It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we gotta put up with Farrakhan well then we gotta put up with the neo-nazis too

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Because it this context, they are Americans. I'm sorry you can't understand that.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: JinMI

So there should be a class of US citizen, based on ideology?

Wow if you wanna be a NAZI then you should be tried as a war criminal right? Did they not do that?

Dont war criminals lose their rights? I swear to god my grandfather did not die in WWII so nazis could raise their flag on American soil.

Why does everyone seem to want NAZIS to have rights??

WTF world do we live in???

Dude, WWII is over, it (officially) ended in 1989 when the Berlin Wall fell. Because if they are American citizens, they have these rights...period. It is not defending Nazi' saying this, it is defending AMERICANS that follow a different (albeit disgusting) philosophy. But that alone does not negate their rights.

How do you not understand that??

As for familial connections, my father fought the German army during WWII in France, Normandy to be exact. My uncle was stationed at Pearl Harbor in December of 1941. Another uncle served and fought in Korea against the Chinese. Another uncle served in Thailand during the Vietnam conflict. My brother also served in Vietnam at that time. My cousin fought in Desert Storm.

Does that change my position on the rights of AMERICANS, no, in fact it makes it even more solidified that we protect them like our children.

Dont care that the war is over. They were still trying nazis just a few years ago. Some of you guys should be ashamed lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Because it this context, they are Americans. I'm sorry you can't understand that.

I do understand that. But I still dont think they should be allowed to raise a nazi flag on American soil Im sorry you cant understand that lmao.

Keep fighting for the rights of Nazis and ISIS and see how far that gets you guys in life. Duke would be proud.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Wow if you wanna be a NAZI then you should be tried as a war criminal right? Did they not do that?

Dont war criminals lose their rights? I swear to god my grandfather did not die in WWII so nazis could raise their flag on American soil.

Dude, WWII is over, it (officially) ended in 1989 when the Berlin Wall fell. Because if they are American citizens, they have these rights...period. It is not defending Nazi' saying this, it is defending AMERICANS that follow a different (albeit disgusting) philosophy. But that alone does not negate their rights.

As for familial connections, my father fought the German army during WWII in France, Normandy to be exact. My uncle was stationed at Pearl Harbor in December of 1941. Another uncle served and fought in Korea against the Chinese. Another uncle served in Thailand during the Vietnam conflict. My brother also served in Vietnam at that time. My cousin fought in Desert Storm.

Does that change my position on the rights of AMERICANS, no, in fact it makes it even more solidified that we protect them like our children.

Dont care that the war is over. They were still trying nazis just a few years ago. Some of you guys should be ashamed lol.

Would those trials be from those that served in the German army during WWII? As for why, they were not tried for being Nazi's but for crimes they committed while in their positions during the war.

I should be ashamed because I am defending the United States Constitution?

I think not kid. At least I know what the constitution says and means. What is your excuse?

edit on 8/19/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Would those trials be from those that served in the German army during WWII? As for why, they were not tried for being Nazi's but for crimes they committed while in their positions during the war.

I think not kid. At least I know what the constitution says and means. What is your excuse?

LOL kid . im a 47 year old grandfather. And a true American. A law can be made outlawing the display of the swastika and all I said was I would be for that law. Just like I would be for a law raising an ISIS flag.

And you guys come running in defending the right to wave a nazi flag like were in NAZI Germany.

Like you all have a stake in NAZIS. LIke if we outlaw a NAZI flag then the book burnings are next. Drama queens of the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'm fighting for the rights of Americans. Well online, and figuratively.

American citizens are equal to you in the eyes of the constitution and laws. Laugh all you want, your ignorance on the topic is glaring.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

LOL kid . im a 47 year old grandfather. And a true American. A law can be made outlawing the display of the swastika and all I said was I would be for that law. Just like I would be for a law raising an ISIS flag.

And you guys come running in defending the right to wave a nazi flag like were in NAZI Germany.

Like you all have a stake in NAZIS. LIke if we outlaw a NAZI flag then the book burnings are next. Drama queens of the world.

And that law would be struck down as unconstitutional for all the reasons I gave you up to this point. As someone once said,

"You dont get to decide whats appropriate. "

ETA: As for the kid remark, it seemed appropriate based upon your actions and opinions in this thread.

edit on 8/19/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

And that law would be struck down as unconstitutional for all the reasons I gave you up to this point. As someone once said,

"You dont get to decide whats appropriate. "

ETA: As for the kid remark, it seemed appropriate based upon your actions and opinions in this thread.

I just said I would be for that law. what opinions are childish? and do you really think such a law would be struck down right now? we cant even raise a confederate flag. Which I am ok with 100% with flying that one BTW.
edit on 19-8-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is the kind of crap that I was afraid would happen.

We've got some people being very successful in removing statues, flags etc.

Others would seize this opportunity to capitalize on the backlash to promote anti-speech laws against Nazi's because, hey, who likes Nazi's, amirite? I mean, if you're against this law, you must like Nazi's and KKK, amirite?

The problem then is, free speech becomes conditional, and it opens the door to infringe on any other group that people might find offensive.

It sets a precedent.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

'Why should your opinion matter, being a nazi sympathizer?'

It literally is just that easy. Scary times.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

'Why should your opinion matter, being a nazi sympathizer?'

It literally is just that easy. Scary times.

And it is being used here on ATS.

Want to silence someone or shut down a debate?

Just toss out the "Nazi" card.

It's the same under the Obama administration. Had an issue with policy?

Then you're a racist.

Now it's free speech. Try to defend it and you're a Nazi.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Indeed. Tis why I've grown fond of the term bigot.
However in my err I don't think it's as big bad dirty word as I have been led to believe. Boohoo for me.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

What laws? We dropped two nukes and didn't make any laws banning free speech. Why do you think nuking a few statues and flags are gonna cause that?

We don't hate Nazis nearly as much as our grand (and great grand) parents did. We don't even hate them as much as we should.

But if laws like that came about, I'd be standing next to you, protesting them.

# Nazis and # attempts to legally kill free speech. It'll never happen.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I never thought that dozens of cities, private businesses, state agencies would ever cave and eliminate civil war memorials.

And look where we are with people applauding it.

So the step to limit speech, hell, the step to book burning might not be as far fetched as you might think.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I never thought that dozens of cities, private businesses, state agencies would ever cave and eliminate civil war memorials.

And look where we are with people applauding it.

So the step to limit speech, hell, the step to book burning might not be as far fetched as you might think.

I don't see most of those as civil war memorials. Research when they were put there in the first place. Most are statues put up when they were angry about resistance to Jim Crow laws and during MLK days.

If the local community doesn't want them, listen to local wishes and put them in a museum or something.

You won't find me approving the forceful removal of statues and I'd hope you knew that already.

Free speech is a right given to us. Statues put up in protest aren't.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I wrote a whole thread about supporting free speech and have said white supremacist are fine Farakhan was fine we gotta deal with it because free speech and all .

They can preach and talk all the stupid bs they want because its America.

I write one line at the end saying I think waving a Nazi flag should be illegal and I would support that law.

And you ran in here only tallking about that one line and my opinion on if a law ever came about.

Then you decide to Troll me and tell me how I am unamerican because I think waving a Nazi flag should be ILLegal.

Then you wonder why people call you an effing Nazi??????

Wasnt the whole point of the war with NAZI to keep them from planting their flag on our soil?
edit on 20-8-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Not to get all detailed but one point I have issue with.

Free speech is not a right given to us.

It is ours at birth. It is something that should belong to all of humanity.

The right to freely express who we are, who we want to be, who we love, who we hate, what we think, and what we say.

That right is not "given" to any of us. Something given, can also be something taken away.

Free expression is a birthright.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Not to get all detailed but one point I have issue with.

Free speech is not a right given to us.

It is ours at birth. It is something that should belong to all of humanity.

The right to freely express who we are, who we want to be, who we love, who we hate, what we think, and what we say.

That right is not "given" to any of us. Something given, can also be something taken away.

Free expression is a birthright.

Agreed.

But we were born belonging to a government entity that controls our rights. There are many rights we have as a "birthright" but don't have as a citizen. Like the right to put whatever you'd like to into your body or the right to marry multiple people (etc etc).
But there are rights we do have, legally, and one of those is the 1st amendment.

Not to bum you out or anything, lol. Gods... now I'm bummed.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Because that one line negated everything that you said.

Either speech is free or it's conditional.

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Why do you think I'm such an anti-government dork?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join