It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Chose a Side-You Already Lost

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh c'mon, you know we should burn down Auschwitz. It's embarrassing to Germans and likely makes Jews feel really bad when they visit, and I'll bet it offends a few other groups because not enough attention is paid to how they also got murdered there.

Nevermind that it's there so we don't forget all that happened and there is a good reason for Germans to be embarrassed and sad and Jews to be upset and all that other stuff ...
edit on 18-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I believe this belongs in the outrageous claims and theories forum, the Liberals are right and if you challenge them we will destroy you physically and mentally, because we have the moral high ground.

Some moral high ground, scraping the bottom of the barrel.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wouldn't doubt that many, myself included, really cared either way. Fringe elements within our society have been given a platform do spout their nonsense and the media is equally complicit. It forces us, or to choose, to go deeper within the political identity.

We saw this last year. With every outrages claim the media made, it forces the opposite side to defend something that they might otherwise feel fairly indifferent on.

OFF TOPIC:

Just saw the episode from where your signature comes from. I think I'm now a fan!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: toysforadults
I believe this belongs in the outrageous claims and theories forum, the Liberals are right and if you challenge them we will destroy you physically and mentally, because we have the moral high ground.

Some moral high ground, scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I guess that would depend on what they call "Morals"

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I would agree with that assessment. The current government is not representative of the majority of Americans, and that's been for quite awhile now.

That person down the road isn't the enemy.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why would anyone want that to happen though???

A total breakdown of society like that would be complete hell.

Massive amounts of people would starve and get murdered at random by opportunists and people willing to do anything just to survive another day or two.

After a while the piles of bodies would bring a horrible stench and disease everywhere.

It would take a very long time for society to regain any sort of what we would consider normal or even acceptable.

I think change is possible without going to that extreme first.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't think anyone said they wanted it, but we were saying in today's "kept" society, it's the only way to wake people up to what it really important.

link   

Are you saying that all Trump supporters are white supremacists? You really cannot tell the difference?

Absolutely not and I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

But since you guys get to constantly claim the ANTIFA are not all the left, then white supremacists are not all the right because they're not.

Again, when did I claim any of this? You can't just put other people's words in my mouth. Just because I don't like Trump doesn't mean I'm part of the liberal hivemind.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Why would anyone want that to happen though???

A total breakdown of society like that would be complete hell.

Massive amounts of people would starve and get murdered at random by opportunists and people willing to do anything just to survive another day or two.

After a while the piles of bodies would bring a horrible stench and disease everywhere.

It would take a very long time for society to regain any sort of what we would consider normal or even acceptable.

I think change is possible without going to that extreme first.

You are correct. It will be hell.

And it is inevitable. The only unknown is the timing.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well do you prefer to keep the current system intact? Well believe me, you will never see change. With the way things are going, it will only get worse.

As the saying goes nothing last forever, eventually everything has to fall.

After the collapse of the economy, people will demand that Democrats and Republicans to either do real changes or get dissolved and allow new and better parties to take their place.

It will also end identity politics because then many of these radical college leftists will realize that that there are more important things to do than acting like children.

edit on 8/18/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This is no longer a republic nor is it run democratically.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"Democracy is the best political system of slavery ever invented. In a democracy, the slaves believe that they are "free" and have a "voice" in their affairs. Thus, they are willing slaves and, as such, the possibility of a revolt is much less than in an overt system of slavery." - Christopher S Hyatt, 'The Psychopath's Bible'

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Save
Lyrics
There are those who think that life
Has nothing left to chance
A host of holy horrors
To direct our aimless dance

A planet of playthings
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive
The stars aren't aligned
Or the gods are malign

Blame is better to give than receive

You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill

I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose free will

There are those who think that
They've been dealt a losing hand
The cards were stacked against them
They weren't born in Lotus-Land

All preordained
A prisoner in chains
A victim of venomous fate

Kicked in the face
You can't pray for a place
In heaven's unearthly estate

In some celestial voice

I will choose free will

Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt
That's far too fleet

In some celestial voice

I will choose free will
Songwriters: GEDDY LEE, ALEX LIFESON, NEIL PEART
© OLE MEDIA MANAGEMENT LP

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I don't need to check your threads, your line in the sand has been drawn with your posts.

Not trying to be rude btw.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Judging by the state of society, quite possibly sooner rather than later.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It's this sarcastic? or are you actually stupid enough to believe that?

Jaden

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

No partisans? Seems more like mostly partisans.

But ya once you pick any mass social group so begins the human nature of irrational self deception and us vs them suspicion against outsiders. Its how the human brain works when it comes to groups, where the larger the group the more profound the effect. And this effect can and is used for true mind control.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That's why I'm on the side of Trump and common sense. It's obvious to anyone with eyes, that more than one group was armed and ready for bear, there in Charlotssville.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

My opinion is that the deep partisanship as seen on ATS is more defensive than offensive. There are a few exceptions however. Reactions to BS, lies, rhetoric etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What about those on both sides of the fence that were there to protest the statue being taken down?

The white nationalists were in Charlottesville to protest the city’s plan to remove that statue, and counterdemonstrators were there to oppose them.

www.nytimes.com...

This is the cut and dry narrative from the NYT of all places. ONLY white nationalists and ONLY counterprotesters. Either or, black white, us them, good evil. lalalalalalalala

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join