It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE COVERAGE: Boston Free Speech Rally & Protests

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm just getting caught up but who is promoting the free speech rally and who is opposing said free speech rally?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Really.

What gives the antis the 'right' to define what speech is acceptable and what speech isn't ?

There is no power granted to them to do that by the US constitution and Bill of Rights.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Grambler

I said one time you were a censor because you were applauding an anti free speech protest.

It was an anti hate protest. Cut your crap.

Then why was every single trump supporter that the crod meant surrounded attacked and shoved out?

Simple, because Trump is hate. He has become the universal American symbol for hatred.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

If it's universal, then how does he still have support?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I'm just getting caught up but who is promoting the free speech rally and who is opposing said free speech rally?

Take a wild guess.

link   

So called nazis that weren't nazis tried to hold a free speech rally (Drudge has the article)

The anti's showed up and did their usual bullsnip.

Read the associated press article that publicly distanced themselves from it.

Were there and it was pretty much a no show ,and the stragglers left around 1:00.

Everything that happened afterwards was ALL anti's.

hosted.ap.org...

"Free Speech Rally" organizers have publicly distanced themselves from the white supremacists in Charlottesville on Aug. 12.

1:45 p.m. One of the planned speakers of a conservative activist rally that appeared to end shortly after it began says the event "fell apart."

edit on 19-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Racism and bigotry should be banned ideologies.

Anything else you want to ban?

Well I would say rape, & murder but they are already banned.

Fair enough.

You just want thought police then.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

See that question isnt even valid from the start.

It wasnt a "free speech rally"

Thats what they called it, but we both know thats lipstick on a pig. They distastefully used that title to hide their true intentions.

It was a white supremacist rally.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Grambler

Oh ffs quit the intellectual dishonesty and absurdly forcing a need to denounce every salty word. Violence is not okay, that includes intimidation.

The Free Speech thing is a cover and you know it.

Unbelievable.

No whats unbelievable is racists and bigots using "freedom of speech" to hide and protect their "right" to rally for the oppression of others, and the suppression of their rights .

You have the freedom to speak anything you would like in this country...

EXCEPT the impairment of OTHERS freedoms.

Racism and bigotry should be banned ideologies.

We already have increased sentences for hate crimes, that is a step in the right direction.

See I want you to have free speech. Please keep talking.

At least your honest about wanting to end free speech.

Did you see that image I posted?

"As paradoxical as it may seem.. Defending tolerance requires to not tolerate the intolerant"

I would really like to know your thoughts on that

Did you really just say that?

Damn, has our educational system been destroyed!

You should probably go and have a look at the image.

I am currently googling the big ass spiders you guys have in Australia. But I will get around to it eventually.

I'm looking at a hand-sized Huntsman sitting up in the corner of the room as we speak. His name is Bob. Bob eats all the nastier spiders that may make their way inside. Bob is awesome.

My shotgun would make short work of that monster!

Not gonna lie, spiders are my kryptonite.

Huntsmans are one of the few non-venomous spiders we have. They'll still give you a nip, and it apparently hurts, but it's just from the sharp fangs not the venom.

They really are natures bug spray though. Many of us Aussies tolerate them because they leave us alone and hunt down and eat venomous spiders and insects like Redbacks and even Funnel Webs. Even those who don't like spiders tend to not kill Huntsmans, rather they get a broom, get the bugger onto it (which is a pain in the ass because they run like cheetahs) then take him outside to the garden.

They are also famous for hiding on top of the sun visor in your car and running out onto the dashboard while your traveling at 100km/h on the highway lol.

Anyhow, just a little info on Aussie spiders for you.

Been scared snipless of spiders my whole life. Once I can identify them, I am okay, but there are just too damn many! Snakes? I'm good. Easy to identify and not near as many different species as spiders.

You Aussies and your spiders? You can keep em!

Living in Australia you kind of have to become desensitized to the fact your surrounded by venomous snakes and spiders otherwise you'd spend your life paralyzed with fear. We all learn poison related first aid in primary school, and hospitals are always stocked with antivenoms. We are well prepared if we do get bitten.

Having said that, if you take proper, simple precautions such as not leaving your shoes outside, checking rocks and logs before you roll them over, that kind of thing, it is rare to get bitten. I'm 38 and haven't been bitten by anything yet

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Damnit. Was really hoping these idiots would have dispersed by now. If they were there to protest the free speech rally, and it is over, why the heck are they still there?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Thats what they called it, but we both know thats lipstick on a pig. They distastefully used that title to hide their true intentions.

So you are a psychic?

What's the next winning power ball numbers?
edit on 19-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

What tripe.

I have watched all day.

Show some evidence or

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

really, it was a white supremacist rally? And you can prove this?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Damnit. Was really hoping these idiots would have dispersed by now. If they were there to protest the free speech rally, and it is over, why the heck are they still there?

Waiting on their mom or Goober to pick them up.

link   

And you think they should be silenced, right?

link   

originally posted by: abago71
a reply to: Kali74
Preserving European culture?
When did that come into play?

Apparently the people there for free speech were lying and were talking about european culture.

Even the several black guys that were attacked for defending trump.

I have yet to see any proof of this, but Kali just knows it.

Don't worry though, i am sure she is going to post that evidence any second.

So...against European culture...you mean like ISIS?

link   
a reply to: Kryties

I'll just confirm that the huntsman bite is pretty bloody nasty....very little venom but hurt like a b*stard...plus I nearly shat my jocks.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think it's very telling that the tensions seemed to escalate after the free speech rally was over. These numbnuts are only provoking themselves and the police at this point. Police scanner mentioned grabbing gas masks.
edit on 19-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: gremlins hate free speech

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I'm just going by the title of the sourced video.

It says "Free Speech Rally and Protest"

Reasonable and absurd have switched sides.

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join