It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Christians Support Trump?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I posted more than a single verse. You're argument is due to your own fear that "God" will not protect you and yours, so you think you need to be prepared to kill your enemy, so Jesus MUST have taught it!

No, my argument is the verses you are using have no bearing on the subject. You don't stop feeding yourself because you think God will feed you. You don't stop putting clothes on yourself because you think God will clothe you. So why would you stop protecting yourself because God will protect you?

When God gives you the means to eat, the means to clothe yourself, and the means to protect yourself, those things come from God, but we still need to use what He gives us.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: StandingTallForChrist
Well another leftist lunatic could try to take him out... there are plenty of them out there for sure.

If anything like that happens it will be some right-wing extremist that does it when he comes to realize he's been sold out.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

When God gives you the means to eat, the means to clothe yourself, and the means to protect yourself, those things come from God, but we still need to use what He gives us.

Use it by sharing and giving it away.

Luke 14:25 Now great multitudes were going with him. He turned and said to them, 26"If anyone comes to me, and doesn't disregard his own father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he can't be my disciple. 27Whoever doesn't bear his own cross, and come after me, can't be my disciple. 28For which of you, desiring to build a tower, doesn't first sit down and count the cost, to see if he has enough to complete it? 29Or perhaps, when he has laid a foundation, and is not able to finish, everyone who sees begins to mock him, 30saying, 'This man began to build, and wasn't able to finish.' 31Or what king, as he goes to encounter another king in war, will not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? 32Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sends an envoy, and asks for conditions of peace. 33So therefore whoever of you who doesn't renounce all that he has, he can't be my disciple.

Not easy.

edit on 20-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Like I said, the Old Testament takes care of telling you how to kill, clean and prepare animals and how long you can eat the meat before it rots, and when to sow and when to reap. It tells you how and when to kill your enemies, when you can freely rape, kill and pillage, and when you have to pay a price, and what price for rape, murder and theft.

Jesus didn't touch those laws. But, Jesus wasn't about Old Testament justice or ancient social mores. Jesus, if he existed, didn't come to earth to reinforce your need to kill your enemy.

But you already know that, right? Because you're a Christian, right?

edit on 20-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Excuse me,but turn the other cheek is for NON life threatening situations alone

What did Jesus do when his life was at risk?

It never was. He knew where he was going to die as well.
There are verses that say its OK to defend someone else from harm correct? I suggest you look up the context of turning the other cheek. Its obvious you do not grasp its usage and meaning.
Partly because you like to try and color people as hypocrites to make yourself feel superior right?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Yes. what you refrenced was to be a DISCIPLE. In his day someone who spreads his message.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

There are verses that say its OK to defend someone else from harm correct?

Not from Jesus there aren't.

I suggest you look up the context of turning the other cheek.

The context of that verse is in reference to being assaulted/mugged and robbed. Certainly, Jesus is advocating, just like most police officers today, that if you're robbed, give your stuff to the robber, because stuff can be replaced,. And, try not to be the tough guy. Too many people are killed with their own guns in chaotic situations. If your life is in danger look for a way to escape, and run.

That's what Jesus said.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

It's still all about the power over vaginas for conservatives. No other lives matter.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

There are verses that say its OK to defend someone else from harm correct?

Not from Jesus there aren't.

I suggest you look up the context of turning the other cheek.

The context of that verse is in reference to being assaulted/mugged and robbed. Certainly, Jesus is advocating, just like most police officers today, that if you're robbed, give your stuff to the robber, because stuff can be replaced,. And, try not to be the tough guy. Too many people are killed with their own guns in chaotic situations. If your life is in danger look for a way to escape, and run.

That's what Jesus said.

WRONG. the context was to be used originally against ROMANS. You are NOT to let yourself be beaten to death or seriously injured. Thats disrespectful to the life given to you. SUre you ar ento to fear dying but you are also not to just lay down and be a rug or die.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Yes. what you refrenced was to be a DISCIPLE. In his day someone who spreads his message.

And some would say every day is his day.

In my reckless youth, 27, I joined a church named Christian Church Disciples of Christ. I read the brochure that said it was a merger of the Campbell Movement and the Stone Movement(Baptist). Campbell was Scottish Rite. I didn't know what that was. I thought it was some kind of Presbyterian. Well, it's not. It's Masonic.

It seems that the Masons planned out the U.S. Government system. Merge that with Discipleship. How in the heck should a Disciple working with Masons act? Equal Justice. Equal Rights. Equal Benefits. Generosity. Above all: Don't try to bring the World to an end. People have to live here after all.

Too many people (some labeled Christian) are trying to end the World, Immanentize the eschaton, bring the end into the present. Some people think "just unite Jerusalem and the end will come" or "Crown the anti-Christ and the end will come." On the other hand some would like to make the present World into the end product, 1930s Nazis for instance. Or Communist Utopias.

Some may see themselves as secret agents working like yeast in dough.

He spoke another parable to them. "The Kingdom of Heaven is like yeast, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, until it was all leavened."

Check out AM Joy 8/19/17
Translating the Boston counter-protest into policy
Bishop Dr. William Barber
edit on 20-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You are NOT to let yourself be beaten to death or seriously injured. Thats disrespectful to the life given to you. SUre you ar ento to fear dying but you are also not to just lay down and be a rug or die.

Where is it written that Jesus said this? Where is this in the Bible anywhere?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You are NOT to let yourself be beaten to death or seriously injured. Thats disrespectful to the life given to you. SUre you ar ento to fear dying but you are also not to just lay down and be a rug or die.

Where is it written that Jesus said this? Where is this in the Bible anywhere?

Paraphrasing. you do know what that is correct? Im sure you can figure it out.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: mOjOm

And when the police come to arrest me I will not use a sword. When a man breaks into my house to rape my wife he will die.

That's fine. You should choose whatever you think is best. But no matter what you choose there's no need to try and justify it by invoking the bible. Just do what you think is best.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

you do know what that is correct? Im sure you can figure it out.

Oh for crying out loud!

Heb 2:14 Since then the children have shared in flesh and blood, he also himself in the same way partook of the same, that through death he might bring to nothing him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15and might deliver all of them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

11:35 Women received their dead by resurrection. Others were tortured, not accepting their deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. 36Others were tried by mocking and scourging, yes, moreover by bonds and imprisonment. 37They were stoned. They were sawn apart. They were tempted. They were slain with the sword. They went around in sheep skins and in goat skins; being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated 38(of whom the world was not worthy), wandering in deserts, mountains, caves, and the holes of the earth.

39These all, having had testimony given to them through their faith, didn't receive the promise, 40God having provided some better thing concerning us, so that apart from us they should not be made perfect.

Rev 12:10 I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now is come the salvation, the power, and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ; for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them before our God day and night. 11They overcame him because of the Lamb's blood, and because of the word of their testimony. They didn't love their life, even to death.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Paraphrasing. you do know what that is correct? Im sure you can figure it out.

LOL. I wasn't aware that Jesus was a "do as I say, not as I do" sort of guy!

(Even though he never ever said any such thing!)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: mOjOm

And when the police come to arrest me I will not use a sword. When a man breaks into my house to rape my wife he will die.

That's fine. You should choose whatever you think is best. But no matter what you choose there's no need to try and justify it by invoking the bible. Just do what you think is best.
I don't need to justify by invoking the Bible, quite the opposite, the Bible was invoked to say I can't do it. I merely disproved that.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Don't understand what that has to do with my point that trusting in God doesn't mean you stop getting food.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I am still waiting for you to actually reply to what I said rather than make all these replies that literally have nothing to do with the topic. When you can quote Jesus saying you should let a criminal break into your home to rape and murder your family let me know.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

When you can quote Jesus saying that you should take up arms against your enemy, let me know.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Don't understand what that has to do with my point that trusting in God doesn't mean you stop getting food.

Matt 6:25 Therefore, I tell you, don't be anxious for your life: what you will eat, or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will wear. Isn't life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26See the birds of the sky, that they don't sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you of much more value than they? 27"Which of you, by being anxious, can add one moment to his lifespan? 28Why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They don't toil, neither do they spin, 29yet I tell you that even Solomon in all his glory was not dressed like one of these. 30But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today exists, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, won't he much more clothe you, you of little faith? 31"Therefore don't be anxious, saying, 'What will we eat?', 'What will we drink?' or, 'With what will we be clothed?' 32For the Gentiles seek after all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.

Of course, if the god hands you a shirt you must put it on yourself. If the god hands you some bread, you must chew it yourself. As it is written, "Take and eat. This is my body which is broken for you. Do this in remembrance of me."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join