It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to love a Nazi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A quote by Ram Dass from the book Be Here Now has been bouncing around in my mind lately.

"If you're in polarity, you're creating polar opposites. You can only protest effectively when you love the person whose ideas you are protesting against, as much as you love yourself."

Another one I learned while growing up down south has been ricocheting around in my mind as well.

"It isn't about race!"- Old Racist Proverb

I really believe the first quote is truth. But how do you learn to love someone who holds such abhorrent ideas, and views of the world? By realizing that none of this is really us.

All these attitudes, white supremacy, racism, intolerance, bigotry, are taught. No one is born a racist. In growing up where I did I knew kids of a handful of white supremacists, and you could see at school that they didn't really hate anyone because of their race, but as they got older, and frankly after a few beatings from their father, they fell right in to it.

Now, some of you will say that's only an isolated incident, and I agree. I doubt that's respective of the country at large. The reason I bring that up, is because it's an example of how these attitudes are taught. Even under the vilest racist there is still a human being, that is a person the same as you are. When two people hate each other, it only multiplies the hate in everyone.

The solution to all of this is to take the first quote to heart. I'm not saying don't go protest, please, go and bring extra people if it's something you really believe in. Just do it differently. I'm reminded of the photo from the 1960's of the protestor putting a flower into the barrel of a rifle, and this was one of the images that galvanized a nation. To protest effectively, you have to return their hate with love.

It's about realizing there is a person behind the ideology. It shouldn't be about silencing the person, no matter how abhorrent their views seem to you, it should be about changing them. Don't throw rocks, generate discussion.

Be cynical and call me naive for talking some 1960's pie in the sky version of protesting, but it worked then, and it would work now. Because the love/hate dynamic will always be the same with people.

At this point, I think a little pie in the sky would do us all some good.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I love you. Wonderful message. Thank you. Peace.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You and I almost never agree, but I don't hate you. In fact, I want you to have the best of life. I don't want bad things for you or pain or sorrow or suffering.

Not just because we disagree.

Kali and I have pretty much never agreed, but I know Kali is ill and i want Kali to get better to be healthy and happy and strong again. I care about that even though I disagree pretty vehemently with Kali.

edit on 18-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I hear You Brother,but these clowns don't want to love.Some are so entrenched in hate.
edit on 18-8-2017 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
I hear You Brother,but these clowns don't want to love.Some are so entrenched in hate.

Then it's never more appropriate.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Once again, I am reminded of a quote from G.O.T. last season:

"Violence is a disease... you don't cure a disease by spreading it."

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Well said.

A good example is Daryl Davis. Through conversation, music and friendship, he has converted more KKK than any anti-fascist ever could.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So maybe you're not just a brainless zombie.

This may be the only time we will ever agree!!!

edit on 18-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I've never seen that before, thanks for that.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

There is a great documentary on him. See what happens when he tries the same with members of BLM, though.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

There is a great documentary on him. See what happens when he tries the same with members of BLM, though.

I'd say that has more to do with the age of the people than any particular political leaning. Talk to the same BLM people in 30 years, and you'll probably find them a lot more receptive to the guy.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You 'love' the person; not the ideas.

Imagine the kind of fear and anger a person with those ideas has to endure. Pray or affirm that they be relieved of their fear and anger, that they be filled with ease and comfort and develop clear vision.

It will help you - Moment by moment day by day.

When you begin to realize most of the hateful behavior and speech in the world is an ineffective response to fear, real or imagined, it's easy to wish freedom from fear and hatred for others.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
You do not love the nazi, not even person/body identification.

What you love, is the light behind all this 3 appearances !

You see, when you thought that you have separated yourself from God, you discovered many opposites, which are (were) not possible in God.

To get rid of all this unwanted things, you have projected this dark side away from you. This manifested many sick forms, acting out your projections.

But your projection is not the creation of God, which is wholly loveable. Your projecting out your hate, where love should be.

When you start projecting love, you will see that what can not be, has not been.
Until then all what happens deserves your thankfullness, because you can learn what your unloving thoughts were, how to forgive them in the name of the Holy Father, and how to heal the whole world.

So you are thankfull to a Brother, which played a Nazi, because he acted out, for you to see what is not of God.

Projection is not possible without light, and this light is you, and its source is of God.

And this Light you can Love. It heals.

edit on 19/8/2017 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Well, that made a lot of sense. Eye opening in its simplicity and so obvious it's sadly easy to miss when we are all raging against the enemy.
Well done.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Lol, nice playbook for anyone who disagrees with you. Liberals throw that word around like a parrot with Tourrette's...

top topics

join