It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we gotta put up with Farrakhan well then we gotta put up with the neo-nazis too

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Wow Maybe read the thread... I obviously dont think illegals should be allowed to vote..But I dont think ISIS or Nazis should get a voice either.

DBC is the exact opposite.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You can't disallow American citizens no matter what affiliation. Who's next? Jehovah's witnesses?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

So there should be a class of US citizen, based on ideology?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Wow Maybe read the thread... I obviously dont think illegals should be allowed to vote..But I dont think ISIS or Nazis should get a voice either.

Yes, you are saying that an American that happens to subscribe to an abhorent political dogma and self identifies as a Nazi or ISIS supporter should not be allowed to vote. Unless you think that all Nazi's are not citizens and coming here illegally. See, political affiliation has nothing to do with citizenship. So, you're advocating that legal U.S. citizens should be stripped of their Constitutional rights based upon political affiliation. See, that there is the reason we have a 1st ammendent. To protect citizens from people that think like you.

Again, it protects that speech to which you disagree.

edit on 8/19/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Farakhan thinks that aliens built the evil white man to enslave the world, nazis not so much.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Yes, you are saying that an American that happens to subscribe to an abhorent political dogma and self identifies as a Nazi or ISIS supporter should not be allowed to vote. Unless you think that all Nazi's are not citizens and coming here illegally. See, political affiliation has nothing to do with citizenship. So, you're advocating that legal U.S. citizens should be stripped of their Constitutional rights based upon political affiliation. See, that there is the reason we have a 1st ammendent. To protect citizens from people that think like you.

I said I would be for a law that outlaws the swastika ,not there right to talk or assemble or anything else just the damm flag and the ISIS flag because they are our enemies. And want to take our rights from us.

ISIS and NAZIS are the same thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just FYI I am all for flying the confederate flag so go figure..

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I said I would be for a law that outlaws the swastika ,not there right to talk or assemble or anything else just the damm flag and the ISIS flag because they are our enemies. And want to take our rights from us.

ISIS and NAZIS are the same thing.

And freedom of speech (verbal) and expression (written, drawn, physically) are the same thing. A flag is classified as freedom of expression according the the U.S. Constitution and the SCOTUS ruling. You want to change that, go through the amendment process. That is your right. But any law attempting to abridge that will be struck down as unconstitutional (as it has in the past).

Good luck with the amendment process. I hope you are young enough to last through the process.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There is a mother ship in orbit around the Earth . And when the time comes ,it will release landing ships . These landing ships are to take the good people off this doomed planet to another home....

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If there's a guy that's spouting a political idea that is supposedly so unthinkable that it should be banned I want to at least hear him out. I can guarantee somewhere in there even if it's miniscule and hidden behind all the BS rhetoric there's something he's saying that's not only true, it's true to the point that it's dangerous to the status quo. That goes for black nationalists, white nationalists, Islamic extremists, the extreme far left etc. I also think inciting violence shouldn't be a crime as adults are responsible for their own actions and idiocy.

You don't win by banning anything; you do it by allowing everyone an equal platform then intelligently and publicly discrediting the idea through debate so badly that their cause and credibility dies.

Flags, symbols, badges, tattoos etc are given power by the reaction to them, it's a conscious choice to be offended. They shouldn't be banned either. We've become a society of whining pussies that get outraged at the drop of a hat over things that we really should be clowning into oblivion.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

What about those that use the swastika in a Buddhist, etc. context?

While I may not agree with the resident cowboy on everything, he is immensely consistent in his stance on free speech. Calling him out on that is a bit silly.

The rights we are speaking about are applicable towards US citizens, meaning that someone here illegally (regardless if they came from Mexico or not, as not all illegal immigrants are Mexican FWIW) would be as protected as someone hanging out in the middle of the Australian outback. Its just not applicable, even if there have been plenty of loopholes pried open recently that may violate the "spirit of the law."

Anyway, in your mind, what is the distinction between a nazi spouting rhetoric verbally and a nazi displaying rhetoric visually?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

You can't disallow American citizens no matter what affiliation. Who's next? Jehovah's witnesses?

If they declare war on us the yes they are next.. What is so hard to understand about this?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

He is the one that told me I cant say something so there is that..

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

*shrugs*

Would you mind answering the questions I asked? I'm genuinely curious. Here they are again:

"What about those that use the swastika in a Buddhist, etc. context?"

"What is the distinction between a nazi spouting rhetoric verbally and a nazi displaying rhetoric visually?"

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

*shrugs*

Would you mind answering the questions I asked? I'm genuinely curious. Here they are again:

"What is the distinction between a nazi spouting rhetoric verbally and a nazi displaying rhetoric visually?"
to me.. The flag symbolizes the enemy of everything America stands for just the same as the ISIS flag.

when you win the war the other guy does not get to fly his flag on your land.. It is just how I feel. talk all the shi u want but you cant fly your flag here.

Because millions of Americans died fighting the bastards.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I don't get it. Not even the liberals here (and none that I know) defend that guy.

He's not exactly Ghandi for the left crowd.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

*shrugs*

to me.. The flag symbolizes the enemy of everything America stands for just the same as the ISIS flag.

when you win the war the other guy does not get to fly his flag on your land.. It is just how I feel. talk all the shi u want but you cant fly your flag here.

But, the war is over. And we were not at war with the Nazi's but the German government (who happened to be run by the Nazi Party that was in power). If an AMERICAN decides to support the Nazi philosophy, they do not legally surrender their AMERICAN citizenship. Whether I (or you) like it or not, that is the law. Unless you decide to change the U.S. Constitution, which as I said before is your right.

Our country should not be run based upon "feelings of what is wrong", it is based upon the rule of law. The most supreme law is our constitution. Your feelings are irrelevant, unless you decide to exercise your 1st amendment right to redress the government with your grievances. Then I will support your right to do that, and resist anyone that attempts to prevent you from exercising that right. As I repeatedly stated, that is how this works.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Wow if you wanna be a NAZI then you should be tried as a war criminal right? Did they not do that?

Dont war criminals lose their rights? I swear to god my grandfather did not die in WWII so nazis could raise their flag on American soil.

Why does everyone seem to want NAZIS to have rights??

WTF world do we live in???

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

*shrugs*

But, the war is over. And we were not at war with the Nazi's but the German government (who happened to be run by the Nazi Party that was in power). If an AMERICAN decides to support the Nazi philosophy, they do not legally surrender their AMERICAN citizenship. Whether I (or you) like it or not, that is the law. Unless you decide to change the U.S. Constitution, which as I said before is your right.

Our country should not be run based upon "feelings of what is wrong", it is based upon the rule of law. The most supreme law is our constitution. Your feelings are irrelevant, unless you decide to exercise your 1st amendment right to redress the government with your grievances. Then I will support your right to do that, and resist anyone that attempts to prevent you from exercising that right. As I repeatedly stated, that is how this works.

Jesus I never said they should not be Americans I said they should not be allowed to raise a damm NAZI flag. NOw if white supremacist want to make there own damm symbol and not be NAZIS then by all means fly it proud.

So what the war is over. We put NAZIS on war crime trials we dont give them rights what in the actual F..

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Wow if you wanna be a NAZI then you should be tried as a war criminal right? Did they not do that?

Dont war criminals lose their rights? I swear to god my grandfather did not die in WWII so nazis could raise their flag on American soil.

Why does everyone seem to want NAZIS to have rights??

WTF world do we live in???

Dude, WWII is over, it (officially) ended in 1989 when the Berlin Wall fell. Because if they are American citizens, they have these rights...period. It is not defending Nazi' saying this, it is defending AMERICANS that follow a different (albeit disgusting) philosophy. But that alone does not negate their rights.

How do you not understand that??

As for familial connections, my father fought the German army during WWII in France, Normandy to be exact. My uncle was stationed at Pearl Harbor in December of 1941. Another uncle served and fought in Korea against the Chinese. Another uncle served in Thailand during the Vietnam conflict. My brother also served in Vietnam at that time. My cousin fought in Desert Storm.

Does that change my position on the rights of AMERICANS, no, in fact it makes it even more solidified that we protect them like our children.

edit on 8/19/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join