It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Inconvenient Truth About the Democratic Party

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

There are more White folks on the various social safety net programs than there are Blacks, and many of those White folks vote Republican. Are the Republicans keeping White folks down thereby?

And where are those White folks on Welfare? Is it in "areas dominated by the Republican party"?

Urban blight in the Rust Belt is the sole work of Democrats? Right.

I don't have to "blame" anything on anyone. My mind doesn't work that way ... and certainly not in the vastly over-simplified terms you're arguing for here.

You should have just stayed with "I dont' like da Dems."

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So ... you don't like the Democrats, huh?

Well, thanks for telling us your opinion.

I don't like racists, OR any party or group that has purposely created a poor class of people who can't get off of the government breast in order to create votes to stay in power. Look at the current areas that vote Democratic, then look at the areas that survive on government handouts. It's not an accident. This was planned MANY years ago by the Democratic party. It's now coming home to roost. Detroit. Baltimore. Chicago. All of these have been Democratic party controlled for decades. Take a look at what they really created. It's a human tragedy.

The entire culture I support is to provide help to anyone who needs it, if they can work, I want them working, it creates self esteem and also then means that the rest of us don't have to pay for them sitting on their behinds. There are TONS of skilled labor jobs that remain unfilled, no college required.

You can't blame this on anyone other than the Democratic party, I don't care how you try to deflect the blame, look at the blue areas on any map.

Wow! Now that's some deep bulls#*t right there!

You might oughta recheck your red vs blue map.

It's predominantly the red states who get more dollars in federal assistance than they pay in to the federal government and NOT the other way around.

I can tell that your hatred of Democrats is just oozing out of your pores, but you could at least try to hold it back long enough to put together a half-assed believable argument instead of projecting your own faults on others.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960

So ... you don't like the Democrats, huh?

Well, thanks for telling us your opinion.

I don't like racists, OR any party or group that has purposely created a poor class of people who can't get off of the government breast in order to create votes to stay in power. Look at the current areas that vote Democratic, then look at the areas that survive on government handouts. It's not an accident. This was planned MANY years ago by the Democratic party. It's now coming home to roost. Detroit. Baltimore. Chicago. All of these have been Democratic party controlled for decades. Take a look at what they really created. It's a human tragedy.

The entire culture I support is to provide help to anyone who needs it, if they can work, I want them working, it creates self esteem and also then means that the rest of us don't have to pay for them sitting on their behinds. There are TONS of skilled labor jobs that remain unfilled, no college required.

You can't blame this on anyone other than the Democratic party, I don't care how you try to deflect the blame, look at the blue areas on any map.

Wow! Now that's some deep bulls#*t right there!

You might oughta recheck your red vs blue map.

It's predominantly the red states who get more dollars in federal assistance than they pay in to the federal government and NOT the other way around.

I can tell that your hatred of Democrats is just oozing out of your pores, but you could at least try to hold it back long enough to put together a half-assed believable argument instead of projecting your own faults on others.

please explain to me the Democratic social experiments known as Chicago, Baltimore, and Detroit. Please, do tell.

Has not gone really well for the citizens.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Lot of guns like lots of opioids in white rural counties. National emergency level.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yet, New York City, San Francisco, and Seattle have just as much claim to being "Democratic social experiments" ... why don't you explain how this alleged experiment succeeds wildly in some areas and not in others?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I don't know why these threads, videos and posts keep coming up. Here, Facebook...everywhere.

The past is the past, and seemingly, the democratic and Republican party switched platforms at some point in the last hundred years or so. Meaning that trying to vilify one of these two parties for something they did over 100 years ago is pretty dumb.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I don't know why these threads, videos and posts keep coming up. Here, Facebook...everywhere.

The past is the past, and seemingly, the democratic and Republican party switched platforms at some point in the last hundred years or so. Meaning that trying to vilify one of these two parties for something they did over 100 years ago is pretty dumb.

Trying to project the Democratic party's history onto to the Republican party is even more dumb.

Besides, I think Democrats just moved their slaves from the plantations to the projects. They are still profiting by exploiting & oppressing generations of black Americans...in money and power.

Little by little, they will convince all their enslaved voters -- white, black, brown, male, female -- to voluntarily surrender their civil liberties and Constitutional rights.

edit on 8/21/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Lot of guns like lots of opioids in white rural counties. National emergency level.

So many I suppose you can actually list at least 3

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Trying to project the Democratic party's history onto to the Republican party is even more dumb.

Besides, I think Democrats just moved their slaves from the plantations to the projects. They are still profiting by exploiting & oppressing generations of black Americans...in money and power.

Little by little, they will convince all their enslaved voters -- white, black, brown, male, female -- to voluntarily surrender their civil liberties and Constitutional rights.

But here's the thing. Is it just Democrats enslaving and profiting from oppression minorities? Or is it Republicans as well? I'd say it's every greedy politician no matter their political orientation. I'd also say it's not just minorities. Greedy politicians profit from anyone who's poor. Yes?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Greedy politicians profit from anyone who's poor. Yes?

I do think this is a socioeconomic issue disguised as a race issue. The wealthy against the poor...the powerful against the powerless.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I do think this is a socioeconomic issue disguised as a race issue. The wealthy against the poor...the powerful against the powerless.

Fabians against everybody else.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Shame on you for equating slaves on plantations for folks who become trapped in our social safety net. Shame on you for equating any modern member of the Democratic party as a White Supremacist slave owner.

You know very well that the Republican party after Goldwater (Nixon and Reagan) ACTIVELY went after the Southern racist/segregation votes ... hell, GOP Chairman Ken Mehlman ADMITTED what the party had done in 2005 and offered a BS "apology" for it.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Shame on you for equating slaves on plantations for folks who become trapped in our social safety net. Shame on you for equating any modern member of the Democratic party as a White Supremacist slave owner.

Shame on you for not saying it and for thinking being "trapped in our social safety net" equates to freedom & liberty.

I don't think it does and I am not ashamed to say it.

Modern U.S. political history is still unfolding and I don't take the position that either party does anything but exploit women and minorities.

But I think it's laughable that the Democratic party would demand that Republicans own up to being responsible for our history of slavery and white supremacy in the U.S. It's diabolical when the Democratic party is still exploiting and oppressing black people and women, for votes, money, & power -- today.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I don't know what to do with the stupid around here...

Ever look at an electoral map pre-civil rights and post civil rights?

Here...In order of time...

Here is an electoral map from 1860

Northerners/Republicans (Including Abraham Lincoln) were against slavery...Until the 1960's civil right bill
Southerners/Democrats were pro-slavery, anti civil rights.

When Democrats passed the Civil Rights Bill....Southerners abandoned the Democratic Party and went Republican...Northerners abandon the Republican Party and went Democrat.

SAME People, Politicans etc. Swapped parties.

If Lincoln was alive today...or ANY Republican from 1864...they would align with Democrats, not republicans and vice-versa.

edit on 21-8-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

There you go blaming the voters again !!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You should learn US history...

My advice would be to start with the electoral maps above.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Your post makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: xuenchen

Your post makes no sense.

In your view, of course it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
If Lincoln was alive today...or ANY Republican from 1864...they would align with Democrats, not republicans and vice-versa.

That's assuming they were too stupid to see through the smoke & mirrors, B.S. coming from the modern Democratic party and decided to *trust* the party, now, after all their racist, white supremacist history, since 1864.

I don't think Lincoln would be gullible enough to do that.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I prefer more specific, detailed facts and information than electoral maps. I suggest you leave your maps behind and study the history of the Democratic and Republican parties.

The Republican party has never advocated slavery. That's all on Democrats. So why should Republicans have to *own* slavery, now?

Why are you so uncomfortable admitting you support the party that fought against the freedom, Constitutional rights, and civil liberties of black Americans?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join