It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate Flag 'Looking' Tiles to be Changed in NY Subway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Next, SJW's will complain that the colors 'Red, White & Blue' on any flag make them think of the confederacy and racists.
They'll demand any flag with those colors be taken down and burned....or maybe put in a museum.
edit on 18-8-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: IAMTAT

Are we gonna have to just take the X out of the alphabet next? Good god this is stupid.

Do we really need a letter X?

An X usually means not used.

X marks the spot.

Maybe it was a treasure map.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm well aware of what they're attempting. This is going to cause some serious culture crashing and it's only getting worse. I've never seen it this bad world wide before at the same time. It's a worry.
edit on 18-8-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

I saw combines harvesting cotton a couple of days ago. No protesters though. Well, it has been a bit hot, around 100 degrees.

You didn't destroy it?

Obvious enabler.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

"They" also used an M1 Abrahams tank to pull down Saddams statue in Iraq, blew up a Big Buddha statue in Afghanistan, and destroyed cultural artifacts in Syria.

Erasing history is part of the lesson history teaches us. A few generations from now, the most of the people in those countries will be ignorant of their past, how they got re programmed.

But don't discuss that, argue about racism, slavery and statues. Discuss election fraud, gay rights, abortion, and health care.

lulz. To bad I can't get plugged back into the Matrix.

edit on 18-8-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Notice how they used other countries as a test run first to see how people would react and what to expect before screwing with their own?

They're all nuts!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: intrptr

REALLY?
Feeling 'triggered' and offended by obscure subway tile designs...because they "look" like little confederate flags ?

No, because the confederate flag is a reminder of when large numbers of Americans rebelled against the uS gubment. That history is to expunged from the official record.

And the subway tiles are representations of the confederate flag? You do realize that the letter "X" is now at risk. This will be a conundrum for the gender sh!theads who want everyone to use "Xe" depending on how they feel at a given moment.
I recommend a spiral to be called "the letter formerly known as ex"

A thousand stars for you. I almost choked to death on my coffee when I read that last bit.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: network dude

I saw combines harvesting cotton a couple of days ago. No protesters though. Well, it has been a bit hot, around 100 degrees.

You didn't destroy it?

Obvious enabler.

Yes, guilty. I like my cotton shirts and jeans.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoDumb
a reply to: Meldionne1

a reply to: evc1shop

Idk if you guys are sympathizers, or not (don't care).

But being from New York, and having seen this before I'll give you this picture that helps convey what it's supposed to be.
(The highlighted orange part)
imgur.com...

It's literally the intersection at Time Square.

I'm assuming who complained isn't from New York based on the location, and how much time someone from New York using that subway would have to actually complain about this. SJW suck, but tourism is what this is about. People that live there would find out eventually what it is and aren't a problem.

I, like you, am a do not care. I am not easily triggered by something that I have seen my whole life. Thanks for putting the image up, i see what they wanted it to be.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Actually its been done before in the states with Indigenous Natives. See Indian Charter schools of America.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'll admit.. This is just dumb.

I won't be surprised if we see a few more situations like this. Minorities are terrified and on edge due to the recent climate.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I guess they better ban St. Andrews cross now, that is pretty much what the Confederate battle flag was based on since so many people in the South were of Scotch-Irish descent.

But then again, would'nt that offend the Scots since St. Andrews Cross is their flag as well? I mean really where does this symbol nonsense end.

If only people knew that there were MANY flags that the Confederacy used, not just the standard battle flag. I had a solid blue flag with a white star in the middle on one of my old bikes. Nobody ever recognized that as the very first Confederate flag "Bonnie Blue".

They would go crazy and then just ban all peices of cloth if only they knew.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

There was a reason the confederate "battle flag" was adopted long after the civil war to represent those states..

In the late 1940s, the flag was adopted as a symbol of the Dixiecrats — a political party devoted to, among other things, maintaining segregation. They also opposed President Harry S. Truman’s proposals to instate anti-discrimination laws and make lynching a federal crime. Some of the Dixiecrats went so far as to declare their commitment to “white supremacy,” according to The Confederate Battle Flag: America’s Most Embattled Emblem by John M. Coski. Coski writes that though the Dixiecrats soon faded into obscurity, their campaigns “made the flag a fixture in places where it had been only a novelty before.” Coski gives the example of the University of Mississippi, which he notes rarely used the battle flag as a symbol prior to 1948. He says the university began heavily incorporating the symbol into school activities and events a few months after students protested against Truman’s civil rights proposals. Notably, Ole Miss is the same institution that erupted into riots in 1962 when the federal government insisted that the school accept a black student.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Please tell me that that they are going to make the tiles look more like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join