It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert E. Lee Statue Replaced With Statue of Pregnant Black Woman

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

Look at the statue again and see Homer Simpson in there.
Hence the "unseen" part.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Pic of the preggars chick should be a water mark on our tax forms. It should be embossed across all of the "free" food EBT cards as well. Art imitating reality.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Demon filled posters be gone from here. Lest the demon in you that our Lord is holding at bay inside you, consume you before the day of judgement. Do not be over come by evil but over come evil with good.
edit on 19-8-2017 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: savagediver
Pic of the preggars chick should be a water mark on our tax forms. It should be embossed across all of the "free" food EBT cards as well. Art imitating reality.

You stoop low to say this.

Have we not said we love you time and time again?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
What is the pregnant Africa-American woman with her raised fist supposed to represent?

There were plans for a Planned Parenthood nurse to be erected adjacent to the pregnant woman with a clipboard asking "next?". Sadly it never came to fruition.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

What is the pregnant Africa-American woman with her raised fist supposed to represent?

There were plans for a Planned Parenthood nurse to be erected adjacent to the pregnant woman with a clipboard asking "next?". Sadly it never came to fruition.

Got a link? Not saying I don't believe you. I just find it interesting. Or was that a joke? LOL. Maybe I'm a bit buzzed.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Got a link? Not saying I don't believe you. I just find it interesting. Or was that a joke? LOL. Maybe I'm a bit buzzed.

The plans were emailed to Hillary Clinton along with Donald Trump's tax returns...so..

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The plans were emailed to Hillary Clinton along with Donald Trump's tax returns...so..

LOL. Gotcha.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This is how you hollow out the idea of America, which is still the greatest experiment mankind has engaged in.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

Sitting comfortably actually. I really posted that with the memory of a video I watched again recently of the "lady" with 15 or 16 kids all preachy like saying someone needed to pay for all these kids.....someone has to be accountable. There are many more of people with much nicer toys and homes and phones crying about there food stamps being late. There is another of the girl sayin to come on out to Cali if you want your welfare , then explains how much she got and she didnt feel a bit guilty.
I am very sure my post was in poor taste and I am so sorry you had to get way down on my level as stooped over as I am to call me out. Will you please give me the directions to the local chapter for PC transgressors. I really need me some coloring books and maybe a plush teddy bear.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
This is how you hollow out the idea of America, which is still the greatest experiment mankind has engaged in.

America isn't getting "hollowed out".

It's getting gang-raped in a syphilis ward in a prison housing goat-raping terrorists.
edit on 19-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I literally make statues for a living. Been in galleries and junk. This project/statue was not planned. If it was, it was done hastfully. The "artist' had little knowledge of large outdoor statue construction. It was most whipped up really quick for a news story. I wouldn't be surprised if the artist themselves knockeda it over when nobody really cared about it being put there. I Didn't hear about it until it was knocked over. I'm fairly in tune with the breaking news too.

Commission is a fancy word for someone paying you to make something for them. Usually the subject matter is the client's. Sometimes you get lucky and they just say" do whatever you want to X item". l bad for the client. This will terrible execution of womens rights if that was the subject matter. This screams black power, fighting for black kids future(just going off obvious symbolism don't flame me) it's very divisive, I can't see how this would include all races. It's like the opposite end of the spectrum that the other statue apparently symbolizes. This one and other being taken down should be replaced by something more middle of the road and ambiguous.

I would have utilized the entire concrete base and have several different women figures in a modern style, racially ambiguous. Each figure would symbolically doing stem related things. Would probably toss in a couple female kid size figures too just to cover my bases.

The figures would be made of foam filled fiberglass and coats upon coats of uv resistant urethane clear. Unless of course the budget allowed everything to be made bronze.

Sucks to see historical landmarks being attacked. Especially since art is meant to be interpreted different ways. Each person is effected differently. Art is made to stir emotions, good, bad, happy, sad, anger. All of them.

In saying that, any city council men or women out there looking for a new statue, you know where to find me!

edit on 19-8-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I say replace the statues with a couple gender neutral mannequins staring at cell phones.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItsNotIronic
I say replace the statues with a couple gender neutral mannequins staring at cell phones.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Was she one of the many black americans who owned slaves?

Maybe the wife of the first legal slave owner in america as decided by the courts, Anthony Johnson a black man?

Or was she one of those black women who mudered untold millions of black babies via abortion as plotted by the eugenicist leftists led by planned parenthood founder Margaret Sangner?

Robert E Lee never bought a single slave. When he inherited slaves after his father died, he set them free several years before the Civil War.

edit on 19-8-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
And so it begins the white washing of history. Yeah I said it lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'm a drone. I agree with all the popular people.

/ vomit off

edit on 19-8-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Lol, it has got to be obvious at this point that this whole thing is being orchestrated to "trigger" as many people as possible.

Psyop!

That has been my feeling ever since Trump was "elected". I don't think I'm the smartest person (far from it) but something really stinks.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Were'nt the very first trade slavers in fact, black? In any case black white or other, I'm glad that nonsense ended, people are willfully ignorant, and will do and say as the wish, even i ok

Hi m claver!
edit on 19-8-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So they replaced, even tho tongue in cheek, a lovely classical statue of 2 distinguished gentlemen astride 2 fine symbols of equine nobleness, with an ugly paper mache "Image" of a fat African ? Woman?, that seemed to be primarily erected by whiteys?

Shame they didn't apply some intelligence, and at least erect a "Statue" to the original traditional owners of the Land they were on....namely the Algonquian, Susquehannocks and Piscataway peoples.

Perhaps a proud warrior of those tribes, holding a scalp, would be more appropriate.......Considering "scapling" was introduced by the white eyes with fork tongues, as a way to redeem the bounty on "Indians".

Or even just an under weight squaw, holding her murdered, or European disease ridden, baby.

More apt than a Fat African.

edit on 19-8-2017 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join