It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Bans A Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Iostsheep

Well Constantine didn't write it or put it together
Emoch was left out for a reason.
It's not important in context to the rest of the bible, more historical than theological
You can read it, it's not hidden
Plenty of other books left out but are easily accessible, all dealing with Jewish history
Why such a big drama about Enoch

Even the Jews don't consider it as part of their canon, why should Christians

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iostsheep
a reply to: Raggedyman

For verily I say unto you, Till. heaven and earth pass, one jot or one. tittle shall in no wise pass from. the law, till all be fulfilled -Matthew

The Earth hasn't passed nor have the heaven's. People confuse God's laws (10 commandments) with oral laws brought fourth by the Pharisees.

Everyone, including Paul, worshipped on the Sabbath. Separation between Judaism and Christianity didn't form until 400 years later. Christians talk about 10 commandments but claim it's been fulfilled.

Like Pork, Jews don't eat pork because some Jew said don't eat pork. Jesus confirms God never said that. What you eat has nothing to do with righteousness.

It's in the Pentateuch, a command of God not to eat pork, what are you talking about

So Jesus didn't bring in a new covenant?
Really

Maybe the law hasn't changed, maybe not a jot or title
You are very confused

The law still stands for those not under christs new covenant

Paul said All things for me are lawful but not all are edifying Corinthians 10. 23
What does that mean to you, nothing

You are very confused

The law exists, not one jot or title, as stated in Mark for those outside of Christ
The law is over, a new covenant has been applied for those in Christ
Love God love Each other, no laws in Christ but love, read Romans
edit on 20-8-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

He didn't put it together? Yes he did. Read Cannon 29.

First.. here's Corinthians.

“Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.”

Keep in mind he is saying this because Jews left when they saw Gentiles coming into learn on the Sabbath.

Constantine notes:
Let us then have nothing in common with the Jews who are our adversaries” He continued, “Forasmuch, then, as it is no longer possible to bear with your pernicious errors, we give warning by this present statute that none of you henceforth presume to assemble yourselves together. We have directed, accordingly, that you be deprived of all the houses in which you are accustomed to hold your assemblies: and forbid the holding of your superstitious and senseless meetings, not in public merely, but in any private house or place whatsoever. … Take the far better course of entering the Catholic Church …. From this day forward none of your unlawful assemblies may presume to appear in any public or private place. Let this edict be made public.”

Christians must not Judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, resting rather on Sunday. But, if any be found to be Judaizing, let them be declared anathema [cursed and excommunicated] from Christ.”

Jesus was constantly preaching on the Sabbath, see Mark 1:21; 6:2; Luke 4:31; 13:10, and Luke confirms it was his custom to do so in Luke 4:16. Moreover, in Mark 2:27-28 states Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath and God has appointed this day to Jesus:
“And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.”

His brother James is noted worshiping the Sabbath in Holy of Hollies.

and Enoch is scripture that was used prior to Cannon 29.

Jude 1:14-15,
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

"To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches, which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

This is a summarize quote from the Book of Enoch and here is Jude's reference.

Enoch 1:9
“And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones to execute judgement upon all, and to destroy all the ungodly: and to convict all flesh of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”
In the 2nd Century Epistles of Barnabas he quoted Enoch not only to state his reasoning but then compared Enoch to Daniel as having the same visions. In Chapter 4:3-5, Barnabas says:

The final stumbling block is at hand of which it was written, as Enoch says, "For to this end the Lord has cut short the times and the days, that his beloved should make haste and come to his inheritance."

And the Prophet also says thus: "Ten kingdoms shall reign upon the earth and there shall rise up after them a little king, who shall subdue three of the kings under one."

Daniel says likewise concerning the same: "And I beheld the fourth Beast, wicked and powerful and fiercer than all the beasts of the sea, and that ten horns sprang from it, and out of them a little excrescent horn, and that it subdued under one three of the great horns."

In the late 1st and early 2nd Century, Church Elder Tertullian addresses the importance of “The most ancient prophet Enoch “. He addresses the jews have of scriptures passed down from Noah and from the Jews. Tertullian responds to the rejection and importance of Enoch,

"But as Enoch has spoken in the same scripture of the Lord, and every scripture suitable for edification is divinely inspired, let us reject nothing which belongs to us. It may now seem to have been disavowed by the Jews like all other scripture which speaks of Christ—a fact which should cause us no surprise, as they were not to receive him, even when personally addressed by himself."

Tertullian has addressed that not only is it rejected by the Jews but should be accepted by Christians as divine and heavenly, that we “do not reject what is ours.” like our Jewish brethren has, as they rejected all things of Christ.

There is no doubt after reading Enoch, the book is the story of Christians and not the Jews, despite Enoch going into full detail of both the Old and New Testament. From Genesis to the Exodus. To parables of David and Solomon.

However Tertullian isn't the last, many others such as Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Origin and Clement of Alexandria all reference and mentions Enoch as if it were the Old Testament to the Christians. To learn more on their stories from “Book of Enoch the Prophet” by Richard Laurence, published in 1833. The introduction is free at sacred-texts.com

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Those that are gleeful about this, must be ignorant of history.

True. Sorry. People who choose what they perceive as the winning side don't give a rap about losers, or their rights, or their freedoms.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Please stop telling me to read Romans. I have and more over read other parts of the Bible. I encourage you to learn by those who walked with Jesus.. because you're twisting what Paul is saying. If you love God, and your neighbor.. all of the other commands come naturally.

Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command but an old one, which you have had since the beginning. This old command is the message you have heard.

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Read John... or James.. the ones who walked with Jesus in flesh. Whom Paul had to consult years after his revelations. I'm not saying Paul is a liar or anything like that- but 2 Peter warns what you are talking about.

Morever, Jesus tells you the 10 commandments but goes further saying don't even let your heart go there. 10 commandments is by far the easiest law to follow and 10 commandments do not perish until ALL IS FULFILLED. Eating pork is not what God gave to Moses on stone tablets.

edit on 20-8-2017 by Iostsheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You are just so confused it's scary
No one is arguing Enoch, you are, why

It just wasn't canonised, ok, it's mainly a historical book, stop arguing and think.
I own a bible with the book of Enoch in it, somewhere
Why the fixation on Enoch, if you are a Christian you should be fixated on Christ
You are confused

Bruxy Cavey does some great podcasts at a site Called " the meeting house"
You need good teaching

Go there, listen, learn Christianity

Christians worship our God everyday, everyday is a day of rest in Christ,,every day is a sabath for Christians

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yes the commandments
Love God love each other, they are the commandments Christ was tracking
What other commandments did Christ tell us to,do in the New Testament, go search
Read Romans
If I keep the commandments then it's works righteousness, I might as well be a Jew
If I am a Jew then I must keep,all Jewish laws. James 2/10

You are confused, please read Romans again, without blinkers on
Even in the OT Isaiah, God said, He wanted love not sacrifice

I am guessing you are a gnostic
Thanks, no thanks
edit on 20-8-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I said that the JW have fragments of Enoch from the Dead Sea in their bible and they get upset when I quote from Enoch. That was the point.. you tried to say it wasn't scripture. I confirmed it was. You are the one who is deeply confused. You misinterpret my text and I speak modern English.. God only knows what you interpret that isn't modern?

The 10 commandments isn't just Jewish law. Jewish law extends way beyond that. Such as you stated.. Eating pork.. or countless things you can point out in Talmud such as "A new can kill a nonJew, but nonJew must not kill a jew" or owning slaves by time God comes is not laws by God.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I would ban it too is is such a perversion of God's words, missing hundreds of verses, about 82k changes in words and context that it is hardly to be accepted by anyone other than oh yeah the Watchtower and the JW's who sponsored that perverse bible to begin with.

edit on 20-8-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

What Bible do you have that has Enoch in it? Only one I am aware of is Ethiopic.

Also James 2:10 states For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."

This has nothing to do with not keeping any laws, it is to say if you steal it is murder of the soul the same way violation of any of those commands are equal. By breaking one.. you broke them all.

www.bibleref.com...

Romans 12:1, “by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship.”

How are going to do that if you don't love others like you love God? To love God is to follow his word. You think God wants you to murder, lie, cheat, steal, hate and worship other Gods? You think Jesus would abolish that? Actually.. he makes it even harder. Not only are you not to commit adultry or covet another man's life, but so much of thinking it is a sin.

If you loved others and treated everyone how you truely want to be treated the thought shouldn't even come to mind. It's just as important to perserve a righteous heart as it is to preserve righteous actions. If you love, you follow the 10 commandments naturally. That's why they hang above all the prophets.

If you think for an instance that ANY of 12 Apostles or Paul taught to replace the Sabbath.. you are dead wrong and might want to read something other than Romans. Maybe more of Paul's epistles that explains clear as day to teach on Sabbath.. or people are saying things like "come three Sabbaths from now".

Ironically, this is discussed in Book of Jubilees and Enoch Book of Luminaries. Sabbath means to REST. It isn't a chore, but is God's gift to us. Many non-sects of Pharisees like Essences and Ebionites followed "Enoch Calendar" which is set by soltices, not lunar-solar. Sunday is actually a Pagan worship day, it gives prayer to the SUN. We rest on 7th (Saturday) because God created the world in 6 and rested on 7th.

Jews and Christians worshipped on Saturday for another 400 years before the day was changed by Constantine. That means for 400 years Gentiles worshiped on the Sabbath. It's right there at both council meetings.. Jews and Gentiles didn't depart until literally 100s years later.

They was even martyred.. I think you should lay off pod cast and search for God yourself through your own works than just take 1 person's advice. I am not rebuking any denominations, but you should always do your own work with your own mind or you'll be subjected to false teachings. You can't follow God's voice, by listening to someone else.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkenMimeMaster

Jehovah witnesses wrote the NWT they have hardly been around for centuries.

there are far worse religions than them but they are some of the most perverse backward people I have ever had the non pleasure of dealing with.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

“who keep the commandments of God” (Revelation 12:17).

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17).

“For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (verses 18-19)

Hebrews 13:8 states: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” Jesus followed ALL of the 10 Commandments and still continues to do so.

“Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city” (Revelation 22:14).

In fact.. all 10 of the Commandments are addressed in the New Testament.

First Commandment : Matthew 4:10; Luke 4:8; Revelation 14:7

Second Commandment: Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-20; Ephesians 5:5

Third Commandment : Matthew 5:33-37; 1 Timothy 6:1; James 2:7

Fourth Commandment: Luke 4:16; 23:55-56; Acts 17:1-2; 18:4; Hebrews 4:9; 1 John 2:6

Fifth Commandment : Matthew 15:4-9; 19:19; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; Ephesians 6:1-3

Sixth Commandment: Matthew 5:21-22; 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; 13:9

Seventh Commandment : Matthew 5:27-28; 19:18; Mark 10:11-12, 19; Luke 16:18; 18:20; Romans 7:2-3; 13:9

Eighth Commandment : Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:28; 1 Peter 4:15; Revelation 9:21

Ninth Commandment : Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Acts 5:3-4; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:25

10th Commandment : Luke 12:15; Romans 1:29; 7:7; 13:9; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:3, 5

The 10 Commandments are discussed more in the New Testament than the Old. You can find these in Exodus and Deuteronomy in OT, but you think I am some shrill who haven't read the Bible allow me to specifically point each one of them out to you.. some of which are in Romans, friend.

Let me also point out that Revelations of John has yet to be fulfilled, he even acknowledges these laws at the end time. I don't know about you, but I want to be called first. I didn't use to follow it because I was blind like you claim me to be. I have centered and humbled myself before God to seek forgiveness and my works henceforth is proof where my heart lay.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

And it is Paul who spoke the most about them and he spoke only of nine of them not one of them are for the church today, and the one God left out of all the inspiration Paul received that expound on the teaching of Jesus Christ, was to keep the Sabbath. They are not laws for the Gentile church under the gospel of the grace of God, but for all Israel as given to them by Moses at Mt Horeb just as it says in Malachi 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

you are reading someone else mail and applying it to yourself.

Learn to rightly Divide, not handle but Divide the word of truth not wrongly join it will lead you astray every time just as it has done with the cult of the Watchtower/AWARE/JW's.

There is one event before that of Israel in Revelation an that is the gathering of the body of Christ whether dead or alive unto Jesus in the clouds evermore to be with him.

1Th 4:16-18 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Let me ask this question, if they switch to the KJV Bible in Russian which they actually have the rights to publish....will you be just as happy if they ban that version of the bible too ?

Yeah, it's a very slippery slope these days when it comes to religious tolerance.......

edit on 20-8-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I beg to differ, Christian's still have a Sabbath. It's Sunday, thats when they all go out to church to praise God. However this didn't come in Pauls time but later down the road (300 or so years after his death) Paul encourages Gentiles and Jews both to worship to Sabbath because Lord of Sabbath is Jesus Christ.

Acts 13:13 (NKJV) Now when Paul and his party set sail from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia; and John, departing from them, returned to Jerusalem. Acts 13:14 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day and sat down. Acts 13:15 And after the reading of the Law and the Prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent to them, saying, "Men [and] brethren, if you have any word of exhortation for the people, say on."

Acts 13:42 So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

Acts 13:43 Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of Yahweh Acts 13:44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of Yahweh.

Acts 16:11 (NKJV) Therefore, sailing from Troas, we ran a straight course to Samothrace, and the next [day] came to Neapolis, Acts 16:12 and from there to Philippi, which is the foremost city of that part of Macedonia, a colony. And we were staying in that city for some days. Acts 16:13 And on the Sabbath day we went out of the city to the riverside, where prayer was customarily made; and we sat down and spoke to the women who met [there].

Acts 20:6 (NKJV) But we sailed away from Philippi after the Days of Unleavened Bread, and in five days joined them at Troas, where we stayed seven days. Acts 20:7 Now on the first [day] of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight.

Paul's ready to depart because it is Sunday, first day of week.

The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;.therefore the Christians for a long time together, did keep their conventions on the Sabbath, in which some portion of the Law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council." The Whole Works of Jeremey Taylor, Vol. IX, p416 (R. Heber's Edition, Vol.XII, p.416)

The ancient Christians were very careful in the observation of Saturday, or the seventh day..It is plain that all the Oriental churches, and the greatest part of the world, observed the Sabbath as a festival...Athanasius likewise tells us that they held religious assemblies on the Sabbath, not because they were infected with Judaism, but to worship [Yahushua], the [Master] of the Sabbath, Epiphanius says the same." Antiquities of the Christian Church, Vol. II, Book XX, chap. 3, Sec. 1, 66.1137, 1138

"Ambrose, the celebrated bishop of Milan, said that when he was in Milan he observed Saturday, but when in Rome observed Sunday. This gave rise to the proverb 'When you are in Rome, do as Rome does,' " Heylyn, The History of the Sabbath, 1613

"One the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits because it often happens that another day is not suitable for gain-sowing or vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost." - Constantine

Sunday has nothing to do with Jesus, but venerable day of the Sun. Do bare in mind this is the shift from Judaic Christian to Pagan Christian. Something that I think makes us all stumble. Where did Paul teach of a different day? I think it's confirmed like 80+ times all the Apostles spoke on the Sabbath to both JEWS and GENTILES.

Even see discouraged by fact Jews thought it was only a day for them.. please don't give me something that has nothing to do with Sabbath- I don't understand what you're getting at?

To stay on point, this is what I mean by JW. They don't believe in Holidays because it's Pagan. You see.. God didn't abolish THAT law but abolished a basic fundamental one like honnor Sabbath yet don't see that they worship him on a Pagan holiday. People love nit-picking what laws got abolished and what didn't and find themselves with hardly any evidence of it being abolished- it's some half skrewed text that has nothing to do with their point.
www.jw.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I have never heard of such nonsense. The Jewish sabbath don't even line up with our calendar week except on occasions. Anyone claiming to observe a sabbath on our secular calendar is either a member of a cult or doesn't understand who the Sabbath commandment is for. Hint: ISRAEL.

but just so you know that issue was dealt with along with foods

Romans 14:4-6 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

And let's not forget

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

For example, the actual anniversary day of the resurrection of our dear Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ this year actually fell on our secular calendars Thursday.

Learn to rightly divide the word of truth and no man shall lead you astray with their vain and worthless words as such as found n the NWT and others books that claim to be the Holy Bible. There is only one Version in English that is by God's own hand preserved for us as promised in Ps12:6,7. All others are not worth the paper and ink they are printed with and on.

Find it and you will have God's truth to hold in your hand.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Let no man judge you was a direct influence to the Gentiles because AGAIN it angered Jews that Gentiles worshipped on Saturday. NOT ONCE does he say Sunday is day of worship. There are times Gentiles are saying "hey, Paul, will you be here next Sabbath?" Why not just say "How's tomorrow sound?"

Paul implied that if his sermons uplifted to them (as he preached on the Sabbath) that they should "of the first day of the week" (Sunday) to gather up supplies to donate to the Church in Jerusalem because they're so poor. He is implying 1.) Worship on Sabbath 2.) Do not gather collections on that day, but the following. Maybe because working/gathering supplies is a sin?

1 Cor 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet

The Lord's Day? I wonder what that is...

Isa 66:23 (KJV) And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall ALL FLESH come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Not just the Jews, but ALL FLESH. And they did.. like 80+ times in acts alone.

"For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." Matthew 12:8

So if Sabbath is the Lord's day, it's for all flesh, we are to keep it holy, no one practiced this for 300years, and it ISN'T MENTIONED ONCE in the Bible. Paul mentioned circumcision but what about Gentiles having a separate holy day? None. In fact I can keep giving countless accounts.. you are giving me 2 things thats irrelevant and 1 passage you just quoted back at me.

I say your day is wrong, you say mine is. We both are doing the same thing. Again, where is proof that Gentiles do not worship on Sabbath? Before you misconstrue my text again, before you speak of how poor my theology, will you please show me the proof?

In fairness, I've presented countless amounts. I've not really seen anything come back saying "worship on Sunday"? or how I am wrong to walk like the Apostles did, to honor the commandments. You say "oh, that's too Jewish" as if we have a more common ancestor to Pagans than the Jews.

And friend, I know when Sabbath is. Don't confuse it with Passover and Sedars.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I guess you haven't figured it out. They were not using our current secular calendar back then. There was no Sunday or Saturday or all the other days in between. They only called them the seven days, the first to the seventh. The last day of the week was called the Sabbath, the Jewish counting was four seven day weeks per month. Their first month is about late March to early April in our secular calendar today. every seven years they add 1 month to the year to balance out the differences of the 365.4 day years we have today. They were far ahead of us when it came to the correct time the LORD established in Genesis 1

As to the mention of the Lord's day only once is it is the scriptures and it is in reference to the day of Jacob's trouble the seven years tribulation, the great day of the Lord, not the first day of the week.

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trump

So if you want to know the correct sabbath you need to follow the Jewish Calendar not our current secular one. This is the error of many like JW'S, Seventh Day Adventist, Mormons and other like minded cults.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
What was it about this bible that riled up the Orthodoxy?.

Their spiritual father doesn't like it because it's honest and truthful and exposes his (and their) game:

He is a liar! (part 1 of 2)

Religion is a Snare and a Racket

John 8:42-47 (NW)

42 Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to my word. 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began,* [Or “from the beginning.”] and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me? 47 The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God.”

Their spiritual father is OK with the koran and misleading bible translations, especially those that do the things pointed out in the videos numbered 44, 47, 49-51 in that playlist that I just linked.
edit on 20-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker
After reading the Book of Mary (Nag Hammadi Library found in 1945), it was easy for me to see the Bible in any version as a control mechanism of the worst and most offensive type. As a woman, I was pissed off for days after what I learned and I believe all women would be if they read this book, but that is a different rant.

So in other words it's safe to say that this book you read agitated your emotions?

AS MEANS of communicating have expanded—from printing to the telephone, radio, television, and the Internet—the flow of persuasive messages has dramatically accelerated. This communications revolution has led to information overload, as people are inundated by countless messages from every quarter. Many respond to this pressure by absorbing messages more quickly and accepting them without questioning or analyzing them.

The cunning propagandist loves such shortcuts—especially those that short-circuit rational thought. Propaganda encourages this by agitating the emotions, by exploiting insecurities, by capitalizing on the ambiguity of language, and by bending rules of logic. As history bears out, such tactics can prove all too effective.

Source: The Manipulation of Information: Awake!—2000

They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target.

The propagandist makes sure that his message appears to be the right and moral one and that it gives you a sense of importance and belonging if you follow it. You are one of the smart ones, you are not alone, you are comfortable and secure—so they say.

Source: see link in my signature

Details:

Apocryphal Gospels—Hidden Truths About Jesus?
Why You Can Trust the Biblical Gospels
Canon: Insight, Volume 1
Apocrypha: Insight, Volume 1
Similar Material

Or if you don't like reading:

edit on 20-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join