It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Inconvenient Truth About the Democratic Party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
(post by SeekingAlpha removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

originally posted by: Xcathdra
As I stated before - Black people voting for Democrats would be like having Jews voting for the SS.

This right here is one of the more stupid comments I've read on ATS.

What is not true about it?

Voting for a political party who did all they could to ensure you have no rights, no property and that you are property is in fact like Jews voting into office the very people who were responsible for exterminating them.

The SS did not view Jews as people. Its one of the reasons prisoners were branded and moved around via stock cars.

The comparison holds if you know history.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Perhaps you should read the info and links I provided.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The really inconvenient truth about when the Democratic did those things... they were the Right Wing party.

Exactly.

The parties switched members and platforms over the decades. Anyone who actually knows their history knows that.

Oh, and the slick video in the OP? Paid for by a fake, non-accredited "conservative" university. They don't offer degrees or classes. Although, their branding and presentation certainly is intended to mislead people.

This is the man who created the media network of the OP's video:

Prager in 2006 criticized Keith Ellison, the first Muslim elected to Congress, for announcing that he would use the Quran for the reenactment of his swearing in ceremony, falsely claiming that an oath on any book other than the Bible would be unprecedented. In response, a former New York City Mayor, Ed Koch, called for Prager to end his service on the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Council

Wikipedia

The guy is a partisan conservative hack, so it's not surprising that he'd be OK producing a short little video only telling partial half-truths and twisting history to suit a conservative agenda.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

As I stated before - Black people voting for Democrats would be like having Jews voting for the SS.

This right here is one of the more stupid comments I've read on ATS.

What is not true about it?

Voting for a political party who did all they could to ensure you have no rights, no property and that you are property is in fact like Jews voting into office the very people who were responsible for exterminating them.

The SS did not view Jews as people. Its one of the reasons prisoners were branded and moved around via stock cars.

The comparison holds if you know history.

Equating Nazis/Jews with Democrats/Blacks??!?? Jesus man, I'm not even going to go any further.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

All that has really changed is the placement of knife.

The Dems still talk like people of color are beneath them and use those people to legitimize their power them.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth

All that has really changed is the placement of knife.

The Dems still talk like people of color are beneath them and use those people to legitimize their power them.

I'd actually like to know why you think this?

Do you have any proof you could share?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Prager still has a radio show too I think. I think O'Reilly learned his gas lighting from him.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: redtic

It's only going to get worse as things look bleaker and bleaker.

I'm going to start a company making hats out of Jiffy Pop popcorn tins. First, I'm going to have a lot of popcorn for all the upcoming drama. Second, they're made of tin foil and a perfect replacement for those red MAGA hats.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Where's your 'something's wrong on the internet' spirit?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Perhaps you should read the info and links I provided.

So you cant refute the video then - check

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

The events are true, as I said but the video ignores that the ideological tones of both party's changed over time.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It doesn't take a very smart person to see that what the Democrats represent has changed. These days they are for things like affirmative action, which help black people. A black person today would be wise to vote for the party that represents them now rather than in centuries past.

As far as the Confederacy goes, it still represents slavery because that is what it represented during the Civil War and it hasn't had the chance to change since it lost the war and was disbanded. Maybe if the Confederates had won the war, they would have eventually gotten rid of slaves as well and been given the chance to redeem themselves. Maybe not.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Don't forget that the progressives were really into Eugenics and fascism.

"universal suffrage is at the foundation of every evil in this country"

- Woodrow Wilson
edit on 19-8-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Lincoln...the guy that made the motion...

He was all for ending slavery, yet had a standpoint of negroes being considered only 3/5 a human.

Yea. selective racism is running a bit rampant.

A constitutional amendment was needed to fix that as no act by a President could. It is a part of the Constitution in case you didnt know that.

So what?

Are you saying we should end slavery?

Because I thought we did that.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Lincoln...the guy that made the motion...

He was all for ending slavery, yet had a standpoint of negroes being considered only 3/5 a human.

Yea. selective racism is running a bit rampant.

A constitutional amendment was needed to fix that as no act by a President could. It is a part of the Constitution in case you didnt know that.

So what?

Are you saying we should end slavery?

Because I thought we did that.

What in the hell are you talking about? Read the posts, understand what you read, then respond.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Lyndon B. Johnson undermines your argument that they changed.
Bill / Hillary Clinton undermine your argument that they change.
Obama undermines your argument that they changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join