It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racists, white nationalists and Neo-nazis, oh my

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Racists, white nationalists and Neo-nazis, oh my. America, and thus the world, is on the up-and-up, and we have to talk about what some stupid racist thinks.

Taking the tales and testimonies as they are filtered to us by our intellectual handlers at face value, we can confirm that the general consensus is scared of the rise in hate and hate groups. I don’t blame them. Indeed watching white-nationalists march in the night with torches, chanting “blood and soil” and “white-lives matter” on infinite repeat elicits a visceral reaction, especially if the majority of your life is spent on twitter.

If we tended to gleam our realities from what the media shows us—and what it doesn’t show us—we might be left with the dreadful feeling that these hate-preachers and their tribesmen are on the rise, and in parallel to the rise of Donald Trump.

I feel I should be horrified at the sight of KKK and neo-Nazis marching together, but even I know that hate groups have been marching and rallying for their pseudoscience for decades in the United States. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s “Hate Watch” blog, with archives going back over a decade, protests and rallies held by the KKK, Neo-Nazis, anti-immigration groups, and so on, is a common historical occurrence in the United States.

These groups are deeply reviled. Outside of the relative safety of their clans these folks are pariahs. They get fired from work, beaten in the streets and stabbed for what they believe. So what’s to fear besides losing an opportunity to virtue-signal by shaking our fist at them? Probably their methods. It is all in the familiar way they conduct their activism. They have taken a page from the radical left by their own admission, proving once again that there is little difference between both ends of the spectrum. We should be less than thankful to the identitarians and identity politicians for incentivizing the racists to take part in identity activism, and for bequeathing the methods with which to reach it. But because of that we should ruminate on what Christopher Hitchens said of identity politics:

“From a way of being radical it very swiftly became a way of being reactionary; the Clarence Thomas hearings demonstrated this to all but the most dense and boring and selfish, but then, it was the dense and boring and selfish who had always seen identity politics as their big chance.”

These types of rallies have been occurring for decades and longer, with slim to no results in favour of those groups. In other words, hate groups are as American as apple pie. But believe it or not, there is a bright side to that chilling fact, namely, that such rallies and protests testify not to how racist or evil the country is, but to how free it is. Only in United States are there so many freedoms that even a bloody neo-nazi can enjoy them. God bless America!

But why is the US a divided country now, at this this point in time, and why is it Donald Trump’s fault? It seems correct that the country is divided, at least insofar as Twitter squabbles, street protests and counter-protests are accurate measures of social affairs (and people love their twitter). But so long as people control their own bodies, and Trump isn’t Moses parting the country like he would the Red Sea, the claim that it is Donald Trump’s fault is a whole lot of codswallop.

Evidence of this is in the quote-mining. In the same speech with which Donald Trump condemned “many sides” for their bigotry—and rightfully so—he made a delightful, unifying statement that went as follows:

“Above all else, we must remember this truth: no matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first. We love our country. We love our God. We love our flag. We're proud of our country. We're proud of who we are.”

Of course the talk shows, SNL, the discussion panels never mentioned this; and those who huff the news like they would their own undergarments were left wander around aimlessly on exactly two words of a 614-word speech. These poor people are unable to see reality unless it has been filtered, chopped up just like their mother had to cut their pancakes, and served up in a nice propaganda platter.

Remember when the media took credit for the creation of Donald Trump, claiming it was because, by their good grace, they gave him free advertising?

Then what about someone like David Duke? or Richard Spencer and the Alt-Right? These two figures I hadn’t even heard of until I heard of them from (you guessed it) the media. I certainly didn’t hear about them from Donald Trump. In fact Trump never mentioned these men, nor their hate groups, unless he was forced to repudiate them by (you guessed it) the media. People like Duke and Spencer should be washing dishes in some backwoods cantina, but because of the free advertising, now they are household names. Again Trump never even acknowledged these people or their hate groups until he was forced to. So the question is: how much free advertising has the media given them? How many members has the media helped them accumulate? And will the media take credit for this?

No, the country isn’t divided because of Donald Trump. No, race-relations are not faltering because of Donald Trump. This nonsense is the direct result of the “enemy of the people”, the same people who sensationalize any story so long as it might trend on twitter, the same people who give you one piece of the story so you might forget the rest, the same people who were caught colluding with the opposition party of the current president, and selling conspiracy theories so long as they were lucrative—those of the media.

Thank you for reading,

LesMis.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thank you for saying much more eloquently...what I do poorly. Great mind

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well said.

Only in America is the media so free to have absolute control over their chosen, or rather paid for, narrative. We are supposed to be smart enough to see through it.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Wasn't the media's fault when people spent years saying Obama set back race relations 50 years?

"There is good people in both groups" - DJT

On the subject of white supremacists and fascist "anti fascists"...

Gimme a break.

Oh, denouncing or protesting racism isn't virtue signalling either.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Always look forward to a LesMis thread.

Dropping gems as usual.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Wasn't the media's fault when people spent years saying Obama set back race relations 50 years?

"There is good people in both groups" - DJT

On the subject of white supremacists and fascist "anti fascists"...

Gimme a break.

Oh, denouncing or protesting racism isn't virtue signalling either.

Depends. Countless people upload selfies,videos,clips and what not to Youtube,Twitter and Facebook of every protest they attend. Here look at me i'm doing something really brave please like and share. Virtue signaling is slowly becoming a sports like trend. These numbnuts even make selfies in front of riots.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm slowly clapping as I stand up.

Well written and well worth reading!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
which president allegedly called the people marching with torches "good people" in the past decades their factions have been marching...?

during which presidency have these groups chants included "Heil - insert president name -"

what was the last decade when these groups boldly marched on public roads with lit torches?

which decade, or under what presidency going back to the late 70s has an, alleged, nouveau Nazi committed a terrorist attack in broad sight of the public and law enforcement....?

who was the last president the collective "supremacists" milieu have boldly pledged unequivocal allegiance to?

another verbose defense for the orange one... facts are facts.
yes these groups have always been and may always be, but under which president or how far back can we honestly say they have been least dormant?

more rallies are being announced... and happening as I type.

edit on 18-8-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
which president allegedly called the people marching with torches "good people" in the past decades their factions have been marching...?

during which presidency have these groups chants included "Heil - insert president name -"

what was the last decade when these groups boldly marched on public roads with lit torches?

which decade, or under what presidency going back to the late 70s has an, alleged, nouveau Nazi committed a terrorist attack in broad sight of the public and law enforcement....?

who was the last president the collective "supremacists" milieu have boldly pledged unequivocal allegiance to?

another verbose defense for the orange one... facts are facts.
yes these groups have always been and may always be, but under which president or how far back can we honestly say they have been least dormant?

more rallies are being announced... and happening as I type.

Facts are facts. You could easily answer your own questions yourself. Certainly Don't take my word for it like you would the media's.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So now its not obamas fault anymore that white people are racist, its the medias fault, nice eloquant post to pretty much make more excuses up thanks MIS.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

It will be interesting to see just how free the U. S. Remains when the dust settles from this fiasco.

That was a good post..

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Trump isn't dividing the country? That's laughable. Trump is the most divisive figure to come along in decades. And he's the president. How bad is that for us. His base loves him, everyone else hates him. And do you want to know why he continues to be divisive? Because he *caters to his base*. Obamacare? Congress can't get their sh!t together, so screw those who are on it and let it fail! A Nazi killed a protester at a rally? Both sides were at fault! He's running the country like he ran his businesses - do anything no matter the cost to benefit him. We have a f-ing narcissist as president - when are you 35% (and dropping) going to realize that's not a good combination?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Note how you blame him for someone else supporting him or hating him. That's like saying I'm guilty for your own feelings. I'm not sure how you can square that circle, save through sorcery.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So now its not obamas fault anymore that white people are racist, its the medias fault, nice eloquant post to pretty much make more excuses up thanks MIS.

What about Obama? Oh right, nothing.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Note how you blame him for someone else supporting him or hating him. That's like saying I'm guilty for your own feelings. I'm not sure how you can square that circle, save through sorcery.

No, I blame you for supporting him.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

Supposedly because he "caters to me", and for no other reason. Of course that's something plucked from the pages of the media, and not through any other evidence.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Supposedly because he "caters to me", and for no other reason. Of course that's something plucked from the pages of the media, and not through any other evidence.

No, that's "plucked" from his own actions and words.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Do you often blame others for the ills of your life?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I'm more of a results man myself. I like to think my leaders are mammals, and not Demi-gods capable of dividing a country like Moses would a sea.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I'm more of a results man myself. I like to think my leaders are mammals, and not Demi-gods capable of dividing a country like Moses would a sea.

Results man you say? And you still support Trump? Ok.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join