It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert E. Lee Statue Replaced With Statue of Pregnant Black Woman

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It seems these people and some law givers are breaking their own laws.
edit on 20-8-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255

It seems these people and some law givers are breaking their own laws.

Ya think they know?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Illuminati Card #428 - Don't Forget to Smash the State

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

At that rate, can we actually have any statues?

Gen. Lee suddenly upset these people, so they tore him down. If we put something there that doesn't in some way upset these people, meaning they approve of it, isn't that in some way going to be appeasing to them or pandering?

Good point.

My main thing here is that replacing the statue 'officially' with something catering to their demands (spoken or unspoken), will just empower them. For example, if the city decided to cast a pregnant black woman with her fist in the air and a baby on her back, rainbow sash around her soldiers.. "They" win.

Personally, I would just put up a new General Lee.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I'm glad it fell/melted.

I hope whatever goes there eventually, does not pander to the types that tore down General Lee. For the record, I am indifferent to General Lee.

It's important that the people behind these types of actions don't feel rewarded for their actions. That would just empower them more.

I think it would be nice if they put up statues of famous Native Americans.

That it would. I know, at least here in Oregon, there is the town of Joseph with a statue of Chief Joseph (Hinmatóowyalahtq̓it). Chief of the Nez Perce during the Nez Perce War.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So they replaced a statue that got knocked down with a statue that got knocked up?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Did she find out who the father is?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Fairies?

No they found evidence of a previous people before them. Bu tleave it up to them to cover it up by calling them great spirits.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Did she find out who the father is?

That's why she melted.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The law makers definitely know.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
From Confederate to Welfare.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUSARIA

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: Krakatoa

All that from someone that leaves out the context of each of those quotes. How convenient for you.

I didn't leave out any context at all.

I quoted their posts exactly how they were written, in full.

Go ahead, read back through all the posts that I quoted and show me where I left out any "context".

I'll wait.

The post I made, making the observation that she was alone, with children, is accurate not racist. Truth cannot be racist if it accurately describes the situation. If you think it does, then that speaks volumes to your internal priorities and anxious determination to find racism in everything. I questioned why this statue represented a lone pregnant black woman, and not a proud black family (I didn't add the color, the artist did). That is relevant, and a social commentary.

As Freud once said, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

edit on 8/21/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I do not mind replacing statues, as so long as they can be preserved elsewhere as a part of history. I hate to think of things floating down the memory hole. But what bothers me is the replacement statue was downright hideous. It really was. There are so many beautiful, artistic, and lovely ways - even in modern art - to take the space. The statue they provided looked like a blob. I was actually shocked a moment "This is what they think pregnant women look like?". Ugh.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: yuppa

Fairies?

No they found evidence of a previous people before them. Bu tleave it up to them to cover it up by calling them great spirits.

Please post links and book titles!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Wow, now the USC horse is being banned because it is named Traveller! People are taking the piss. This is not going to end nicely....its just going to grow and grow. Are we going to band the name Lee, Davis, and Jefferson among others? This is mental.

www.foxnews.com...

I predicted all of this when they erased the Duke Boy's General Lee from History. I'm surprised they haven't burned all the episodes yet.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUSARIA

I've seen a lot of comments made in this thread that frankly are unexceptable. It's not OK to use race to attack because you disagree with policies thus isn't the country I fought for. Several here are literally attacking my wife and kids since my wife is black and I'm white. My wife had never been on public assistance and went to law school and opened her own practice.

When you use skin color to attack to make some stupid point just Pisses me off. Some jack wad thinks it's OK it's not and you make me wonder why I even bothered to fight for you a 's 's hats. Your brave over the Internet but ever say some of the stuff I read here around my wife or kids and Ill put you in the emergency room before it's over grow up.
edit on 8/22/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaDeCo
I do not mind replacing statues, as so long as they can be preserved elsewhere as a part of history. I hate to think of things floating down the memory hole. But what bothers me is the replacement statue was downright hideous. It really was. There are so many beautiful, artistic, and lovely ways - even in modern art - to take the space. The statue they provided looked like a blob. I was actually shocked a moment "This is what they think pregnant women look like?". Ugh.

Star for you I agree the artists was a joke.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Under the new statue there is a plaque that says, "who be payin' for all deez keedz?!?! Somebody's gotz to be payin' for ma babies!!"

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
Under the new statue there is a plaque that says, "who be payin' for all deez keedz?!?! Somebody's gotz to be payin' for ma babies!!"

Stereo type much? You might want to take down that confederate flag in your pickup we can't everyone knowing what your really like.

See stereo types work both ways maybe you need to think about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join