It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since When?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Abysha

I think most here agree with you on hating nazis and white supremacists.

But you do have to think about the first amendment. If we try to silence them, who's next? Remember, we allow the Westboro Baptist Church to exist and speak in public as well. I really don't like them any better.

When society silences an evil, that is indicative of a healthy, functioning community.

When the government takes away their right to publish, speak, and act tough on the internet, then we can talk about the first amendment.

Another slippery slope. Who gets to decide who is horrible and who is not. I lump ANTIFA right in there with the Nazis. They like to use violence to push their message. Can we as a society just silence any and all things we personally don't like?

link   

I'm curious, which members have identified with Nazism? I haven't seen a single person claim it or even condone anything they stand for.

link   

Sorry 'bout the witch hunt I started, everybody!

Given your background, it's certainly an odd choice for you.
edit on 18-8-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Hey look the side of peace and unity is telling others what to do. You know what get lost. You and all the others are just a bunch of hypocrites.

See what I mean? You view being critical of Nazism as a "side" opposing you.

That is the problem.

I don't give a #. You started a witch hunt that will get a lot of innocent people hurt or even killed.

I did?

Don't be a smart ass. Of course i meant your side with all the fearmongering of Nazi's taking over the U.S. even though they are and never were a real threat to begin with.
edit on 18-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Silencing the opposition is what opposition does. I'm not talking about punching Nazis here. I'm talking about boycotting, refusing to carry Nazi intellectual property, speaking louder than white nationalists. You know, silencing; not injuring.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I lump ANTIFA right in there with the Nazis.

Really? You don't think Nazis are even a tad worse? Like with the whole following genocidal ideology and all? Not even a little?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I'm curious, which members have identified with Nazism? I haven't seen a single person claim it or even condone anything they stand for.

Nazi haters sure benefited from the nazis though.

Thanks to operation paperclip.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Given your background, it's certainly and odd choice for you.

Lol, no doubt. Crossed my mind, as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

The problem is that some of you on the right feel forced (I'm hoping it's forced) to defend an evil just because you don't like what is opposing that evil.

What sucks even more is that the "opposition" to white nationalism only looks like it's mostly antifa. In reality, the bulk of opposition is church groups, WW2 organizations, and the general smattering of not-Nazis.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I think most here agree with you on hating nazis and white supremacists.

But you do have to think about the first amendment. If we try to silence them, who's next? Remember, we allow the Westboro Baptist Church to exist and speak in public as well. I really don't like them any better.

When society silences an evil, that is indicative of a healthy, functioning community.

When the government takes away their right to publish, speak, and act tough on the internet, then we can talk about the first amendment.

Can we as a society just silence any and all things we personally don't like?

In a totalitarian society yes, 1984 was a manual.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hey look the side of peace and unity is telling others what to do. You know what get lost. You and all the others are just a bunch of hypocrites.

That is the problem.

I don't give a #. You started a witch hunt that will get a lot of innocent people hurt or even killed.

I did?

Don't be a smart ass. Of course i meant your side with all the fearmongering of Nazi's taking over the U.S. even though they are and never were a real threat to begin with.

But now that the KKK and Nazis have an ally in the WH, they feel embolden to try and spread their hate for Jews and people of color nation wide.

Please, it's not about protecting a statue, it's hate mongering of the first order and recruitement. Looks like it's working....some here on ATS even celebrated the death of Heather Heyer.
edit on 18-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

That is the problem.

I did?

What is "my side"?! Are you seriously that much of a sheep? TWO SIDES: NAZIS AND NOT-NAZIS. You don't need a membership to be a not-Nazi, you don't need to join antifa, give up being a republican, or become a vegetarian.

So what do you mean by my "side"? Not-Nazis?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

yeah sure
which is worse cancer or heart disease?

does it really matter
both suck

idiots have the right to be idiots in the usa
believe whatever bs they like
peacefully assemble

backing those rights does not mean i like nazis

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You know what I hate?

I hate the fact that I am defending Nazi's free speech rights because people want to silence them.

I hate having to defend the necessity of confederate statues and flags and the racism they represent because people want to ban them.

I hate being called a god-damned Nazi because I defend free speech and against banning anything.

That's what I hate.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

So what do you mean by my "side"?

People who float in water.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's really the most galling thing about it all.

Those of us that see a distinction between speech and actions, and then defend the right to make the speech, somehow get lumped in with "them" when it comes to their actions.

Those of us who advocate for not stripping one side of a set of rights while the other side gets to retain those rights get lumped in with "them" for whatever reason.

And it goes back and forth, from both sides.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I lump ANTIFA right in there with the Nazis.

Really? You don't think Nazis are even a tad worse? Like with the whole following genocidal ideology and all? Not even a little?

I'm just not a fan of fascists. If it makes you feel better, I dislike Nazi's and White Supremacists at a 9 scale and ANTIFA at a 7. Obama was a 6 for me. I hope that puts my dislike meter into perspective.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You know what I hate?

I hate the fact that I am defending Nazi's free speech rights because people want to silence them.

I hate having to defend the necessity of confederate statues and flags and the racism they represent because people want to ban them.

I hate being called a god-damned Nazi because I defend free speech and against banning anything.

That's what I hate.

And that's the trick you are falling for.

It's where you argue from. If you position your defense with moral equivalency and not understanding that the first amendment only applies to legal rights, yeah you start to sound like a Nazi sympathizer.

I have defended the Nazis legal right to speak and assemble and I've also spoken out against illegally removing the statues. Yet I've not been accused of any of those things.

link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...how about you instead practice some of that good ole fashioned tolerance...You know...that word that you leftists like to bandy about...

Try some compassion instead of that hatred...it'll do wonders for that indigestion...

Now...before you call me a racist Nazi lover...I'm not talking about tolerance for or compassion for anyone else's belief system...just the human being that hides behind it...

YouSir

Yet you lot wouldn't be saying that if it was an Isis member preaching radical Islam.

Ummm...You lot...?

I hardly think of myself as a lot...or a you for that matter...

I personally don't practice hatred...I do dislike some ideologies...Having read both the Koran and the Hadiths...I can say that I dislike Islam...I don't however harbor any personal animosities to any adherents of that belief system...

Hatred is just not worth the energy...it can also be detrimental to ones own health...

But I can appreciate the negative sentiment...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

If the silencing means violating their rights: the answer is NO.

ANTIFA - they are a bunch of thugs, who destroy property and generally act like idiots.....that's my opinion of them.

However, if they want to assemble peacefully and chant things, give speeches, etc......the constitution says that they can. Anyone trying to shut them up is violating their constitutional rights.

That goes for ALL groups and people here in the US. Does not mater who they are.

Don't like what they have to say? Don't listen.

Or give counter chants and speeches (because it's your right to do so).

Boycott? Sure, go ahead. Not listen to them? Sure, of course. Give a rebuttal? Sure, that's your right.

What you (and others) do NOT have a right to do is to try and physically shut them up, or keep others who want to listen to them from doing so.

It's the same thing as if someone were to try and physically keep you from voting.......that would be a huge violation of your rights.

I hate Nazis......I also do not like Communists........however, not only do I think they both have a right to have their say, I spent a large chunk of my life defending that right, and it's still an oath that I keep today as a vet who served the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join