It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP Calling For Boycott Of NFL, Atlanta Falcons

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Interesting, I have to admit I do not follow Sports so I am unsure why the NAACP is backing this guy to the extent it is. Extortion like to me.... Sign this guy or else.

www.fox4news.com...

The NAACP has called for a boycott of the NFL. The organization says the league treated free agent Colin Kaepernick unfairly for his headline grabbing protest during the national anthem.

he NAACP says they are planning to send a strong message to not only commissioner Rodger Goodell, but NFL owners like Arthur Blank.

"There will be no football in the state of Georgia if Colin Kaepernick is not on a training camp roster and given an opportunity to pursue his career," said Gerald Griggs from Atlanta NAACP. "This is not a simple request. This is a statement.

This is a demand and if Mr. Kaepernick is not allowed to pursue his career, then on September the 17th, at 5:00, we are going to have the world's largest tailgate, and that tailgate will not go into Mercedes-Benz Stadium. We will take a knee, and we will continue to take a knee on the NFL until they act with one voice."

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If the NAACP wants to protest over some player not getting to play. Could they at least pick one who's any good?

Kaepernick just isn't.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Big mistake of they go through with it.

As shallow as it is, if they mess with the NFL, loads of fans will turn on their cause.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Kaepernick had his free speech. As many have pointed out from both the left and right, free speech is not freedom from consequences of that speech. If nazis can be punched just for being nazis, this guy can certainly be out of work for his attitiude, where the first is a crime and the latter is not. (The punching nazis debate is on another thread and irrelevant here)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Kaepernick made his bed. Time to sleep in it.

Screw the NAACP. What good have they ever done for anyone? They specialize in sowing dissent and fomenting anger.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If the everyone thinks it all right for the Google guy to be fired, then it's also all right for Kaepernick to not work too.

And besides, he's just. not. that. good.

If he was, he'd be playing, just like Michael Vick was no matter how many animal rights people were up in arms.
edit on 19-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
They are trying to FORCE my Falcons to hire Kaepernick ? Kaepernick is at best a mediocre QB . We have a good QB and have had. Regard the last season.
So what valuable talent would he be bringing? A waste of money if you ask me.

And isnt that against the laws of the land to force a group to hire someone ?

edit on 8/19/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think it's a great testament to the state of race relations in this country if the big issue the NAACP is ready to go to the mat over involves a multi millionaire professional athlete who turned down an offer, thinking he'd do better on the open market.

Oops.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This will be the worst boycott ever because the stadiums will all be full on opening day. The NfL will win this hands down.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Help the rich black man make more money then the people you claim to represent...these people are so disgusting. How can anyone stomach this worthless #.

that's it. Internet needs to go.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It's like they think they are back in the days before blacks were even allowed to play.

Maybe they should attend a game and count the representation blacks have achieved on field.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
boycott everything!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Interesting, I have to admit I do not follow Sports so I am unsure why the NAACP is backing this guy to the extent it is. Extortion like to me.... Sign this guy or else.

www.fox4news.com...

The NAACP has called for a boycott of the NFL. The organization says the league treated free agent Colin Kaepernick unfairly for his headline grabbing protest during the national anthem.

he NAACP says they are planning to send a strong message to not only commissioner Rodger Goodell, but NFL owners like Arthur Blank.

"There will be no football in the state of Georgia if Colin Kaepernick is not on a training camp roster and given an opportunity to pursue his career," said Gerald Griggs from Atlanta NAACP. "This is not a simple request. This is a statement.

This is a demand and if Mr. Kaepernick is not allowed to pursue his career, then on September the 17th, at 5:00, we are going to have the world's largest tailgate, and that tailgate will not go into Mercedes-Benz Stadium. We will take a knee, and we will continue to take a knee on the NFL until they act with one voice."

OK. Hire Colin as the water boy at minimum wage. He isn't much of a quarterback but he should be able to hustle the water bottles for the team. It's a career he is suited for.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Yea, let's pay idiots who play games and earn millions while people who actually contribute to society like scientists, doctors, etc etc Let's not forget the millionaires who make movies in Hollyweird while we are at it?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

When I saw the Headline I thought it was because they blew a 25 point lead in the second half of the Super Bowl.

Additionally, an ex-Patriots player once stated something to the effect that if Jeffery Dahmer was good at football they'd just say he had an eating disorder. There are drug abusers, killers, assaulters, etc. in the NFL. Kapernick is not on a roster because his value is greatly outweighed by the head aches he causes. He's simply not that good.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Who cares why no one wants him where was the NAACP (National Association Of Always Complaining People) when Tebo was out of work?

edit on 19-8-2017 by PsychicCroMag because: had to finish the sentence

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Yea, let's pay idiots who play games and earn millions while people who actually contribute to society like scientists, doctors, etc etc

They get paid millions because the owners make billions off of their talent. What they get paid is minuscule compared to what the owners are raking in.

Also there's the fact that Eric Reid kneeled with Kaepernick:

Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid Kneel During National Anthem Before MNF vs. Rams

Source

Eric Reid is still on the roster as a 49er in the NFL because he's a good player and Kap was cut because he is no longer good. He remains a free agent because he is no longer good.

I can't get behind the NAACP on this one, and there a lot more important matters to attend to anyhow!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That would be a hell of a showdown....NAACP vs Falcon fans .....my money's on the falcon fans ! ......people watch football because they love the game , and not to hear him run his mouth about his uneducated political views, ...He's more of a pain the A**, then he has talent. No one wants to deal with him....he made his choice to make his career about politics, and not about the sport.....He used each controversial topic he could to get the lime light ..... Now he has to deal with the consequences ....looks like he ran to NAACP to try to get a bully to help him.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is akin to blackmail... NAACP Can go cry somewhere else..
The disease of hate is spreading as fast as the MSM can push it!!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The National Advance All Colored People organization sure has declined, hasn't it? That horribly worded statement is a microcosm of what plagues the Democratic party overall. So embarrassing..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join