It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Chose a Side-You Already Lost

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Politics. By their nature are divisive. Quote any cliche` to the point here to accentuate the point. The thing about politics is that they appear, on the surface, to be all inclusive and representative of the constituents that make up each party. This however, given human nature, could never be the case. No one institution could possibly cater to billions of individuals.

In the U.S. we have two main political parties. Over time, the majority of values that would make up those two dinosaurs have evolved, changed completely and some would say switched completely. From that we can extrapolate that parties are not institutions as they are made out to be. If not, then that opens the argument back up to say that they are simply representative of a cultures changing views, right? Well, no.

PACs exists to fund these groups. Organizations outside of the party that provide monetary, marketing and public relations support, among many other things. Small businesses if you will. Those businesses can be profitable, some not in the traditional sense but nonetheless, there is compensation in the end. So where is this going?

End result is that those two, arguably 4 parties, couldn't possibly represent even their largest of donors, let alone the mass of the voting base, and yet, those are the choices. Along with their views and debt to PACS and donators. This translates to what we have today. Americans V Americans, in the streets, on the internet battling it out in verbal and physical confrontation. Boxed into one or the other side of this institution that does not represent them other than lip service.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and state my opinion that there are NO PARTISANS, truly, here on ATS. Not one person who can categorically identify with each policy and action that claims to represent them. Furthermore, there is cause and evidence that folks vote against their own interests for sake of party. It's the ultimate dupe. I should know, I voted for Obama in 2008 and Trump. I'm still on the fence as to where our current administration will lead but in my eyes it is clear that there are too many hands on deck trying to dictate the course, in especially troubling seas. Regardless of where my position is, it is not an all encompassing position.

In closing, we are being forced. By media, politics, peer pressure and social conformity to choose a side, regardless of abstract thought and belief. Compromise does exists, not only on this forum but in our personal lives. We do it everyday, that is not reflected in any government institution or party. Narrow your paint brush folks, and don't look at the sun on the day of the eclipse! You may realize how insignificant all this really is.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I believe this belongs in the outrageous claims and theories forum, the Liberals are right and if you challenge them we will destroy you physically and mentally, because we have the moral high ground.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This is why as I stated multiple times, the only way we are going to see real change is when the economy collapse. That event will be catalyst for people to demand change.

I may not like Bannon and I disagree with his methods but he may have a point when he said that the old order need to be torn down in order for things to improve.
edit on 8/18/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I believe this belongs in the outrageous claims and theories forum, the Liberals are right and if you challenge them we will destroy you physically and mentally, because we have the moral high ground.

That didn't take long at all

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No.

They don't have a moral anything. What they have is control of the press and the educational institutions. So they shape what people think.

There is a huge difference between that and any kind of moral high ground. Give them enough time and pedophilia becomes the moral high ground.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

My point is how can you not choose a side when one of the sides is violently forcing their ideas onto you?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's crazy how now that Trump has denounced both sides his supporters are doing the same. Check the threads a few weeks ago and you won't see that you'll see liberals being the problem with everything wrong.

Just goes to show that Trump supporters are like a herd of sheep going where the shepherd (and his dog) want them to go.
edit on 8/18/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

LOL.

The left is right there knee deep in the SNIP as the right is.

As if.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Liberals. Could you point those out on an individual basis and provide factual information that their beliefs align identically to the platform?

You are demonizing an entire group. What you probably meant to say is that there are people who believe in "x" so are assuming that Y and Z are also applicable, therefore an enemy.

Logical fallacy called faulty generalization. It's rampant, and trendy but still wrong and does nothing to promote healthy discussion. Why do you think that is?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Oh stop it with your bs.

You know who and what I am talking about.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I think you belong in the outrageous claims and theories forum.

And what with all this "we" business when talking about Liberals anyway?? Who are you speaking for exactly??? First you say "them" and then it's "we". Who are you talking about and where do you think you fit in??

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

a reply to: RomeByFire

My point is how can you not choose a side when one of the sides is violently forcing their ideas onto you?

Who is violently forcing something on you?

No offense, but you should take that up with local law enforcement, the church, idk, not ATS

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Are you saying that all Trump supporters are white supremacists? You really cannot tell the difference?

Both the ANTIFA types who showed up to counter protest through violence and intimidation and the white supremacists who showed up prepared to violently push back caused problems. No one is innocent in that.

But since you guys get to constantly claim the ANTIFA are not all the left, then white supremacists are not all the right because they're not. If you look, there are maybe ... couple hundred? If I'm feeling generous. Even the media accounts admit their numbers were pathetic.

Not even the Southern Poverty Law Center, a hate group in and of themselves, can claim to be tracking any more then 8,500 total confirmed KKK members in the entire US.

But, of course, every Trump supporter is part of the issue ... Dream on.

link   

I choose my side.

My side is Anti-Authoritarianism. It does matter if it is a Leftest Boot or a Rightest Boot on your neck. Any side that tries to control speech, opinion, and even your thoughts is not on my side.

Currently, that description most describes the Progressive movement.

edit on 18-8-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

What change do you think is going to happen if the economy crashes???

Other than total chaos that is???

That won't be anything you'll want to be around for if it happens BTW.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It's crazy how now that Trump has denounced both sides his supporters are doing the same. Check the threads a few weeks ago and you won't see that you'll see liberals being the problem with everything wrong.

Just goes to show that Trump supporters are like a herd of sheep going where the shepherd (and his dog) want them to go.

Interesting. You think this post is indicative of some political narrative? Check my threads, as I've asked you to do before, to highlight your opinion of me.

It's your choice if you want to be part of the problem. Claim moral highground and walk out of the discussion. Why is that prevalent?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Oh stop it with your bs.

You know who and what I am talking about.

No, indeed I do not. I talk and converse with many on this forum of differing beliefs and views and if the discussion transpires, it's usually positive and ends well. Why can't this translate anywhere else? Or does it but is not trendy?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you saying that all Trump supporters are white supremacists?

That is what they say.

Before eight months ago they said all muslims weren't terrorists.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: starwarsisreal

What change do you think is going to happen if the economy crashes???

Other than total chaos that is???

That won't be anything you'll want to be around for if it happens BTW.

For one thing, it will put people on a survival footing again and they will learn what is truly important and also how to depend on themselves and each other.

We have lost sight of that community, working together. Those who learn will make it. Those who persist in this little island that all that matters in the world is that someone looked at them funny and ate watermelon and it made them feel bad because obviously it had to be racial statement ... will not survive.

We are like children fighting over who can and cannot pierce their tongues and wear tats while our house is burning down. At the end of the day, it won't matter who wins that fight because we won't have a house anymore to live in and might even have burned to death.

But 'grats! You get to be a burned up corpse with a stud.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I agree.

Like I said in another thread. . .

The really frustrating all of this is that before this all started, I could have cared less about the confederacy. I always associated the flag with racism. The statues I just saw and acknowledged but never gave them any thought.

I didn't really care. Yeah, I knew enough about history, had read books on the subject. The civil war happened. The good guys won. Move on.

Now with this growing trend of eliminating every aspect of anything that some asshole find offensive, I find myself defending something I never really liked.

And while I don't like it, I know that it is important that we keep it, I understand the historical impact.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join