It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is a monster!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
(Edit #2: ... But I don't mean it in a bad way)

He is a Frankenstein's monster... on a couple different levels...

One level, a metaphor: The Monster, even though he was like a child himself, accidentally killed a little girl, and the mob "took care" of him... (edit for clarification: my feelings are sympathetic and empathetic...)

But another interesting level: The monster is made up of parts, put together... Trump is a Frankenstein made up of Smaug; George Jefferson; Rodney Dangerfield; throw in some Abe Lincoln, and a heaping helping of Sheldon Cooper... (edit: with the exception of Smaug, the other guys are likeable, I think, but I also understand how people don't like them...)

What do you guys think? Can you see why I say so? Who would you say he is made up of?

My admission: I patriotically and entertainingly like Trump, but I've recently developed a bit of faith, which nullifies a number of my patriotic political beliefs, and minimizes the joy I get from believing I'm right, so this'll probably be the last thread I do about Mr. T., but I feel like I can understand him... like feel I can understand those other characters I listed... And I do not believe Trump is truly hateful.

I have to end with a disclaimer: Hopefully it's obvious that this thread is just me BSing, hence the forum. Much love, either genuine, or manufactured, for everyone, no matter your beliefs. I pray for comfort for all...
edit on 8/19/2017 by japhrimu because: Parentheticals

edit on 8/19/2017 by japhrimu because: Edit #2

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
He reminds me more of a mobster than a monster.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh-so-Cool

A political bait topic in the general chit chat forum.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

What I like about Trump is what you see is what you get.

What I don't like about Trump is what you see is what you get.

He has the ideas right, but he is eye deep in the swamp sh!t. The swamp assumes he is going to bend and do as the last presidents have done since the 1960's.

They are wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
Trump is a Frankenstein made up of Smaug; George Jefferson; Rodney Dangerfield; throw in some Abe Lincoln, and a heaping helping of Sheldon Cooper...

Oh my word, that cracked me up.

The casual inclusion of a fantasy dragon is probably what did it for me.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
X, I think you misunderstand... (btw, nice to talk to you. Don't think I've ever had the honor... I'm a fan.).

This is meant to be light hearted... the title, meant to get attention, yes, but only cause I want a non-serious-ish discussion, and I need people to talk to to do that...

I think familiarity and understanding are good and productive for stamping out hate... for instance, I'll tell you why I said the things I said... I think they're positives... just ask...

reply to: xuenchen

edit on 8/19/2017 by japhrimu because: Grammar and a couple additions

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if there should be spoiler alerts, or parental guidance warnings or trigger alerts ? Were this a face book page there would be a patrillion screaming meemee's in protest, while the level heads watched in amazement and unfriended the louts. There are those however who like President Trump, over half the population as a matter of fact. Some have likened him to a messiah rather than a monster. It's all where your head is.

PS. I wonder what Phage thinks..... where is he ........?
edit on 19-8-2017 by Plotus because: I like editing

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

What I like about Trump is what you see is what you get.

I'd love to know how you came to that conclusion!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yeah, he's a monster.

Like the one that lives under your bed.

And comes out at night when you're asleep.

And tickles your feet and threatens to eat you.

Yeah, just like that monster.

In other words, he's a monster in your head.

Hey, I don't think that Trump is any kind of a savior. Honestly, I like the guy more for entertainment value than anything else, though I do believe that he was (and continues to be) the best choice in a field of crappy choices. (Doesn't say much for the leadership potential of the republic, does it?)

And, being a person of faith myself, it makes me sick to see how the evangelical community in the US has thrown it's unqualified support behind him; but, then, I would feel that way about any political candidate.

But to say he's a MONSTER - particularly any more of a monster than any of the other monsters creeping around the dark edges of the US political landscape ... I agree with xuenchen; that's just baiting.

They're all monsters, the whole damned lot of 'em!
edit on 2017 8 19 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Trump is an actor and a pretty good one at that.

His role convinced his supporters.
edit on 19-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

He is brash, pig headed and unapologetic.

Very few in politics are as real, like it or not, as he is. And the system does not like an anomaly like Trump.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think people are missing the point of the thread... that's ok... general chit chat, as far as I'm concerned, which is what I was looking for.

More thread drift: It seems like people think I'm trashing the Prez... is it cause of the title? (that's understandable, if you don't read what I wrote, which I knew I was risking.) the "first level,"part; the second level?" part? Or am I missing something else?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Ok... it's the Monster moniker... got it... totally understandable...

(I could be wrong cause I don't think I've read the book or seen the movie, but the point of F's Monster, I thought, is that he wasn't actually a monster (except the reanimated corpses part)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well then.... you could say he's made up of Steven Segal, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Steve Martin John Belushi, Gilda Radner and a touch of Monty Python....

Did I just say that ?

edit on 19-8-2017 by Plotus because: really just wanted to edit. I love editing.... no really.

edit on 19-8-2017 by Plotus because: euphoria I guess

edit on 19-8-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think OP means that Trump had good intentions but was misunderstood and ill-fated. Frankenstein's monster was too big and scary-looking to be accepted by the villagers, he wanted to do kind things but ended up hurting the people he tried to help, and then he lashed out and grew resentful when things went wrong.

From Wikipedia:

According to the scholar Joseph Carroll, the monster occupies "a border territory between the characteristics that typically define protagonists and antagonists".

The second point is kind of clever too. Sheldon Cooper never would have occurred me, but there's something to it, the self confidence.

And now OP is being misunderstood as well, much like Frankenstein! It is irony.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Thank you!!!... while everything else watered it down, the Sheldon Cooper thing was the true genesis of my thread... I just know that Trump is like no one other person, and vice versa, so I tried to be more accurate by being more vague.

I'd say that confidence aspect is just the beginning...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

Ok... it's the Monster moniker... got it... totally understandable...

(I could be wrong cause I don't think I've read the book or seen the movie, but the point of F's Monster, I thought, is that he wasn't actually a monster (except the reanimated corpses part)

Gotcha. I guess the MONSTER thing in the title did push a button. Re-reading what you said, I can say that in principle I agree with much of what you said, but I just tired of the unqualified attacks on him, like he's worse than anybody else.

Peace, japhrimu.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Yep... I'll live and try learning... I won't make that "mistake" again. I appreciate your input (thumbs up)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Thread's first line edited to:

(Edit #2: ... But I don't mean it in a bad way.)

Too little too late, probably, but oh well. (Shrugs)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I don't know who that is, I don't follow Twitter™...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join