It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Christians Support Trump?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Trump has ended the US Democratic party under Obama funding training and arming of Islamic Jihad in Syria who were behind the ethnic cleansing of our Christians from their ancient homeland of the Middle East. Surely that's something every Christian supports, I do and I'm not even American

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

you DID NOT SCROLL DOWN AND READ CAREFULLY DID YOU? I told you there is a section FURTHER DOWN. you missed it apparently and are Lying if you say its just all OT stuff. its NOT ALL OT.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

That's what he was elected for. To destroy America. But the Christians didn't get their Rapture yesterday, so they are going to be destroyed with the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yes, I scrolled all the way to the bottom. It was 99.9% Old Testament quotes and someone's personal views on how to justify OT scripture with what Jesus didn't say, and what the New Testament doesn't support.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Surely ending the insane support for Islamic Jihad by Obama through funding, training and weapons supply is an excellent result of Trump?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

youre just trolling. done with your baiting in this thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

You are a liar and the president is a lying fraud. Christians who back him have already followed him to destruction. Jesus hated liars and murderers because he hated Satan.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I am honestly stunned by your reply. I have nothing to say. Speechless but smiling just stunned lol

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

youre just trolling. done with your baiting in this thread.

When you're backed into a corner, it's trolling. I see.

Bottom line, Jesus's teachings don't support or justify your desire to kill your enemy.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

As a Christian, you should not oppress those who are not Christian, by falsely considering your country to be a Christian nation. It never was, and by the grace of God himself, never will be.

Using Christian beliefs and attitudes as measures for right and wrong in a secular nation (which the United States has to be by the foundational laws which govern its operation), is fundamentally flawed. So, a greater amount of conservatism, a bias toward pro-life, a bias against gay marriage, and a preference for dinosauroid justices who hate anything remotely new or that deconstructs the deeply damaged past, so that the future can be better than it was, is not a choice which is conducive to strict adherence to the Constitution of the country you are living in.

What is more, it is not very Christian, given that voting for more conservative policy, means damaging innocent people, denying others their free will, and in some cases comes close to destroying their personhood before the law. That is not a Christian thing to do. A Christian thing to do, would be to have a secular nation, run in a secular fashion, without interference from faith groups or those who falsely believe they have correctly understood the actions and words of the biggest rebel in history, the least conservative religious figure to have lived at the time, and a man who broke bread with criminals, prostitutes and lepers on the regular, despite the disgust of people with views, very much like your own.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
jesus never asked for payment when curing the lepers or blind, neither party promoted that and, for all the times i read the bible i never got the verse when jesus entered the temple packing heat or used high powered rifle to put an elephant down.
despite republican and nra lies the democrats have never and never ran on a universal ban all weapons ticket.

so both parties are unchristian.

trumps been married several times and enjoys pussy grabbing while declaring himself bankrupt several times over all sins while, the bible states women who leave the house while menstruating need to be stoned to death and hillary didn't take seven consecutive days off so their both sinners to christians.

then again its 2017 bastardizing a 2000 year old book and claiming this is what it meant to say is part of the reason america finds itself morally bankrupt and mentally stunted.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The bible could literally have written in it, "and Jesus said to his followers, verily I say unto thee that thou shalt not vote Republican' and about 95% of Christians would think it meant Democrats are the evil ones (because Rush Limbaugh - Gods Chosen Lamb - tells them what God 'Really' meant). When the literal 10 tenants are spelled out for its members and yet most still believe in fiery vengeance and retribution, the death penalty, etc, is it any wonder that many 'Christians' are merely using the religion for their own petty selfish personal pleasure/gain?

Such things as a distinct lack of mercy/compassion/forgiveness should have been a pretty big tell that Trump's run was not going to be a shining pillar of Christian Kindness. But, historically, has that every really stopped/slowed Christian support (the answer sadly is no)?
edit on 35am17famTue, 29 Aug 2017 07:14:14 -0500America/ChicagoTue, 29 Aug 2017 07:14:14 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

So should a Christian support Trump?

Are all Christians the same?

Should Christian from Syria support Trump?

Why ask a question that points to a herd mentality that so many claim religious people suffer from?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join