It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since When?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There is only one way to stop hatred and racism. It isn't rioting and violence.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

“Give them a platform. You challenge them. But you don’t challenge them rudely or violently. You do it politely and intelligently. And when you do things that way chances are they will reciprocate and give you a platform.”

Over time Davis has collected a garage-full of ceremonial robes given to him by friends who no longer hold their prejudicial beliefs. Rather than get rid of them, Davis intends to use items to start a “Museum of the Klan,” noting the importance of a nation confronting its history.

edit on 18-8-2017 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

If you are interpreting what people say however you wish, then you are willfully ignoring what is actually said. If you are going to do that, you might as well just make up words to put in peoples mouths, too.

In other words: your inability or refusal to understand doesn't change what is said.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

And no matter how you feel, the first amendment doesn't protect you from criticism.

You are correct.
Criticize away.

Let's stop assuming that every person critical of white nationalism is condoning violence or changing the laws.

You are welcome to.
I do not assume that.
I do not support white nationalism/neo nazis/alt right/ect or whatever other label you would like to use that pushes up one race based on skin color.

Do you think that every Not-Nazi is an anarchist with a baseball bat?

No, have I posted such?

Just because I support the right of any idiot to follow the legal process and demonstrate/protest/rally/ect does not mean I support the ideals they are attempting to progress.

disagreeing with someone does not make that person a nazi

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: olaru12

"I wonder" and "i bet".....

AKA: im making this up just so i can post something

Well, it is a conspiracy site and politics, ideologies, and religions are some of the biggest conspiracies I can think of.

How can I "deny ignorance" if I can't pose questions and create suppositions? Didn't mean to upset you...
edit on 18-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You mean the actual Nazi Party that ran Germany is still alive and funding stuff in the USA?

They obviously don't mean people like Soros.

That nazi collaborator funding Antifa.

In that respect yeah some are still alive.

But that is not the object of the demogoguery of the topic.

Natzee's R bad.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Please please stop using Nationalism and Supremacy in the same sentence.
Nationalism and Supremacy are very different
Probably 90% of the planet are nationalists to some degree, whether Russian Korean Japanese or French and indeed most Americans appear to be exactly that, proud of their country, want to see their country thrive etc NOT supremacists who believe a particular race is superior to another and often want a segregated country containing only the supreme race. Many countries have nationalist policies that doesn't make them supremacists.

As many American Blacks appear to now want segregation voluntarily, separate Unions separate Graduation ceremonies, separate Colleges & Universities, could it not be said that they are in fact supremacists too?

From what I've read and heard, your President whom so many of you show so little respect, is a Nationalist at heart and not a supremacist. I have not seen or heard anything that says he values the beliefs of supremacists in any way. There is nothing wrong with being a nationalist..until it spills over into supremacy and superiority

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If you can teach a Nazi civil obedience, I don't mind them.

In fact, I don't care if they're nationalists either. They can hate China, Africa and Europe, that's fine with me.

But if they hate on a Chinese-American inside our boarders, or display this hate against someone locally, in a racist way,

then in my mind they're a terrorist and need to be snuffed. Hurting other American's isn't 'nationalist', it's queer.

Same goes for Muslims that move to America. America is #1, I don't care if you hate everything about Western Culture, if you move to America, you get on the "American" program, or you get out. This includes being able to keep your ideology and culture, but respecting the foundations of others.

For the adults of the World, Nazis ended with Germany. Ideals was not what made them Nazi's, and this new National Group aren't Nazis either. It was Genocide. If Genocide occurs(btw, that Car BS is pretty close), call them Nazis, because everything politically the Nazis did was dirty, but nothing any different than a Tuesday at the capital. These Queers doing the 'Hail' salute are only expressing they will willingly kill themselves for this cause by flagging similar to the Nazi hail, a form of mutual knowledge is being expressed, they are doing it because they are scared, and want to see who feels the same. But does this make them Nazis?

No. It's not something you can just self-ascribe to in reality. To put it another way,

they wish they were Nazis. Calling them it won't help.
edit on 18-8-2017 by SoDumb because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: olaru12

You didn't upset me. I just wanted to call BS on you making up a story to slur your political opponents with.

link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Look up "white nationalism". It's not just nationalists who are also white guys. It's its own thing. Old term, going back ages. It's not a new thing and it's a real term.

So yes, white nationalism and white supremacy are mostly overlapped in ideology.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Dude, you are missing the point, I agree with free speech regardless, though one side will always lose out to the majority weight of opinion.

Many have learned since WW2 that it is wrong to tell people how to live their lives within reason, some wish to still dictate that's fine but the opposition will be immense.

Nothing to do with the media, The Nazis can say what they like, though people will be there to counteract what they say regardless and many do it without the media telling them to.

Perhaps you need to take a break from the media conspiracy stuff for a minute, less and less listen to the media nowadays without researching for themselves just what is what....well an increasing number are.

If you want to talk media, the damage is done, whether you realise it or not it has had its influence for a long time in our lives, there are many who are failing to factor it out, as their earliest views have been shaped by it, however specifically relating to the events of last weekend it is the Christian view of non persecution of people from where ever they herald which would strike a chord with the mountainous opposition to Charlottesville and the old do onto others as you wish others do unto you (sorry not religious so wording may be off) which if we are honest is pretty sound advice, no media manipulation required to make a decision to oppose something out of human decency is it.

This is why I say freedom of speech has a price and the price is responsibility, we can all go outside our front door right now and say I hate all brunette people, as they are conspiring to take all our jobs, however I also know that wouldn't be well received by pretty much anyone passing me as I say it, especially the brunettes, which I am one, so I would even be opposing myself.

Yeah okay a little contrived and extreme but hey, I'm trying to make a point.

We all have to think very carefully about what we say to certain people from time to time, it is a very natural filter we use often...unless we really have had enough of out pig headed boss from hell and choose to tell them exactly that.

Though more often than not it is closely followed by your p45 (the sack).

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Abysha

I think most here agree with you on hating nazis and white supremacists.

But you do have to think about the first amendment. If we try to silence them, who's next? Remember, we allow the Westboro Baptist Church to exist and speak in public as well. I really don't like them any better.

The first amendment doesn't have anything to do with me or you "silencing" anyone.

It only has to do with the government, specifically Congress, not passing any laws to restrict our free speech.

So when you bring up the 1st amendment to defend the Nazis...it really just seems like an excuse to defend Nazis.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: solargeddon

If you are interpreting what people say however you wish, then you are willfully ignoring what is actually said. If you are going to do that, you might as well just make up words to put in peoples mouths, too.

In other words: your inability or refusal to understand doesn't change what is said.

Words are always interpreted by those who receive them, if the communicator wishes there to be no room for subjectivity, then it is their responsibility to be explicit, so as not to misrepresented.

Come on Furry, you know this to be true and it is a point which neither you or I could ever reach a definitive agreement, as I could just as easily have written your response if the argument was reversed.

There is validity in what I posted and you know it.
edit on 492017FridaypmFri, 18 Aug 2017 14:08:49 -05002America/Chicago182017 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Again..someone who's understanding of the 1st amendment is flawed.

Here is the text...just in case you don't remember what you are actually trying to defend.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SoDumb

But if they hate on a Chinese-American inside our boarders, or display this hate against someone locally, in a racist way,

They can hate who ever the hell they want.

Goes for both left and right.

As guaranteed by the 14th amendment.

The only caveat is when the action violates existing law.

From there it goes to courts of law and crimes be proved beyond all reasonable doubt.

RIGHTS also guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Please please stop using Nationalism and Supremacy in the same sentence.

They are not mutually exclusive. That sounds as bad as those who say you cant be black and racist.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Nope, hate is the issue.

Anyone trying to claim they're a Nationalist, and hurt people with "American" in their citizenship status are TERRORIST.

Obviously your right to Hate is there Neo. It also immediately makes you Unamerican and carries heavy consequence if acted on.

You want to make it Left/Right, it's basically simpler than that, it's fascism vs diversity.

American is DIVERSITY, NOT FASCISM.
edit on 18-8-2017 by SoDumb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SoDumb

Actually that is the way it IS.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

HATERS gonna HATE and there is not a damn thing you or anyone else can do about it.

It's a constitutionally protected RIGHT.

LIFE,LIBERTY and EQUAL PROTECTION.

Doesn't matter WHO it is.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm talking about hypocrisy here try to focus.

Haters exist, look at you.

You aren't claiming to be a nationalist though.

I'll claim to this; does this make me a Nazi?

You can't level with me in the conversation, so there isn't much room to continue it when you cannot address it.

The point is if they want to hate that's fine, better stop being 'nationalists' though. That hurts reputation of true patriots.

link   
I just find it amazing that the people here on ATS are fine defending Nazis "free speech", but at the same time condemn ANTIFA for exercising their "free speech" in opposition of Nazis.

Free speech does not mean you get a platform to say whatever you want and everyone else just has to sit quietly and listen to you.

If you are against counter protests against Nazis, and your biggest argument against them is "they didn't have a permit"...you are very transparent in your real motives.

link   
So where are people getting the idea that there is support for white nationalism outside of the few people holding the rally?

Pretty much everyone on the planet, including Trump, has denounced them.

You will find people who believe any group with a legal permit has the right to hold a peaceful rally. Including me. And including the chief of police there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join