It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is restarting his entire presidency.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Garbage! They never 'wanted to 'work' with him. Right from Jeb Bush's campaign to your Rubio replacement. The last budget typifies that. Work with him? Delusion.

So you 'sourced' your fake news. We know it, so save it for your fellow 'machine' supporters. The whole Republican Party is in 'hiding'. They're whipped by the media.....and TPTB.

Nope. not career suicide. Murder. He has compromised not one whit. Rest assured, the minimum damage the Republicans has self-inflicted in their 'victory' against the 'outsider' is disaffecting millions of potential voters that have and do support Trump.

It is the Republican Party that has committed 'political suicide', losing by a nose to the Democrats.

The third party is now inevitable.. Your days are done. Enjoy them while you can.
edit on 19-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Trumps problem is that he never really had a good political boss. Remember Clinton had Carville and Obama Axelrod.

Trump had Bannon, who’s a political amateur really not a professional political boss.

Kellyanne Conway is a pollster not a real political boss.

His ego prevents him from hiring and listening to a legitimate political boss to lead his agenda

This may be deliberate

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Lol, supporting Nazis.

Trump was discussing the events that involved self proclamed white supremicists and nazis and the clash from the "alt-left"...good and bad on both sides

Lemme ask you a question, do you agree there are good nazis and white supremicists? I mean, with only that as your understanding of a person/group. Sure, many may walk (white) old ladys across the street, but that matters little when their main drive is to drive to somewhere to make a stance against anything not white.

So...you are in agreement in Trumpland with the #notallnazis movement or are you seeing this could possibly, maybe, perhaps be a bit of a dumbs--t statement?

I'd like to know if you really believe that the only people who attended that event were Nazi's and White Supremacists, then ANTIFA thugs?

The event specifically designed for a rally of white supremacists...I reckon there were reporters in the wings and other such minor non participants, but overall, the boy scouts meet is typically filled with boy scouts. the white power meets typically..etc.

Not saying they shouldn't be allowed to demonstrate mind you, let em...just saying they are pretty much just a bunch of scumbags with tiki torches stirring up s--t

what about the young woman that was killed? Was she a good person?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Lol, supporting Nazis.

Trump was discussing the events that involved self proclamed white supremicists and nazis and the clash from the "alt-left"...good and bad on both sides

Lemme ask you a question, do you agree there are good nazis and white supremicists? I mean, with only that as your understanding of a person/group. Sure, many may walk (white) old ladys across the street, but that matters little when their main drive is to drive to somewhere to make a stance against anything not white.

So...you are in agreement in Trumpland with the #notallnazis movement or are you seeing this could possibly, maybe, perhaps be a bit of a dumbs--t statement?

I'd like to know if you really believe that the only people who attended that event were Nazi's and White Supremacists, then ANTIFA thugs?

The event specifically designed for a rally of white supremacists...I reckon there were reporters in the wings and other such minor non participants, but overall, the boy scouts meet is typically filled with boy scouts. the white power meets typically..etc.

Not saying they shouldn't be allowed to demonstrate mind you, let em...just saying they are pretty much just a bunch of scumbags with tiki torches stirring up s--t

what about the young woman that was killed? Was she a good person?

The woman who the nazi ran down? no clue, but she was a innocent. they were all (all sides) mostly innocent..many/most were probably intolerable to some degree, some more than others. not sure what the point is. She..wasn't with the nazis and white sups from my understanding.
I would say she was, just from the fraction of stuff I know of her, a idealist and very nieve / caught up in social justice without thinking things through on a intellectual level. poor girl.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I believe Trumps role in this whole big picture whether he even knows it or not, is to foment animosity between us.
he already started building his wall between all the races in society...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I think it's terrible she was killed, and others were hurt, and the idiot who did it needs to be made an example out of. But When I'm told that there is no justification for saying there were some good people there, I have to question it. Trump says and does enough stupid things that folks don't need to invent lies to "outrage" over. This is one of those lies.

If he fails and goes down in flames, I just think it would be cool if he did it on his own, and not because the MSM, the left, the right, and the in between made up all sorts of bull# stories about him. It's almost like he's a threat because he didn't fail on his own yet.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Garbage! They never 'wanted to 'work' with him. Right from Jeb Bush's campaign to your Rubio replacement. The last budget typifies that. Work with him? Delusion.

Sure they did. What you want by working with him though is capitulation, and that simply isn't going to happen. There's two many agendas at play, each with a small slice of power. They can compromise with each other (a word I know you hate), but they aren't going to capitulate.

For example, a compromise that I think would be fair is that we open up 50 single payer in the US. One in each state. Let states each figure out how to best implement it. Residents of states get their care, but for a price determined by each state, could be placed under another states market. This provides health care for all. If someone doesn't want that for care, they could instead move to the private insurance system that used to exist... this would almost certainly be used for catastrophic coverage only. If you really need to, open up HSA's and let them pay for private insurance as your secondary to single payer.

The third party is now inevitable.. Your days are done. Enjoy them while you can.

I have no problem with a third party. The only thing I have a problem with, is a bunch of people who think there's such a thing as a deep state, and that it's some massive conspiracy to keep people out. I have a problem with the people who (like a poster wrote yesterday) execute a decapitation strike on Congress, and refill it with ordinary working laborers instead of positions like doctors and lawyers. It strikes me as similar to the soviets in the 20's, when they had their proletariat uprising, killed or imprisoned all the skilled labor, and tried to take over society. They were in famine a year later with nearly zero GDP. What bothers me about Trump supporters is they want that same uprising.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Trumps problem is that he never really had a good political boss. Remember Clinton had Carville and Obama Axelrod.

Trump had Bannon, who’s a political amateur really not a professional political boss.

His ego prevents him from hiring and listening to a legitimate political boss to lead his agenda

This may be deliberate

I think this has worked to his advantage, it gives him an anti establishment edge that speaks to people. He needs experienced people around him, but his base believes that if you have experience you're tainted.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Sure they did. What you want by working with him though is capitulation, and that simply isn't going to happen. There's two many agendas at play, each with a small slice of power. They can compromise with each other (a word I know you hate), but they aren't going to capitulate.

For example, a compromise that I think would be fair is that we open up 50 single payer in the US. One in each state. Let states each figure out how to best implement it. Residents of states get their care, but for a price determined by each state, could be placed under another states market. This provides health care for all. If someone doesn't want that for care, they could instead move to the private insurance system that used to exist... this would almost certainly be used for catastrophic coverage only. If you really need to, open up HSA's and let them pay for private insurance as your secondary to single payer.

I have no problem with a third party. The only thing I have a problem with, is a bunch of people who think there's such a thing as a deep state, and that it's some massive conspiracy to keep people out. I have a problem with the people who (like a poster wrote yesterday) execute a decapitation strike on Congress, and refill it with ordinary working laborers instead of positions like doctors and lawyers. It strikes me as similar to the soviets in the 20's, when they had their proletariat uprising, killed or imprisoned all the skilled labor, and tried to take over society. They were in famine a year later with nearly zero GDP. What bothers me about Trump supporters is they want that same uprising.

Compromise? Where was the Republican controlled Congress' compromise with Trump? The ACA which all 'swore' would be repealed. Funding Planned parenthood. The list goes on not one single budget item wanted by Trump given by the Congress. All the while every penny Trump cut from programs went straight to Treasury and reduced the national debt. Where was that so-called 'wanting to work with Trump'. LIES

Here's the simple fact of it. You represent the Republican establishment. Always have throughout this process. Fair enough. Now you lead in damage control for the republican party in the hopes of distancing from Trump. Well you have distanced from Trump. The republican problem is you distanced when you should have supported. Now you come up with a 'Trump starting over' theme when all your trying to do is win back Trump supporters to the Republican version of the D.C. 'con job'.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The Republican Party has made an enemy. That would be me and hopefully others as well. I'm betting it will be sufficient numbers that destroys Republican control of Congress. I doubt a third party can effect the next mid-terms sufficiently at this juncture, but 2020??

edit on 20-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Any monies Trump allegedly 'saved' were eclipsed by his $54B donation to the DoD and his Not-so-Great Wall boondoggle.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Compromise? Where was the Republican controlled Congress' compromise with Trump? The ACA which all 'swore' would be repealed. Funding Planned parenthood. The list goes on not one single budget item wanted by Trump given by the Congress. All the while every penny Trump cut from programs went straight to Treasury and reduced the national debt. Where was that so-called 'wanting to work with Trump'. LIES

Trump never published his plan, he was content to sign whatever the Republicans wanted. His voters however, thought he had some secret plan. When it became obvious to Congress that he didn't, they stopped trying to work with him. Numerous bills have come up since, and Trump can't cobble together support, largely because his own base is so far removed from reality that they don't know what they want.

Here's the simple fact of it. You represent the Republican establishment. Always have throughout this process. Fair enough. Now you lead in damage control for the republican party in the hopes of distancing from Trump. Well you have distanced from Trump. The republican problem is you distanced when you should have supported. Now you come up with a 'Trump starting over' theme when all your trying to do is win back Trump supporters to the Republican version of the D.C. 'con job'.

I see nothing wrong with representing the establishment. I don't see them as a threat, the establishment is full of people who know how government works, can get things done, and behind the scenes are mostly reasonable people. It's the position of experience and knowledge. To me, the threat is the anti establishment people who have no experience, have never really thought these issues through, play into mass media bickering, and basically just want to tear everything down because they don't understand it. Often, I use the historical example of the Russian proletariat revolution. Those guys were the anti establishment, and look where it got them. Today though, I'll use another example. The anti establishment are like a frustrated dog. They don't have enough distractions and outlets for stress, so they've turned inward and started manifesting destructive behavior, tearing apart their homes. That is the anti establishment.

The leaders of these movements aren't stupid though, they're just tapping into it. Look at Bannons interview recently, he know what the people want to hear but at the same time he also admits that things like the wall, closed borders, or being tough on North Korea simply aren't reasonable paths to take, or even possible. The whole movement is the blind being lead by con men, and I have a problem with that.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

You've been fooled by all the politicians you like, from the top down, for years/decades now. Take a look at Paul Ryan, he's a good example of politics. Remember in 2012 when he was Romneys running mate? At the time he was running a persona of being an extreme fiscal conservative, so much so that he put forward some budgets that didn't stop at cutting to the bone, they took the limbs too. He was never going to govern that way though. Since becoming Speaker he has had to display actual governing ability and be more responsible. And all of the irrational anti establishment people have turned on him, because he ceased to push a destructive ideology. McCain is another example, in 2008 he ran as the anti establishment maverick even though his entire career of governance behind the scenes has been one of moderation and consensus building.

I get that you're frustrated, but the Trump base ideology (which no one in a position of importance is stupid enough to privately follow) is not what's going to fix anything. To you I say the same thing I say to everyone who is unhappy. Stop trying to vote to fix things. Voting is the tool of the lazy. If you truly believe there to be serious issues, then get some government experience, get some executive experience, get an education in problem solving (I would suggest computer science), and make a career out of solving problems. After that is done, if you were successful, then run for office and fix things. Take some responsibility, stand up, and do your part. Don't expect someone else to take the initative.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Your post says it all
. It merely re-enforces my stance.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

This may be deliberate

As a second response to this, I've been thinking about what you said here. The title of my post, and the inspiration for it actually came from something Newt Gingrich said the other day on radio about how Trump is going to have to rebuild if he doesn't want to be completely sidetracked.

During the campaign, and into his early Presidency (until cabinet spots were picked), Newt was a real insider with Trump and was no doubt guiding things. I think he would count as an insider. Like everyone else that works with Trump though, he eventually got backstabbed and thrown away.

One could likely say the same thing about Guiliani.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

If only he hadn't intentionally burned so many bridges with his fellow party members... Of course this was going to happen after attacking everyone from sitting Senators to big name powerbrokers. Why would any of them join him to help him now after he's publicly ridiculed them?

Getting things done in the federal govt is vastly different from running a family owned business. This is why so many other politicians compromise, negotiate, "grease the wheels", trade favors, etc; because it's sometimes the only way to get hundreds of legislators and administrators to agree on major changes in policy. For better or for worse, the first 7 months of his presidency should go down as a lesson in how not to operate when in office.

He can obviously turn things around since most people tend to have short memories when it comes to politics. But he's definitely going to need people in his camp who can rebuild bridges with the judiciary, his own party, and even with Democrats. He can shift into becoming a stereotypical Republican politician or even strive to become a bipartisan president that can work with everyone. But that's going to require him to change the combative behavior and policies that he's embraced since he announced that he was running for President.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You attempted to end him with death by a thousand cuts and instead destroyed democracy and the country. You stood in front of him at every step and only ended up tripping yourselves. Trump falls, you fall.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join