It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the left ignore Science???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

A woman was never a choice for me. So no. Sorry. I was born straight.
I have gay friends who were never attracted to the opposite sex.
Straight wasn't a choice for me. I was born this way.
Gay wasn't a choice for them. It's how their hearts were from the first. Because you do know that those relationships aren't based entirely on sex right?
There are feelings of love and devotion and companionship. Just like any other couple.
Time to open your eyes and heart and accept all of God's children.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am farther right than I like to admit to myself, but life goes on.

As I matured, my worldview changed and I experienced things outside the hellhole that is Detroit. I became aware of a simple question I have to ask myself when ever a topic comes up for discussion/debate.

Why/how does this effect me?

So what if there are 100 genders. YOU have ONE and look for it's match appropriately. How does it effect you/me if a person was born "gender A" and identifies as "gender J"? Would your workday change? Would you or your family be less safe? Does it somehow reduce the amount of "right gender" people in the world? Why does it matter what someone else does?

Regardless of the arguments of science, or emotion, or political pandering, or creation, or sin, or even the asinine "closet homosexual" remarks.

Why does it matter to you?

You do not pay for the sin of others, it is not even you place to judge. Unless you are being sexually harassed by someone of a non-aligned gender/sexuality, then their life choices don't and shouldn't play a part in your life. People go out of their way to tell others how to live while shouting "you can't make me!". It's beyond ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Genetic means you were born that way.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The left seems to pick and choose the science that they want to believe in more than the right. If it matches their beliefs they jump at it and if it does not match their beliefs they ignore it or call it pseudoscience or say it is the concoction of a corporation. A lot of what corporations researched is correct, you cannot discount science all the time just because someone profits by it. A lot of what is thought to be real is made up by prestigious people and there is not relevant evidence to back it. A lot of what we think of as real is twisted interpretation to fit belief.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Fan the flames troll. Fan. The. Flames.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Just yesterday, I was commenting to myself "gee, at least the fundies are too busy rationalizing white nationalism to focus on their usual targets"

Lol. Right on queue.

And if you're wanting to actually pay attention to science, actually look at data and facts, not low-info click-bait blogs or preconceived data analysis from phobic, outdated doctors like John McHugh.

For the scientific and medical consensus on any subject, go to the source. WPATH, for instance. Before they were founded, there were no standards, protocol, or consensus on the subject. They are the source for the most well-documented evidence-based information on the subject. But I'm sure you'll just call it "biased" because, you know... it's not on American Christian Patriot Today or something. Just quit pretending you care about facts when you dismiss the most reliable and agreed-upon data that exists.

Your hate (oh I know, it's not really hate, right?) comes from the very indoctrination you feel you see in the world. You have been trained through media to think of transsexuals and transvestites interchangeably (totally different things), that gender dysphoria is a new thing (it's been around for a loooooooong time), and that "tranny" humor in nearly every film (the guy in a dress trope, transwoman "tricking" men, or the clinging to fragile masculinity in a show of disgust towards them) up until recently gets to excuse you of your ignorance.

Typical liberal whack job argument. The problem is you tie my views to my religion, however it doesn't work. I was an Atheist for 35 years and held all of these views during that time (except the Jesus stuff). Gay Marriage was still absurd.

No Gender Dysphoria if fairly new, it used to be called Gender Identity Disorder... but hey it is still classified as a mental disorder either way. Which supports my position, so not sure why you brought that up.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: StandingTallForChrist

originally posted by: jtma508

OH an by the way, there are only TWO GENDERS. MALE and FEMALE. That SCIENCE was settled LONG ago.

And there, grasshopper, is where you are wrong. Genetically, although rare, there in fact ARE other genders besides your everything-is-Adam-and-Eve XX and XY blue-and-pink world.

No sir. There may be genetic defects, but the need to create NEW Genders is utter nonsense.

You believe people are "BORN" Gay right?

Except those pesky college kids who "experiment" on a friday night... where to put those people...

OH WAIT, Sexual attraction is a CHOICE. That's where we put it.

You know this from all of your "temporary" gay experiences?

Obviously.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

A woman was never a choice for me. So no. Sorry. I was born straight.
I have gay friends who were never attracted to the opposite sex.
Straight wasn't a choice for me. I was born this way.
Gay wasn't a choice for them. It's how their hearts were from the first. Because you do know that those relationships aren't based entirely on sex right?
There are feelings of love and devotion and companionship. Just like any other couple.
Time to open your eyes and heart and accept all of God's children.

Sex is important, because it is that action that will get you thrown in jail... you can LOVE feet and children and human feces all day, but bring sex in... and now the problems begin.

I LOVE many men in my life, my brother, my father, many friends... but if I lust after them sexually thats a BIG PROBLEM!

But the Bible teaches we are all BORN SINNERS and have to make the right CHOICES>

So YES you could be BORN with Homosexual Attraction, which is a sin. Whether you act that out is up to you.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

ALL sexual activity outside the Godly marriage bed is IMMORAL.

So all I have to do is buy a "godly marriage bed" and I can bork chickens?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
troll

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
I am farther right than I like to admit to myself, but life goes on.

As I matured, my worldview changed and I experienced things outside the hellhole that is Detroit. I became aware of a simple question I have to ask myself when ever a topic comes up for discussion/debate.

Why/how does this effect me?

So what if there are 100 genders. YOU have ONE and look for it's match appropriately. How does it effect you/me if a person was born "gender A" and identifies as "gender J"? Would your workday change? Would you or your family be less safe? Does it somehow reduce the amount of "right gender" people in the world? Why does it matter what someone else does?

Regardless of the arguments of science, or emotion, or political pandering, or creation, or sin, or even the asinine "closet homosexual" remarks.

Why does it matter to you?

You do not pay for the sin of others, it is not even you place to judge. Unless you are being sexually harassed by someone of a non-aligned gender/sexuality, then their life choices don't and shouldn't play a part in your life. People go out of their way to tell others how to live while shouting "you can't make me!". It's beyond ludicrous.

This is a common, bury your head in the sand, argument. Which I completely disagree with.
Let's use your logic on the pro-life debate. All the Christians sat by and let Rowe Vs. Wade get passed into law.
Now we have 10s of millions of dead children all because their parents got drunk on a friday night and had a license to kill.

What does it matter? How does it affect me?

Silly questions in that forum huh?

Why should I care if ANYONE suffers or dies?

Here is the answer, God told us what is right and wrong. Man's laws can never supersede God's Law... if they do, we should fight back politically.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Which is why the Bible is correct... ALL sexual activity outside the Godly marriage bed is IMMORAL.

Definitely a good guideline.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

90% right-wingers believes the earth is flat.

Dumbsh##

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Jesus is God.

Not to get of topic on gender.
But Just out of curiosity why is he often referred to as the son of God?
If he is God would he not be called God Incarnate instead of the Son of God?
Yet he is more often called the Son of God implying that he is God's child or offspring.
It seems like calling him God would be the same as me Calling myself my dad which I am not.

Just curious as to what your theological view is even you must be well aware that in the realm of christian thought there are many different theological views.

edit on 19-8-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Jesus is God.

Not to get of topic on gender.
But Just out of curiosity why is he often referred to as the son of God?
If he is God would he not be called God Incarnate instead of the Son of God?
Yet he is more often called the Son of God implying that he is God's child or offspring.
It seems like calling him God would be the same as me Calling myself my dad which I am not.

Just curious as to what your theological view is even you must be well aware that in the realm of christian thought their are many different theological views.

Oh man. Now you're going to get this clown giving his perspective on the Holy Trinity.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Just yesterday, I was commenting to myself "gee, at least the fundies are too busy rationalizing white nationalism to focus on their usual targets"

Lol. Right on queue.

And if you're wanting to actually pay attention to science, actually look at data and facts, not low-info click-bait blogs or preconceived data analysis from phobic, outdated doctors like John McHugh.

For the scientific and medical consensus on any subject, go to the source. WPATH, for instance. Before they were founded, there were no standards, protocol, or consensus on the subject. They are the source for the most well-documented evidence-based information on the subject. But I'm sure you'll just call it "biased" because, you know... it's not on American Christian Patriot Today or something. Just quit pretending you care about facts when you dismiss the most reliable and agreed-upon data that exists.

Your hate (oh I know, it's not really hate, right?) comes from the very indoctrination you feel you see in the world. You have been trained through media to think of transsexuals and transvestites interchangeably (totally different things), that gender dysphoria is a new thing (it's been around for a loooooooong time), and that "tranny" humor in nearly every film (the guy in a dress trope, transwoman "tricking" men, or the clinging to fragile masculinity in a show of disgust towards them) up until recently gets to excuse you of your ignorance.

Typical liberal whack job argument. The problem is you tie my views to my religion, however it doesn't work. I was an Atheist for 35 years and held all of these views during that time (except the Jesus stuff). Gay Marriage was still absurd.

No Gender Dysphoria if fairly new, it used to be called Gender Identity Disorder... but hey it is still classified as a mental disorder either way. Which supports my position, so not sure why you brought that up.

Of course the term "gender dysphoria" hasn't stayed the same throughout millennia but it's always been a documented phenomenon.

And "mental disorder" isn't a label you can just slap on something so you can dismiss it. Basic depression and anxiety are also mental disorders. They have physical components to their pathology just like gender dysphoria. So the stigma attached to "mental disorder" is just that; a stigma. It doesn't mean there is not a biological cause.

And the reason you see many scientific publications reclassifying gender dysphoria is because the physical pathology is becoming more pronounced as neuroscience and general medical science (in the womb, out of the womb, and postmortem) discovers more and more biological causes.

So yes, gender dysphoria is a "defect". Nobody is really arguing that. But it has an effective treatment (queue some troll pulling out the debunked "Swedish study") which has been proven effective where therapy alone has not. Your discomfort with that treatment is your issue, not the issue of those suffering from it.

And stop conflating medical issues with the liberal agenda. Yes, annoying liberals do push the gender thing in ways that are contradictory to science and even other liberals. But those that do, while well-meaning, are often every bit as in the dark as you are on the subject. You are no better than they, politicizing and conflating science with agenda. Separate the two long enough to learn about it and then go back to bashing liberals. Just keep folks with gender dysphoria (many of whom are conservative) out of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

Oh man. Now you're going to get this clown giving his perspective on the Holy Trinity.

Yeah seeing as to how this thread is going maybe getting into the nuances of theology and belief was not my best choice.

que sera sera.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Amen brother... DOH! He needs to get back to his brothers and sisters at the Westboro Baptist Church and spread that Christianity around. Just goes to prove Islamic Extremists don't have a monopoly on close-minded, selectively interpreted theology. Comes in all demographics. You can call yourself anything you want...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You've heard that a million times right, how the right ignores science, especially if they believe in God???

Yet those same people... who love to hold up science completely IGNORE it when it comes to social identity politics.

For example this ridiculous notion that you can CHOOSE your Gender but are FORCED into a sexual choice at birth...

WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL IS GOING ON in this country???

OH an by the way, there are only TWO GENDERS. MALE and FEMALE. That SCIENCE was settled LONG ago.

Nothing beats a bronze-age book of middle eastern folks tales as the final arbiter of what is and is not science...I always say!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What science? "social identity politics" is not science, it's politics. And it is not necessarily about gender.
I am too left for this maybe.... Haha

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join