It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Invites Anti-Statue Activists to Tear This One Down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: AntiDoppleganger

Link? Context is important.

If you want full context, read her essay and/or autobiography. I even gave you the page number.

I found this for you:
archive.org...

You can find quotes in places like this:
www.liveaction.org...

If you're going to depend on links you'll have to wade through quotes misquotes and claims of each depending the political flavor. Its best you get it as directly as possible.

Some sites offer her writings for free, but you have to sign in.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The Civil rights act was basiclly on the century mark.

Even Robert E Lee said it was a horrible idea to put up statues glorifying the confederacy..

No one can say he wasn't SUPREMELY ACCOUNTABLE for his own actions. The man never passed the blame in his life..

Hell his most famous quote is "it was all my fault boys.. it was all my fault."

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

And what does the traitors being pardoned have to do with ANYTHING???

I pardon forgives a crime it doesn't undo it..

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Staues on public ground are not just one persons property to make a decision on...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

And what does the traitors being pardoned have to do with ANYTHING???

I pardon forgives a crime it doesn't undo it..

You don't really understand what a pardon is, do you?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Staues on public ground are not just one persons property to make a decision on...

Keep that in mind in the future.
edit on 20-8-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Pay special attention to sanger calling out pastors to spread the message. Black preachers have been bojangling minstrels for a long time. Their pimp game of the black community has been going on a long time.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

They are the US government property..

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yes.. a president forgives any crimes you committed..

A pardon does not untreason a rebellion..

A pardon doesn't bring back to life all the American soldiers they killed..

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

And yet, it makes treason a non issue, go figure.

When you live life in a tiny bubble, it's hard to see other perspectives. Like what were some of the southerners thinking when they were killing their cousins and brothers? Or what Union solders were thinking when they burned down homes of innocent farmers. I wasn't there, and I suspect you weren't either. I also believe this happened quite a while ago, so anyone who was involved, received their pardon and is now dead. So if you really want to feel like a hero, go find a civil war soldier and make a public spectacle of him.

But while we wait for you to find a 140 year old person, could you please explain what a statue does to you, how it makes you feel, and what the removal of said statue would do for you. Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: infolurker

The biggest surges in putting up pro-confederacy statues came during the Jim Crow era and the civil rights era.

They were protest statues to begin with. They were made to be removed by a more enlightened culture.

Planned Parenthood is what it is. It's not a flimsy statue of a failed rebellion.

The South remained poor for almost a century after the Civil War. Reconstruction and carpetbaggers stole further resources from the South. Southerners were the butt of many jokes regarding poor and rural people. The one thing they had was their military and leaders from the War who were anything but stupid. Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson and Nathan Bedford Forrest were military geniuses whose tactics are still studied to this day. The bravery, heroism and sacrifice of the Confederate Army was legendary, historians will not argue that point. Erecting monuments to their ancestors was the one thing Southerners could do to display their pride in themselves in a world that was becoming increasingly foreign to them.

That is my best description of why these monuments were erected. They knew erecting monuments couldn't stop laws from being passed but it wasn't until many decades later that the South even had the money to think about erecting such statues. They were symbols of what Southerners took the most pride in which held nearly mythological status.

Had anyone been tearing down statues 50 or more years ago I guarantee that several people would already have been shot. The fact they are meeting so little resistance about these symbols of cultural heritage only goes to show how fractured the entire Southern mindset has become. The South and it's people are not what they once were. Tearing down the statues now is like punishing a people after they already did everything asked of them.

I hope this helps people to understand the value some place in these monuments. That's all this post was meant to convey.
edit on 20-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

If you want full context, read her essay and/or autobiography. I even gave you the page number.

Is that what you did? Or, did you find a right wing, pro-life web site dedicated to defaming Margaret Sanger and quote mine quotes you thought most damning?

You can find quotes in places like this:
www.liveaction.org...

Yeah, that's what I thought.

How False Narratives of Margaret Sanger Are Being Used to Shame Black Women

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Destroy them all, all idols, all statues

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It appears you didn't fully read my post, ...nor did you read her own writing.
I cautioned you to take it directly from her and there were indeed slanted sites that purposely misquote her.

I even offered you her autobiography. Some put her on a pedestal, others try to smear her. The truth is in the middle and in her own words.

Read her views from her own words, then come back to me....you only wanted links so you could attempt to discredit the source. So try and discredit her.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Read her views from her own words

I already have. I was well acquainted with Sanger and her views well before today, and well before Planned Parenthood came under Glenn Beck and Co's recent attacks. Margaret Sanger was an exceptional woman of her times. In my eyes she's an American hero and champion for woman's rights.

Her statue, accomplishments and everything she stood for should continue to be memorialized at the Smithsonian, without a doubt.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I had never read her full autobiography, just bits and pieces, so thanks for that.

I found the part where she describes opening her first birth control clinic particularly interesting. She wanted to open it in a poor neighborhood, because those women were the most desperate. After talking with several women, she decided on a neighborhood in Brooklyn - that was mostly populated by Jews and Italians (not blacks).

She and her colleagues printed and distributed flyers (in Italian, English and Yiddish) that read:
"Mothers!

Can you afford to have a large family? Do you want any more children!

If not, why are you having them?

DO NOT KILL, DO NOT TAKE LIFE, BUT PREVENT

..."

There were at least 150 women lined up the first day the clinic was to open. What a success! And what a woman!

edit on 20-8-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I thought it was about comparing removing the statues of traitors to America from US government property and a statue of a woman who didn't commit treason in private property...

Might should change the headline.

You know we are not talking about statues here right... we are talking about the living embodiment of racism which has killed 17 million... yes 17 million African-American babies and continues to target them.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What? Are you saying that African American women aren't competent enough to make their own decisions when it comes to family planning, birth control and the termination of an unwanted pregnancy? The government should regulate that for them, for their race's own good?
edit on 20-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What? Are you saying that African American women aren't competent enough to make their own decisions when it comes to family planning, birth control and the termination of an unwanted pregnancy? The government should regulate that for them, for their race's own good?

LOL, you can try to twist it any way you wish but the facts speak for themselves.

In “The Pivot of Civilization” and “A Plan for Peace,” Sanger describes the eugenic value of eliminating persons – minorities, the sick, and the disabled – through sterilization or segregation:

Our failure to segregate morons who are increasing and multiplying … demonstrates our foolhardy and extravagant sentimentalism … [Philanthropists] encourage the healthier and more normal sections of the world to shoulder the burden of unthinking and indiscriminate fecundity of others; which brings with it, as I think the reader must agree, a dead weight of human waste.

Instead of decreasing and aiming to eliminate the stocks that are most detrimental to the future of the race and the world, it tends to render them to a menacing degree dominant … We are paying for, and even submitting to, the dictates of an ever-increasing, unceasingly spawning class of human beings who never should have been born at all.

The main objects of the Population Congress would be to apply a stern and rigid policy of sterilization and segregation to that grade of population whose progeny is tainted, or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring[;] to give certain dysgenic groups in our population their choice of segregation or sterilization.

www.npr.org...

In reading her papers, it is clear Sanger had bought into the movement. She once wrote that "consequences of breeding from stock lacking human vitality always will give us social problems and perpetuate institutions of charity and crime."

www.washingtonpost.com... &utm_term=.beb0e6b0fe0e

At one point, in 1934, she even crafted a proposed law that included this provision: “Feeble-minded persons, habitual congenital criminals, those afflicted with inheritable disease, and others found biologically unfit by authorities qualified judge should be sterilized or, in cases of doubt, should be so isolated as to prevent the perpetuation of their afflictions by breeding.” Sanger said she wanted “to give certain dysgenic groups in our population their choice of segregation or sterilization,” which some have interpreted as a reference to concentration camps.

Sanger in 1938 appeared to speak positively about the German program undertaken by the Nazis. “Reports in medical journals state that the indications laid down in the German law are being carefully observed. These are gongenital feeble-mindedness; schizophrenia, circular insanity; heredity epilepsy; hereditary chorea (Huntington’s); hereditary blindness or deafness; grave hereditary bodily deformity and chronic alcoholism,” she said. “The rights of the individual could be equally well safeguarded here, but in no case should the rights of society, or which he or she is a member, be disregarded.”

Whether the rationale for this killing is profit, greed, delusion, race hatred, or pure malice, it doesn’t matter. The result is the same. It kills the children of a race, and its effect is to eventually decimate a racial population.

When possible, Planned Parenthood placed its facilities near the highest minority populations in the area and optimized its proximity to each of the vulnerable populations. Often, a Black neighborhood would be on one side of the facility, a Hispanic/Latino neighborhood on the other side, and a college or two sprinkled around, all within walking distance of Planned Parenthood’s abortions and influence.

This is nothing new. Minority groups have complained for decades that Planned Parenthood has been targeting their communities, and Protecting Black Life’s research substantiated that claim with clear evidence. Unfortunately, the effect of these abortion facilities in minority neighborhoods has been both cultural and lasting.

With a current death of over 800 Black babies per day, abortion has killed an estimated 17 million Black babies since 1973, a substantial loss to a Black population that numbers only 42 million. The long-term toll of this tragedy on the Black community and indeed, on all humanity, is immeasurable.

By purposely placing its facilities in areas that ensure higher abortion rates in minority populations, Planned Parenthood is a leader and an active participant in this genocide, no matter what its motivation.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No, no , no! You're moving the goal posts. Margaret Sanger ushered in birth control, not abortion. Don't conflate the two. Sanger was very much opposed to abortion. FACT

You know we are not talking about statues here right... we are talking about the living embodiment of racism which has killed 17 million... yes 17 million African-American babies and continues to target them.

BS! The African American population isn't at risk of elimination and African American woman can make their own decisions about family planning, birth control and the termination of unwanted pregnancies. You stats are merely reflective of women taking responsibility for their own reproductive decisions. No one is being forced and no one is being coerced. To insinuate otherwise is degrading to all African American women.

Planned Parenthood clinics are primarily located in low income neighborhoods and neighborhoods where the highest population of disenfranchised women reside and work. reaching low income and disenfranchised women is their mission. Women of means don't need planned parenthood. And, wealthier families have less children, if you want to talk about targeting!

edit on 20-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join