It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Chose a Side-You Already Lost

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm a pretty straight "Die Partei" partisan.

www.die-partei.de...

Murikkkans have 2 colours of KKK and think that's politics, which is highly amusing on it's own. Amateurs...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Murikkkans have 2 colours of KKK and think that's politics, which is highly amusing on it's own. Amateurs...

Based on media coverage, that would certainly seem to be the image portrayed. Anecdotally, I've had 3 conversations this week on the current hot button issue. All 3 were differing points of view from my own and there were no punches exchanged nor did it get heated nor were fingers pointed. Alas, that's not represented anywhere and i doubt I'm the only one.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Hm... vacation in The Netherlands I see? How was it, besides from the good conversations?

Kidding, I have a few Murikkkan friends as well. Just messing with your narrow political spectrum and your depressing OP, that's all.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: intrptr

"Democracy is the best political system of slavery ever invented. In a democracy, the slaves believe that they are "free" and have a "voice" in their affairs. Thus, they are willing slaves and, as such, the possibility of a revolt is much less than in an overt system of slavery." - Christopher S Hyatt, 'The Psychopath's Bible'

Add cities, fiat currency and eternal debt, then stir the slaves against each other in mock battles over who's right:

left or right?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So what do I do with My "I'm with Stupid" tee shirt?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Depends on the direction of the arrow I suppose. There is an arrow...right?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Does Vote or Die means I'm already dead?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I sometimes think they all have to be paid shills. There's no way that there are this many close-minded, binary thought patterned individuals.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Add cities, fiat currency and eternal debt, then stir the slaves against each other in mock battles over who's right:

left or right?

Neither? Was that a choice?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

There may have been up to last years US presidential election but now? When I see someone hyper partisan and on a site such as ATS, I just assume it's a trolling account.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

There may have been up to last years US presidential election but now? When I see someone hyper partisan and on a site such as ATS, I just assume it's a trolling account.
hmmmm... Idk, after seeing what they can do now with a room full of computers and people, I am almost starting to believe that they are manipulating all social media. I may need to go make a hat. BRB, buying tin foil.
edit on 19-8-2017 by KnoxMSP because: Punc.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Hehe, fair enough. Just remember that hat is removable for a reason! Best of luck.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

originally posted by: intrptr

left or right?

Neither? Was that a choice?

No, I was adding to that outstanding quote you provided, as in-- we aren't united and revolting against the P that B, because we are divided against one another in mock 'left vs. right' battles.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The arrow is pointed in a downward angle and doubles as a yardstick... hahaha

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Sorry I missed your reply...to answer:

Neither...if you've chosen a side you've already lost!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Fair enough!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Sorry I missed your reply...to answer:

Neither...if you've chosen a side you've already lost!

We have been conditioned to choosing sides and infighting ever since grade school. They called it sports.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It also tends to be human nature just like animals who live in heards or hunt in packs. We have only evolved so much and with the way kids are being brought up these days it isn't going to get better in that regard.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

It also tends to be human nature just like animals who live in heards or hunt in packs.

Actually pack hunters work together, unlike teams in sports that compete against each other.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Great thread, OP. I made mistakes few years ago, when I didn't know better, I chose a side and always defended it.

The problem with that is, your chosen side, sooner or later, will do something stupid. And if you choose to defend it then, with whatever mental gymanstics you have to, you'll be stuck in a cycle of defending it, at the same time lying to yourself that what they're doing is okay and justifiable. You'll have keep on doing that, basically trapping yourself in a echo chamber, or don't do it and look like a hypocrite, OR admit you were wrong, which for most people is the hardest thing.

I've learned from that. Now I can't blanket choose a side and defend it. Because they will ALWAYS do something stupid. That's how people are.

Now I try to surround myself with differing opinions in all of my social media. I follow people from all sides, yet I always avoid radicals and people who indulge themselves in emotionalism. This tactic works for me pretty well. It keeps me centered (not necessarily on a political spectrum), and helps me see how ridiculous people truly are when they let emotions take control over logic, even on a site like this.
edit on 2017-8-20 by gmacev because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join