It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

really sucks when the landlord sells the house youre living in

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You know, that's actually not a bad suggestion!

Maybe talk to the landlord and see if they'd be willing to sell the house to TST and hold the paper themselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Settled is nice.
I bought my house in 1991. It's all paid for so we don't even pay rent anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

....I know not many like face book

This will come as a surprise to Mark Zukerberg.
LOL

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Meldionne1

....I know not many like face book

This will come as a surprise to Mark Zukerberg.
LOL

LOL....that's funny !....I guess I should have rephrased that and said many people on this site ...ATS ...don't like Facebook.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
There is the possibility that the new owner may want to keep it as a rental, and you are already there so it's guaranteed instant income. A lot of people are buying rental property's right now because rent pricings are up. ...if that happens, they may just re-rent to you .

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Well, it really will suck if you live in a cold part of the country. I moved in December last year and the weather was not the best. I live in So Cali, but it was rainy and chilly.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We had a landlord sell a house while we lived in it, the house was too small, we did not buy it even though the price was decent. So we went out shopping and bought a house and moved out just before the new people wanted to get in. That took about a month and a half. It was a rush to get moved into the other house, everything had been shut down for a couple of years.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
We went through this when we lived in Portland. We rented a house for little over a year and then we were notified the house was to be sold and we have 30 days to get out. It absolutely sucks moving a family of 5. The real estate scene in Portland is ridiculous and were afraid we wouldn't find a comparable house in the same school district on such a short notice. One popped up half mile away and we signed a contract practically sight unseen.

Alas, we never sold our house back in Michigan and the financial strain became too much. We moved back to Ohio robe near family and just recently moved back to Michigan.

For those keeping score, that's four moves in two years. Moving SUUUUUUUUCKS!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This has happened to me thrice- the first time I was in college and wound up homeless... I kept up with my studies for as long as I could, but the impact of the sudden upheaval to my living situation ended up being too much and I eventually dropped out.

Second time was about 2 years after the first time, but I was within Seattle City limits and landlord (reluctantly) had to pay me a relocation fee (mandated by law due to the situation), and I was able to get a larger, better place, but in a worse neighborhood. He had been renting out 3 units in a neighborhood where the zoning codes restricted occupancy to 2 families max. Make sure you check your local housing resources to find out if you can receive any assistance!

Third time was in the larger, better place. I wasn't forced to move (unless I chose to do so), but I had to deal with inspectors, appraisers, prospective buyers, and other random people showing up without notice, peering in my windows, asking to look around without an invitation or giving me notice, etc. I value my privacy, and at the time I had severe health problems, so this was an absolute nightmare for me. And, to top it off, the landlord (seller) raised the rent/utility to increase the income value of the rental units. My rent doubled over the course of just a couple of years and is still rising!

I'm still in the larger, better place- but not because I want to be here, just can't afford to move, and can't really afford to stay, though, either. The new landlord is great, my neighbors are OK, it's just a struggle to keep up with the bills with so much of my income going towards keeping a roof over my head.

I want to have my own piece of property, someday, but will most likely have to move away from Seattle to ever possibly afford this... Have you thought about relocating???

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
my old cool landlord sold our buidling. for 10 years i would go on my roof and draw and write. new landlords saw me, and forbid it. im trying my best to move asap.

i wish i had the downpayment for a place to buy, because a mortgage is the same cost as renting or cheaper.

in 2-3 years i plan to buy my own building. but i talked to my friend who worked on loans, and my income has to be bumped up at least 10k before i can get the loan, and 2 more years of that raised income.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Maybe it's time to think about buying??? Like buy the house your landlord is selling?

That's exactly what my comment was going to be.

@TST - If you really like the house that much, talk with your landlord about the options of buying the house for yourself. If you are on good standing with them, I'm sure a deal can be worked out. Maybe something like renting until you can save up for the down payment on a loan. It's a win/win all around if you can work out a deal. Wish you the best luck

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: SR1TX

Financing is much cheaper than renting.

Said everybody that never owned a house.

Had to lol at this!

Sold my house a few months ago, renting now.

Renting SUCKS. Owning a home cost more month to month, but after selling it my average cost of living per month over the 7+ years I lived there was less than 30% what I'm paying now, if you count what I got back from the sale.

Won't get back squat when I leave here. Can't wait to own property again.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: SR1TX

Financing is much cheaper than renting.

Said everybody that never owned a house.

I own a house. Financing is much cheaper. Smaller houses with a similar floor plan to mine are renting for about 70% more than what I am paying to own. That's including taxes and insurance as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Renting SUCKS. Owning a home cost more month to month, but after selling it my average cost of living per month over the 7+ years I lived there was less than 30% what I'm paying now, if you count what I got back from the sale.

Won't get back squat when I leave here. Can't wait to own property again.

I had a 1600sqft 3br 2ba house in the suburb. I am now living in the city where housing is about 50% higher in a 2000sqft 4br 3ba house and I am still paying less than 1400sqft houses renting in my old neighborhood. And I am now in the city (sort of), not a suburb.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join