It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They care more than I do!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
for the record a Black Belt (I wont say the degree because you could get my name and address then) in GoJuRu Okinawan Karate, I will kick a ninjas ass
Sadly I cant train like I used to because of health problems.

My sons have trained since they can walk and can kick a roomful of ninjas asses
My oldest is trying to fit training to fight in UFC into his college schedule, if I can convince him not to join the Army.

I recomend it to anyone looking for exersize.

Amuk, I don't know much about martial arts, but I have a hard time believing what you say about kicking a ninja's arse. What are you gonna do when they start throwing those stars at you and disappearing into clouds of smoke and stuff? Just wondering.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Our Dojo

And is a ninja.

for the record a Black Belt (I wont say the degree because you could get my name and address then) in GoJuRu Okinawan Karate, I will kick a ninjas ass
Sadly I cant train like I used to because of health problems.

My sons have trained since they can walk and can kick a roomful of ninjas asses
My oldest is trying to fit training to fight in UFC into his college schedule, if I can convince him not to join the Army.

I recomend it to anyone looking for exersize.

Yon Dan.........Aikido, ninja's are BS......

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
What are you gonna do when they start throwing those stars at you and disappearing into clouds of smoke and stuff?

Why shoot them of course

Throwing stars (like throwing knives) are highly overrated as a weapon. Most of what you see on TV is BS. Ninjas used posion more often than swords and I have never heard of ANYONE being killed by a throwing star. If attacked by a band of roving ninjas I suggest the .45

But just for Hand to Hand combat I would put my son (and our style) against ANYONE including ninjas

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

"I support the troops"
What does that mean - are they paying extra taxes that go to the war effort? What, exactly, does that mean?

Maybe they:
1) pray for longs periods of time for the troops?
2) order Holy Masses in the intention of the troops?
3) think a lot about the troops and watch the news and such things all the time?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Oh yeah, well do you guys get to wear awesome black masks and pajamas? Ha! I didn't think so. And its not 'teenage mutant okinawan akkido turtles' is it!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

But just for Hand to Hand combat I would put my son (and our style) against ANYONE including ninjas

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Amuk]

I know this thread is digressing from it's intended path, but will you answer one last question for me? Is Jean Claude Van Damme for real? How 'bout Steven Segal (before he became bloated)?

Peace

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Depends on what you mean by real.

Both might have been serious Martial Artists at one point but are actors today. Most true Masters are probibly unknown outside the circle. There are several good threads on the subject here do a search function and we can take it up there

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I bought some because some of the cash went to a charity for veterans. Its also nice to see that people are thinking about our troops enough to make a little extra effort to show the recognition. Its just a very tiny bit, but its more than just saying the words.

I think with all the negative press US troops are getting, little things like this say alot. That Bud comercial during the Super Bowl nearly brought me to tears, didnt expect it at all. Thankfully my wife was upstairs at the time!!

GO TROOPS!!! You are all heros to me!

[edit on 9-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Van Damn is a joke. He was a big kick boxer before he was an actor, but i heard that as far as officially ranked in martial arts....he was a brown belt at best.

Steven Segal however, is a highly decorated Aikido master. He has several respected training dojos in Japan.

......oh yeah, and myself,.....i study Okinawa Kenpo & Kabudo (shodan)

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I do not have any yellow ribbons attached to my vehicles. However, coming from a military childhood and living near a military base most of my life. I can say that the flags are there for many reasons.

Mostly the ribbons are there for the soon to be leaving troops and the families and friends of troops. You are saying "I want you to know that I appreciate your sacrifice and your family's sacrifice." In my area, I seriously doubt there is anybody not affiliated somehow with some troop member. Some members of my old high school have lost their lives while serving in Iraq. With that in mind, maybe the multiple ribbons are for different family members and friends.

Buying a ribbon can also be a personal reminder to you that somebody is out fighting for yours and others rights to be free. Or you can buy one to help remind somebody else there are members of our country fighting for freedom.

On a different note, you could buy multiple ribbons to have a nice appeasing symmetric look for your car.

Also, to have multiple ribbons and/or size may be a mechanism for one to cope with a family member or friend being gone. May seem overboard to have a big bow but for them it helps.

For the Martial Arts Topic, I am a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and I recommend martial arts to everybody. Good exercise and 95% of the time Good People.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Heres is a lot more about Segal

www.stevenseagal.com...

I just have a problem with actor/martial artists

lets get back on topic though we can talk Martial Arts on another thread

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
the funny thing is theres like supporting a war that isnt going to gain anything in the long run, the gulf is going to keep spewing out problem after another, now if we went an invaded a big country like russia then you could support the war

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i've got, 'BUSH KNEW!' on my 30 MPG wagon, ....because i care more than they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join