It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton’s Accusers Demand Removal of Statue in South Dakota

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
because they have statues of all the presidents?? even nixon.
www.presidentsusa.net...

gee, take down clinton and you might as well take them all down. maybe they will auction them off and the late night comedy shows can build up their collections some.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Wouldn't the conservatives be cheering for it? After all they're the ones who believe that he's a rapist. Why have a statue of a rapist?

You believe he isn't?

Didn't say that.

Are you a conservative?

No. Liberals can believe that he is a rapist too. The conservatives are the ones who scream the loudest about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

hehehe...I'm dyin' here!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"They" never thought it would happen !!

Knock it down now.

Knock it down now.

Bring it to heel now.

And while they're at it, we need an intensive auditing of the Clinton Foundation.

(post by jtrenthacker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: darepairman

hehehe...I'm dyin' here!

Can I have your stuff?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Wouldn't the conservatives be cheering for it? After all they're the ones who believe that he's a rapist. Why have a statue of a rapist?

You believe he isn't?

Didn't say that.

Are you a conservative?

No. Liberals can believe that he is a rapist too. The conservatives are the ones who scream the loudest about it.

Ok, just wondering.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The Egyptians did it in ancient times. They defaced and destroyed statues and writings of ancestors that they hated or thought were lesser of them, mostly through scandals, mis-information and self-righteous greed.

We recently observed it in the wretched, stupid ISIS destruction of ancient monuments and even entire establishments.

These are now lost to our history forever. All we have are rumors how some of our ancestors lived, and questions why they did this....

And yet, we do it to ourselves now.

In the modified imortal words from Doc Holliday in "Tombstone"...

"It appears our hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Considering how advanced we are in comparison...In my words:

"We have to be the stupidest global generation in History."

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

You believe he isn't?

Didn't say that.

Are you a conservative?

Ok, just wondering.

To answer your question, no I don't believe that he is a rapist. But what do I know? I could be wrong. I despite rapists. If he is a rapist then lock him away and throw away the key. And the statue should be removed and destroyed.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You believe he isn't?

Didn't say that.

Are you a conservative?

Ok, just wondering.

To answer your question, no I don't believe that he is a rapist. But what do I know? I could be wrong. I despite rapists. If he is a rapist then lock him away and throw away the key. And the statue should be removed and destroyed.

So why beat around the bush?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You believe he isn't?

Didn't say that.

Are you a conservative?

Ok, just wondering.

I wasn't. I was commenting that the conservatives should be happy to have the statue removed and destroyed because he is a rapist as many conservatives here have been screaming.
ETA - to be clear I made that post because of all the thread about the "leftists" wanting statues removed and destroyed.
edit on 8/18/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
No statues period. At least, not of a human. The mere sight of another human can be most offensive to the senses. An abstract form most pleasing would be preffered, but...

The main thing is, there can be no human heroes, no powerful villians, no role models, just victims only will be the new role models, the new heroes, etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You believe he isn't?

Didn't say that.

Are you a conservative?

Ok, just wondering.

I wasn't. I was commenting that the conservatives should be happy to have the statue removed and destroyed because he is a rapist as many conservatives here have been screaming.
ETA - to be clear I made that post because of all the thread about the "leftists" wanting statues removed and destroyed.

It took you three posts to answer my initial question.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Why dont we simply force those who want historical statues to pay to HOUSE them inside a structure out of THE PUBLIC DOMAIN.....full stop......or we will remove them and 86 em as a public nusiance.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You believe he isn't?

Didn't say that.

Are you a conservative?

Ok, just wondering.

It took you three posts to answer my initial question.

Yes because I am not the topic of discussion.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
No statues period. At least, not of a human. The mere sight of another human can be most offensive to the senses. An abstract form most pleasing would be preffered, but...

The main thing is, there can be no human heroes, no powerful villians, no role models, just victims only will be the new role models, the new heroes, etc.

That's how AI, genetic therapy, implants and other will slowly change us. Small incremental changes. The same thing happens with our culture, our words, our habits and so forth.

It happens bit by bit so nearly nobody notices. Ray Kurzweil said something similar. He said imagine if each atom in your body was (slowly) replaced by an artificial atom, one by one. You wouldn't notice the change, until eventually your entire body--and mind--is artificial.

I suspect in the future humans will be different from us, more perfect, and think we're bigoted, ignorant and unhealthy. They will perceive all the changes yet to occur as necessary and desirable.

Note I think if Bill Clinton is guilty of rape and justice wasn't served then it should be. But whether his statue comes down or not should be a democratic vote. It shouldn't be protesters doing it.
edit on 8/19/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Profound comment. I'll be thinking about it for a long time.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I had posted this in another thread, but this one seems appropriate as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

LOL at Bill's hand gesture. "I once had a cigar this big."

If you are going to tear that one own...tear them all down.

Big Boy should be next. He's been asking for it.

edit on 8/19/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The Egyptians did it in ancient times. They defaced and destroyed statues and writings of ancestors that they hated or thought were lesser of them, mostly through scandals, mis-information and self-righteous greed.

Interesting but some of that is not correct. In more recent times, Christian Egyptians defaced and broke statues and monuments and temples to "pagan gods." During the Egyptian empire, the only images that were defaced were those of criminals.

Akhenaten was the only pharaoh to suffer damnato memori. Hatshepsut was obscured (but no major effort to erase her) to give Thutmose III's heir legitimacy. But he didn't tear down her burial site or memorial temple.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join