being paranormal on no basis at all, but merely my own individual disagreement.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Moderator Gazrok apparently has something similiar happen to him. He, and apparently others, refer to it under the acronym SLIDERS, something about 'street light interference'

I know it's not quite the same thing as the original thread poster,
but I always and I mean always get the street lights shutting off
whenever I walk passed.
I'm assuming it's related somehow.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I know why this is happening, you're going against the flow!
everyone is connected via the collective unconscious, your family, your neighbours, your whole street are living in harmony on a set cycle, of experience. everything youve ever experienced plays through your mind in the background, everone is on the same cycle like a wheel,
When you start thinking intently, for a moment you're thinking outside of that wheel, and your creating a new experience, which is disrupting the harmonious flow of thoughts.
Its like other people unconsciously sense the disruption and home in on your position. Your thinking past the wall of comfort, you've hit that wall and climbed over it. be careful what you wish for it might come true.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i've had the street light thing happen to me quite a bit. seems to only happen when im deep in thought and by myself driving. I always assumed it was just a faulty street light.
but im not so sure.
when i was younger i always used to be able to get a free sode from a soda vending machine by laying my hand against the button. I told my friend about it once when we were walking home from school. he didnt believe me so we walked into the local high school vending machine area. i walked up to a soda machine and layed my hand on the button and got a free coke. even after seeing that he thought i snuck some money into the machine.
i can't do it anymore but the street lights still go out at times

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggaman
I know why this is happening, you're going against the flow!
everyone is connected via the collective unconscious, your family, your neighbours, your whole street are living in harmony on a set cycle, of experience. everything youve ever experienced plays through your mind in the background, everone is on the same cycle like a wheel,
When you start thinking intently, for a moment you're thinking outside of that wheel, and your creating a new experience, which is disrupting the harmonious flow of thoughts.
Its like other people unconsciously sense the disruption and home in on your position. Your thinking past the wall of comfort, you've hit that wall and climbed over it. be careful what you wish for it might come true.

Thats actually the best explanation considering the details that I haven't shared. Good job.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As well as more self-observation of your two consciousnesses, I would certainly endorse checking the dark side of the bulb.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
As well as more self-observation of your two consciousnesses, I would certainly endorse checking the dark side of the bulb.

LOL! It took me awhile to get it.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

[edit on 9-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
that happens to my mom alot
she has bad dreams and all the lights in her room stop working!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Sometimes when I am in deep thought or concentration the light around me will dim and brighten. I always took it as my pupils dilating and contracting. That's just me though. Try it in the sunlight or candle light. Could be that your sensory input is shutting down and your known reality is beginning to colapse.

Hey division bell, I got your U2U but I can't reply because I don't have 20 posts yet

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
ive noticed all that about light bulbs, the way they flicker or blow out. the same with the central heating boiler also, and other electrical stuff too.
if all that happens then there must be a way to consciously make it happen.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey buddy I have the same problem as you, did you get any reason for it? Please let me know also.. Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2019 by Kaleraj28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaleraj28
Hey buddy I have the same problem as you, did you get any reason for it? Please let me know also.. Thanks in advance.

Hes been banned and this thread is 14 yrs old lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join