It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MANDELA TO SNUB BUSH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
>>>The 84-year-old has repeatedly condemned Mr Bush over Iraq, saying in January that the Texan "cannot think properly".

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Actually I think the reverse may be implied from what Mandela says.

"A courtesy call on Mr Mandela is an obligatory part of any visiting leader's schedule.

But when Mr Mandela was asked if he would repeat his criticism to Mr Bush in person, he said: "You assume that he is going to meet me.

"I wouldn't make that assumption. I have said what I wanted to say and I don't have to repeat it."

Bush, being a complete imbecile at the outset and now showing some geography learning at about one elementary school month per year, obviously has many in his entourage making appointments for him. Some of the comical schedules produced show as little world knowledge as that of the 'president' himself.

But you can be sure there will be no mention of Mandela or his views in the mainstream US Press. It will be arsehole Bush doing the snubbing.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Bush needs a Pie to the face.
Thier was this canadian who went around throwing pies at political leaders.
It was pretty funny.
Deep

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Who cares!!!?

They probably have a kiss and a cuddle around the back of the Rose Garden when nobody is looking.

If Mr Mandela is really worried about his fellow man, why doesn't he help to sort out the troubles in his neighbouring countries?
South Africa is a money nation. Yet it's spent hardly a penny helping it's brothers since Mandela came to power.
Look at the state of the rest of the Comtinent and tell me why SA hasn't acted? you can't still blame it on Apartheid can you?

And don't tell me he's not still got power. The man is an icon around the World.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Leveller

So you think that because South Africa has plenty of dosh and is throwing its weight around, it wants to play in the big leagues?

If Mandela has anything more than iconic status and wields any power, then what he thinks of the 'president' of the USA ought to be given expression in the mainstream US press when the 'president' visits South Africa.

Foreign aid is an interesting subject isn't it?

new topics

top topics

join