It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be angry or just turn our back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Maybe this has been posted somewhere else, but I can't find it. Professor Ward Churchill of the University of Colorado has enraged a lot of people with his views about 9/11. I would like to pose two questions: 1) If you disagree with what he wrote, what should be done to him?(He has already been offered other jobs at other schools if he is fired, but CU regents say they can't fire him for what he did) 2) Did he do anything wrong?(He claims First Amendment protection, but the college is funded by taxpayer monies)

This subject has been done to death on talk radio, but I would like some real opinions of real people, not stuffed shirts like Savage or Limbaugh..........................What say you?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am personally angry and I feel that this is rightfully so. This man is an anti-american communist jerk. He hates this country. So, in my opinion, we should give him free airfare out of here.

He tried to apologize....but wouldn't take what he said back. What a jerk. I really wish I could swear.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This could apply to a great many things. In America we have (to some degree) the freedom of speach. That means anyone can say anything the like and everyone else has the option to listen or not. Getting angry over what you see as stupid opinions is a waste of your time.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The nite jocks at 850KOA radio have made a good point: No matter what happens to this guy, he WINS!

If he stays where he's at and nothing happens to him, he has already gotten a huge amount of publicity for his book writing(he has published thweny books already, most are about hating America).

If he gets fired (which the school says they can't do because there is no precedent for this) he not only will likely win millions in a lawsuit against the school, he will most likely be snatched up by a PRIVATE university for a larger salary.

Apparently, hating America these days is a win-win situation. Sad........

new topics

top topics

join