It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE COVERAGE: Boston Free Speech Rally & Protests

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This guy is talking about "starting a conversation"

When minutes earlier the woman in his group was bragging that the drove away all of the people there for the rally.

They do not want a conversation, they want a monlogue where none can dissent.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Kryties

I don't think it's the smartest thing in the world to be attacking cops, not in this instance at least.

In what instance would it be okay?

Thats a subject for another thread isn't it?

I'd certainly fight a North Korean cop if he tried to arrest me as just one example.

link   
The chanting, which serves to numb thought more than accelerate it, reminds me of this passage from Orwell's Coming Up For Air:

You know the line of talk. These chaps can churn it out by the hour. Just like a gramophone. Turn the handle, press the button, and it starts. Democracy, Fascism, Democracy. But somehow it interested me to watch him. A rather mean little man, with a white face and a bald head, standing on a platform, shooting out slogans. What’s he doing? Quite deliberately, and quite openly, he’s stirring up hatred. Doing his damnedest to make you hate certain foreigners called Fascists. It’s a queer thing, I thought, to be known as ‘Mr So-and-so, the well-known anti-Fascist’. A queer trade, anti-Fascism. This fellow, I suppose, makes his living by writing books against Hitler. But what did he do before Hitler came along? And what’ll he do if Hitler ever disappears? Same question applies to doctors, detectives, rat-catchers, and so forth, of course. But the grating voice went on and on, and another thought struck me. He means it. Not faking at all—feels every word he’s saying. He’s trying to work up hatred in the audience, but that’s nothing to the hatred he feels himself. Every slogan’s gospel truth to him. If you cut him open all you’d find inside would be Democracy-Fascism-Democracy. Interesting to know a chap like that in private life. But does he have a private life? Or does he only go round from platform to platform, working up hatred? Perhaps even his dreams are slogans.

[Emphasis mine]

edit on 19-8-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe there is hope for our country.

There's no hope for us.

One giant crap sandwhich has been made and everyone is being forced to take a bite out of it.

Because the sad fact is the majority of Americans are mentally imbalanced.

And they are.

When politics gets this many people worked up, and act like barbarians.

We as a nation.

We as a people.

Are lost.

link   
Actual dialogue???

link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: IAMTAT

I do. yoshi says hi!

Miss my pug, Zack.
Best dog I've ever owned.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Youre going extinct???? what the f rhetoric is this

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

a reply to: IAMTAT

I do. yoshi says hi!

Miss my pug, Zack.
Best dog I've ever owned.

Its a different kind of bond isnt it? Yoshi is 14.. I hope he and zack meet one day beyond the rainbow!

link   
White people are going to go extinct says this guy.

Bet Richard spencer loves this; what better way to drive people to their disgusting cause.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
People applauding cops on Fox News now.

Maybe there is hope for our country.

I firmly believe there is hope, but a lot of it rides on how the right handles this too. So much hinged on the right responding in kind, and that hasn't necessarily happened.

As far as I understand it, the plan was to first implement certain programming in the left and then slowly radicalize. At least, slowly enough that the manipulated elements wouldnt realize it. Something must have thrown a wrench in that, as there seems to have been a roughly overnight escalation.

That abrupt change will, ideally, drive many people away. If it had happened with more subtlety and over more time though...

Hopefully, it will eventually no longer be considered heresy to be willing to live alongside others of vastly differing views in peace and equinimity. Without the zealous need to convert the 'non-believers' and eradicate the rest.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Why are they wearing masks?
They aren't planning to be violent, right?

Jeffery has a cold and he doesn't want anyone else to get it.

link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Kryties

I don't think it's the smartest thing in the world to be attacking cops, not in this instance at least.

In what instance would it be okay?

Thats a subject for another thread isn't it?

I'd certainly fight a North Korean cop if he tried to arrest me as just one example.

You brought it up.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Some nerve suggesting "white people need to start listening" when they are protesting free speech.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
One positive aspect of the NAZI/KKK/white nationalist rallies, is that it brings races together to confront the common enemy of hatred and racism.

This is my favorite part of the whole thing. The masses protesting Trump, the white nationalists, fascism, and the neo nazis... are a cultural melting pot. Theres whute, black, asian, and hispanic people all working together to protest and fight the bigotry. I love it.

The racists are.. in a way defeating themselves.. as it's bringing everyone together to combat their rascism

link   

And that whole group sits their nodding and agreeing.

Sick.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
White people are going to go extinct says this guy.

Bet Richard spencer loves this; what better way to drive people to their disgusting cause.

Even Chomsky recently noted that fringe elements of the left are a gift to the radical right.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: olaru12
One positive aspect of the NAZI/KKK/white nationalist rallies, is that it brings races together to confront the common enemy of hatred and racism.

This is my favorite part of the whole thing. The masses protesting Trump, the white nationalists, fascism, and the neo nazis... are a cultural melting pot. Theres whute, black, asian, and hispanic people all working together to protest and fight the bigotry. I love it.

The racists are.. in a way defeating themselves.. as it's bringing everyone together to combat their rascism

Hate speech is cool if you have different colors?

Wow.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm not interested in victim shaming. I'm trying to show how we're all being manipulated. I've tracked some video from when that dumpster picture was taken. As you can see, it wasn't 4 vs 50 or anything. This was two opposing groups lined up against one another. It was actually the guy in the red shirt who grabs the dumpster first. (I'm not implying that he deserved to be hit with a bike lock in the head, just showing that he was in fact a participant in the violent clashes, not a bystander)

Here's a video (at 1:30) from the point where the picture of "Based Stickman" Chapman, Damigo, etc was taken. As you can see, this wasn't them just hanging out either. This has been an ongoing coalition. Or at least it was. Now McInnes is cracking down, at least publicly.

Interesting to note, right before that you'll see Brittany Pettibone speaking. Later on there's some violent clashes, flag burning, etc.

Now keep in mind who was listed as the speakers at today's "Free Speech rally." These aren't smears. When "Based Stickman" hits people in the head with sticks, he's celebrated:

At 00:34, you can see him get tired of waiting for violence:

Ironically, you can see "bike lock guy" 5 seconds later swing his bike lock. All I'm saying to you is that we've been getting only one part of the story and that while bike lock guy is universally denounced (rightly), "Based Stickman" is made into a celebrity who gets speaking engagements like this one at today's rally. How does that make sense?

BTW, he might be spending some (more) time in jail soon. He was arrested and charged for his leaded stick. I don't know if we want to argue about a leaded stick vs a bike lock, but to me, these two assholes are both violent hooligans. I don't understand why one of them, the one who we can see fighting alongside violent neo-Nazis, is the "good guy?"

Aside from engaging in and promoting violence (I've got videos of him threatening to bring the violence — "we're coming c**ksuckers" — to all sorts of towns, including Boston), his past history doesn't comport well with somebody who should be an icon of a group claiming support for law and order. Details about his prior convictions at TSG.

Here you can see Gavin McInnes whining the month before Berkeley that they're being "unfairly" lumped in with Nazis. You've now seen some of his Proud Boys, including the one he's gushing praise over, fighting alongside them. Gavin McInnes is a liar and a chicken hawk and I'll stand by that with no hesitation. If he wasn't, he would have already kicked Kyle Chapman to the curb like he did some others who have been caught up associating/fighting alongside neo-Nazis. But he won't because "Based Stickman" has too much propaganda appeal and is too useful for recruitment. Meanwhile, he's pushing nonsense about how the people on the "other side" are Antifa that have... wait for it... $13 Billion in funding from George Soros. Do you honestly believe that? I don't think you do and you know from looking with your own eyes that Gavin McInnes is full of #.

Anyway, I've got work to do today. I'll keep checking on the feeds but it's been pretty peaceful today thankfully. Hopefully it stays that way.

edit on 2017-8-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

As long as we have cousins to f*ck, we won't go extinct.

Or that's what that dude was saying.

It was all very profound.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox
Do you see any Russians in the mix?

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join