It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mc Massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Some posts have no real direction to them. They are made in an offhand style, just to flush out any value.

Related to domestic terrorism and the whole J T T F mindset these days.

Who remembers back when domestic terrorism meant a fast-food shooting spree?

www.nydailynews.com...

www.nydailynews.com/news/remembering-1984-mcdonald-massacre-gallery

It was weird, and it was reported on the open...a "stand off" situation.

This was SOP in the 1970's and 1980's

Imma reread it for content. I just wanted to throw it out for the historical pictures gallery, this forum being a good choice.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

I read some of them.

So what is ur point? Am I missing something? Don't go to McDonald's in 1980? OK, I won't.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

this is great. Not the issue but rather the rawness of the reporting back then. I think if Newcorps showed the real consequences of violence then it might slow down those "people" who are quick to throw stones (or whatever).

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Plus the events of the day like this were shown one day , and then the banter stopped. And it made the news and papers locally for the most part. And it was news . Raw news .No personal interjections at all .Now , the media glorifies it by showing it 24x7 for days on end . And they all have to put their "personal spin" on everything.

If you want to single out the one major cause of events today , you only have to go as far as the news media. The biggest perps on instigating insurrection in this country that has ever been.
And it is all , not just one , all

Interesting song....

Don Henley – Dirty Laundry Lyrics

End Rant
edit on 8/19/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I'll even one up you with a two part interview:
Star Talk Radio interview with Miles O'Brien (part1)

In Part 1 of their interview, Neil, Miles and comic co-host Chuck Nice discuss the business of science news. You’ll learn what makes a good science-focused interview, from both sides of the microphone. You’ll find out why CNN started a science division – and why they shut it down. Miles explains the impact of “The Foxification of News” and journalists who make themselves the center of the story. He describes his journey from history major to science reporter, including an interview with CNN’s president who told him, “You don’t know sh*t about science.” Miles also shares his most memorable stories: reporting on the Columbia space shuttle disaster and covering John Glenn’s return to space with “co-anchor” Walter Cronkite. It’s an eye-opening journey beyond the headlines, into the business that decides the science – or lack of science – that gets reported to the rest of the world.

Sta Talk Radio interview with Miles O'Brien (part 2)

In the conclusion of Neil’s interview with veteran science journalist Miles O’Brien, the two discuss the inherent conflict between the goals of true journalism and corporate America. You’ll hear how Miles was finally able to convince CNN that the climate change debate was over, or at least, that both sides were not equivalent from a scientific point of view. He describes going to Spaceflightnow.com after CNN fired its entire science and technology division, because “after all, what do we know about the Kardashians.” Learn about the rise of “boutique journalism” in opposition to “Wal-Mart” journalism, and how journalistic integrity is most often found not on network or cable TV, but in family-owned newspapers and non-profits like PBS. Miles also recounts how the use of technology in journalism has evolved over the years, while in the studio, comic co-host Chuck Nice and Neil rip on the overuse of some of that technology, like 3-D holographic reporters in the 2-D medium of TV.

They're both about an hour long, but what I took away from these (and I hope you do too) is how unreliable the major newscorps are when it comes to reporting facts. Bonus info that can be pulled is how news anchors became commentarians, and why.
edit on 19-8-2017 by Guyfriday because: Blah Blah Blah

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday
Thanks. The truth is out there.....

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don't have to watch San Yisidro or the Munich Olympics hostages over again, I remember those and many more, right up until around flight 800 went down. It seems like journalism went down with the plane and the story. It was the first where initial accounts were scrubbed and new narratives inserted to cover up the fact the US Navy shot it down.

We are stuck with the situation of finding our news and facts (hopefully) from various sites and people on the web. Turns out many I once trusted like Glen Greenwald I no longer do. Others like Ben Swan disappear and the guys of Jim Marrs Caliber are passing away. I have great respect for the work of Stefan Molyneux who is leading the pack so far as I;m concerned. Others hate him. So it goes.

top topics

join