It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING!!! Black Man is Nice and helpful to Disabled White Man in Deep South Lafayette, Louisiana!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Everybody's watching these white supremacists, Antifa and black racists ass hats like anything they say actually matters. I'm fed up with it. These are NOT the Americans I know. But, hey, the Americans I know won't sell advertising or further a regressive-progressive agenda.

We are being played like a cheap violin. Before I share this shocking story, I want to share two quotes:

Jesus Christ: "Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, 'Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.'" Matt. 12:25

Sun Tzu: "If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him ... If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them." The Art of War

Now, this is from a Facebook post done by a member of the Chamber of Commerce in Lafayette, Louisiana (you know, that deep south bastion of hatred and racism that you hear about on the news all the time). It was accompanied by a photo of the two men. This is what I see so much more of down here.

I observed an amazing thing this afternoon as I'm sitting in my vehicle outside the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce Office about to walk into my 3pm meeting. Story goes like this...

This white guy on the left is blind and is walking along the sidewalk thru ULL's campus on this busy afternoon and he's cautiously feeling his way around. As he approaches the corner of a busy intersection, the black guy on the left is also walking along his own route and takes notice of the blind gentleman and approaches to offer assistance with crossing the intersection. The blind guy accepts and they go forward chatting and making their way.

After crossing the intersection they shake hands, exchange a few kind words/gestures and part. However, the black guy who offered assistance to the blind guy never completely walks away, rather he lingers and observes the blind guy as he feels his away around high sidewalks and has to step down, etc. Eventually, the black guys walks back over to the blind guy and positions his shoulder so the blind guy can hold on and then leads him safely the rest of the journey to wherever they ended up - beyond my view.

My observation... neither of them cared nor made a condition of whom or what the other was or could have been (race, gender, religion, sex, nationality, etc. didn't matter). Rather, one human being was in need of HELP and another human being took notice and provided it!!!

Nazi/KKK/Antifa/BLM my ass ...

As the author hashtagged it, #humanitymatters.

Humanity is all that matters. Ass hats don't.
edit on 2017 8 19 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Star and flag.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hooah!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Whenever the racial divide rears its ugly face, I am always reminded that children are not born to hate, they learn how to do it from their parents and family.

That is the truth behind all racial tensions.

P

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Thank you. ATS needs this. Children are the same way. They see friends. They don't see color.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I like it, but don't find it shocking. Americans help each other all the time. We're not constantly fighting in our real everyday lives like some would make us out to be...

But it is a great story. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Why ? It is a civilized Southern State. Just like my Georgia.
We dont "cotton too well" to outsiders preaching hate , violence , and racism . And others. They get their a** locked up so fast it makes their head swim....
Doesnt matter whos side they are on.
Believe it or not , there is very little to no racism talk in Georgia . It is only the hate groups that say there is. That was so 19th and early 20th Century. All we want is to be left alone by the sh** crap riff - raff from other States.

And the OP happens a lot more than is reported....

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I like it, but don't find it shocking. Americans help each other all the time. We're not constantly fighting in our real everyday lives like some would make us out to be...

That's precisely the point, my dear ladyinwaiting. It is absolutely not shocking. It's normal. But the media would have the entire world believe otherwise.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Why ? It is a civilized Southern State. Just like my Georgia. ... And the OP happens a lot more than is reported....

Precisely!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I think "shocking" was supposed to be read more like "le gasp".

It was tongue-in-cheek.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

It was tongue-in-cheek.

She's a sharp one!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Am i missing a video link ?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: Abysha

It was tongue-in-cheek.

She's a sharp one!

The 3rd best post I have read.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I’ve never been as far as Virginia but my friends tell me in the South their generally more friendly than northerners. ..

Friends tell me in the south strangers say hello to each other often. In the north, at least the places I’ve been, that don’t happen too often.

Great story…acts of kindness is what love is built on.

We need more love....

This is a love story

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Praise civility. There is so much more of this than the jackasses on the news. The best way to combat racism and hate is stuff like this. Be decent to those around you.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Absolutely. The south has assimilated much better than the north easter states. All the hate on the news is not seen here unless it is organized in larger cities.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

Am i missing a video link ?

Sorry, no video link. Just two human beings being kind and considerate to one another.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I remember the day that that fool shot those cops on a Sunday morning in Baton Rouge, that afternoon I walked into a public restroom. And older black man and I were finishing up and washing our hands at the same time. There was a roll of towels and I held it for him to pull one off.

He looked at me with sad yes and asked, "What is this all about? Why people doing this kind of stuff?"

No sane person wants it or likes it.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Whoa, wtf! My mind is totally blown!

Actually, if you turn off the MSM for a few minutes and actually go outside and interact with people, you'll find that 99% of them don't care about identity politics. Nobody gave a # about statues before, It's the media creating a narrative.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: Gothmog

Absolutely. The south has assimilated much better than the north easter states. All the hate on the news is not seen here unless it is organized in larger cities.

You got it. I challenge anyone to come down here and speak to most anyone. We never meet strangers. But be prepared to spend at least an hour talking...crap , at least an hour- mostly hours.
If you want to start with the horsesh** though be prepared to get shunned. Excommunicated even . At that point you have a plague and no righteous citizen will have anything to do with ya. Word travels fast.
peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join