It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate Flag 'Looking' Tiles to be Changed in NY Subway

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
REALLY?
Feeling 'triggered' and offended by obscure subway tile designs...because they "look" like little confederate flags ?

The MTA insists the motif has absolutely nothing to do with the flag, slavery, the KKK...or anything else, besides indicating Times Square is nicknamed
"Crossroads of the World".

C'mon, folks. Lets all just admit that SJWs are going waaaaay overboard here.
Now, skewed perception is becoming reality, where tearing down things people choose to be offended by?

Super Slippery Slope!

NEW YORK (FOX5NY) - The MTA says it is going to "modify" tiles in a Manhattan subway station that people have complained look like Confederate Flags. The pattern of tiles have been in the Times Square station for almost 100 years.

The architects are said to have installed them to pay homage to the Southern roots of former New York Times newspaper head Adolph S. Ochs.

The MTA has claimed the tiles actually are meant to honor Times Square’s nickname as the "Crossroads of the World" and are not Confederate Flags.

In a statement to Fox 5 News the MTA says: "These are not confederate flags, it is a design based on geometric forms that represent the "Crossroads of the World" and to avoid absolutely any confusion we will modify them to make that absolutely crystal clear."

www.fox5ny.com...
edit on 18-8-2017 by IAMTAT because: photo added

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This has gone passed insane.

What's going on???

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Regression at it's best.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hopefully they put little depictions of Mao so that they can remember their little cultural revolution.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I can tell you from firsthand experience that those subways need major work that does not include the tiles.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
I can tell you from firsthand experience that those subways need major work that does not include the tiles.

No. THIS is more important than safety.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Excallibacca

No. THIS is more important than safety.

Feelings could be hurt!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just when you think the ministry of truth can't get any more retarded.

They actually manage to lower the bar yet again.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I wonder when they are gonna ban Bugs Bunny.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You know what? I am going to buy a confederate flag on my way home from work today.

I am not using it as a symbol of hate, or slavery. I am not going to display it as a nod to southern ideals of limited federal government and heightened individual rights.

No..... I'm going to display it as a token of how much I hate SJW's and their relentless war against everything that ruffles their jimmies.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
now THAT is a little silly even to me, and I'm on the side of sure remove the statues etc.... and put them in a proper museum.

Can they compromise and maybe just change the red triangles that form the square to green tiles???
They shouldn't have to do anything honestly .
SIlly.

-Alee
edit on 8/18/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well this is just perfect, we recently put up new curtains with a very similar pattern. I guess I had better take them down before I get branded as a racist and have Nazi spray painted on my house.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
You know what? I am going to buy a confederate flag on my way home from work today.

I am not using it as a symbol of hate, or slavery. I am not going to display it as a nod to southern ideals of limited federal government and heightened individual rights.

No..... I'm going to display it as a token of how much I hate SJW's and their relentless war against everything that ruffles their jimmies.

This whole thing has me wondering where I could find myself some kind of confederate flag suit...

edit on 18-8-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainyState
Well this is just perfect, we recently put up new curtains with a very similar pattern. I guess I had better take them down before I get branded as a racist and have Nazi spray painted on my house.

That would be best.
Thank you for complying.
HERE is your 'See, I Am Not A Racist' lapel pin from the Ministry of Culture.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
When I saw that picture of the tracks crossing on a field of red tile, I, being a railroading fan and model railroader, immediately thought the artist of the tiles was trying to convey a symbol of a station, and crossroads and it also reminded me of the old style railroad lanterns like this one: Lantern Picture

I had never once thought it was anything even remotely related to a confederate flag. Wow, what a stretch.. so how do they find the man-hours and $ to do this removal when so many more higher priority items in the scope of the MTA need addressing?
edit on 18-8-2017 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
geez...talk about "triggered" and "bubbleland".....removing confederate symbols from government properties, has all of you right-wingers talking about "the others" wanting to kill all white people, along with trump comparing George Washington with Jefferson Davis.....

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It appears that our country is in the midst of a cranial rectosis epidemic

i hope thing improve soon

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

Any idea where I can get a statue of Robert E. Lee flipping the bird?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Just paint it black. Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Isn't that the railroad symbol ?

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join