It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt-right Cancels California Book Burning of ‘Degenerate Literature’ Organizer Fears Liberals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

“I do not want to go into a long explanation at this time,” Cadavid began. “The event was in no way intended to eradicate these publications, more a symbolic way of showing that we do not approve of what is being taught to our children and maybe that should have been made clearer, I do not endorse the censorship of literature or personal political views in any way.”

I'm still trying to figure out how one "symbolically" burns books.

Grab a piece of paper and pencil, place paper over said book, run pencil over paper to get the imprint, and then toss the pencil imprint into the fire ?

I do not endorse the censorship of literature or personal political views in any way.

Just the stuff we don't like... symbolically.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I don't know if you caught it, it was up for like an hour before it was taken down (as opposed to giving me a chance to change sources and I was too frustrated to write it over) but I did a thread sourced from the Daily Stormer. They did a PSA about impregnating white women whether they wanted to get pregnant or not, for the good of the race. They listed all kinds of tactics and doing it through casual sex or with partners/spouses.

So not only are women supposed to be ashamed of liking sex, we aren't supposed to have a choice about when we have babies.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I don't know if you caught it, it was up for like an hour before it was taken down (as opposed to giving me a chance to change sources and I was too frustrated to write it over) but I did a thread sourced from the Daily Stormer. They did a PSA about impregnating white women whether they wanted to get pregnant or not, for the good of the race. They listed all kinds of tactics and doing it through casual sex or with partners/spouses.

So not only are women supposed to be ashamed of liking sex, we aren't supposed to have a choice about when we have babies.

Jeezus.

That's the kind of stuff that scares the hell out of me and makes my uterus retract in fear.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I spent two years studying 19th and 20th century sexuality and that was the exact sort of mandates white nationalists gave (especially Nazi Germans) in order to populate. Only they took it further and encouraged rape of non-whites in order to destroy their lineage as well.

Look up old school Nazi propaganda and sex. Their push in this regard ironically helped push the sexual liberation worldwide after WW2. Some of their PSA stuff was downright dirty, complete with the sexualization of the German woman.

It's really fascinating.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I know and it's kind of war in your own mind, do you bring attention to it or not? We give so much attention to silliness such as campus cry babies, the babies that cry about campus babies, the alt-right and antifa cry babies that choose to meet up to fight... well maybe you Canadians don't but now we Americans are here discussing book burning, terror by car, shooting up baseball games and smacking each other around with heavy objects.

This seemed like it was better to let women know and risk spreading the idea to men capable of it. I should have reposted.
edit on 8/19/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Is this linked to Juan Cadavid or the 3 percenters or the "Burning Degeneracy" event? But I agree that's bad. The DailyStormer is a neo-nazi, white supermacist news (and commentary?) website.

Btw Juan Cadavid is this person:
www.facebook.com - Johnny Benitez...
edit on 8/19/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

No, a side convo.

Thanks for the link.
edit on 8/19/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I don't know if I have the stomach for it.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I don't know if I have the stomach for it.

I didn't. But it was a grade, lol.

But same premise. No sex unless it's with "me".

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I know and it's kind of war in your own mind, do you bring attention to it or not? We give so much attention to silliness such as campus cry babies, the babies that cry about campus babies, the alt-right and antifa cry babies that choose to meet up to fight... well maybe you Canadians don't but now we Americans are here discussing book burning, terror by car, shooting up baseball games and smacking each other around with heavy objects.

This seemed like it was better to let women know and risk spreading the idea to men capable of it. I should have reposted.

Oh we have our own fair share of ugly going on up here too.

Nowhere near as bad as what you've got going on right now, but it festers here in Canada in its own quiet way as well.

The ugly is worldwide, a festering disease that just won't go away no matter how much we try to kill it off with antibiotics.

It's own highly adaptive, constantly evolving organism, per se.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

It's irreconcilable because we are split nearly in half, in the west, on what the truth is... on everything.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

I'm sorry but what the fudge is going on in the States right now?

Let me try to sum it up. Others, feel free to strikeout or add/delete to any of these.

1) The United States is divided.

2) It is divided politically, geographically (cities vs. rural, East vs West), educationally, economically and spiritually.

3) It has always been this way and we have found through much struggle to make it work.

4) The struggles you see now are nothing new. They have existed for a loooong time.

5) Just because some may feel a storm is brewing, doesn't mean we won't pull through. We always do. We're still family.
edit on 19-8-2017 by Tempter because: delete of sentence you'll NEVER read... bwa-ha-ha-ha!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

That's one of the many underlying messages of this sort of extremism.

All of which, as I'm sure you know, point out the superiority of their way of life...irregardless of the nonsensical nature of the premise.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

It's irreconcilable because we are split nearly in half, in the west, on what the truth is... on everything.

Exactly.

Us vs. Them

Whomever "us" is and "them" are...? Practically changes on a daily basis.

So sick of it all.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

There's nothing at all wrong with that. Save that some, on whichever side, or all sides of the arguments (pick one
) know this and work to circumvent the attitude that many have of "to each his, or her, own, so long as no one is hurt.".

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
We're still family.

I had an uncle who raped my aunt and crushed kitty skulls against the wall in front if her children because they meowed too loudly.

I never ran him over with a car.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

You're to be congratulated on your restraint... Not sure I'd have been so controlled.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You're to be congratulated on your restraint... Not sure I'd have been so controlled.

I was seven. Gimme a chance, lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's one of the many underlying messages of this sort of extremism.

All of which, as I'm sure you know, point out the superiority of their way of life...irregardless of the nonsensical nature of the premise.

Well that's just it, isn't it ?!

We all live morally superior lifestyles and hold the correct ideologies (cough laugh cough).

It's "them" that don't.

Human hubris.

We are our own worst enemies and we'll continue to repeat history until there's no more chances for history to be made.

After that ?

Caves and sticks. Back to square one, I guess.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

But the first quoted paragraph in your OP says this:

According to The OC Weekly, the group advertised the Aug. 19 event by telling people that it was time to “purge their homes, State, and country of degenerate literature.”

So it sounds like he/they want to purge the country of the literature they claim is degenerate, but he doesn't want the stigma of being against free speech.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join