It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since When?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Five years ago, if I wrote a thread about the evils of Nazism, I don't think it would have been met by anything other than "well, duh" and "you're preaching to the choir". It was a no-brainer. I could have said, without any doubt, that ATS was an anti-Nazi site. Both liberals and conservatives overwhelmingly despised Nazism.

The occasional disgruntled white nationalist would come along with a holocaust denial thread and they'd get chased away. Half the site would not start frothing at the mouth, talking about that member's freedom of speech (on a private site, lol) because... Nazi ideology isn't something we defend as a nation and wasn't something we defended on this site. We didn't have a ton of members suddenly identifying with Nazism like we do now. Now, when you write a thread about Nazis, members get offended! Why?!

If you think criticism of white nationalism is offensive to you, why can't you just admit the reason why? Why all the virtue signalling about the first amendment and censorship? Some of these people are even mad at Spotify for exercising their rights in choosing not to carry Nazi music. It's getting ridiculous. What are you really saying then?

And to those of you on the right who feel they need to sympathize with Nazis because they are traditionally on the right of the political spectrum, knock it off. You know better. You weren't Nazis five years ago so stop thinking you are now. Regular conservative politics is not the same as white nationalism any more than regular liberal politics is the same as communism. And to those of you on the left, also knock it off. Defending Nazis makes a person a Nazi apologist, not necessarily a Nazi themselves. Stop calling people Nazis unless they are literally espousing white nationalist ideologies.

So... can we just go back to hating Nazis? Together? Like the good ole' days?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I think most here agree with you on hating nazis and white supremacists.

But you do have to think about the first amendment. If we try to silence them, who's next? Remember, we allow the Westboro Baptist Church to exist and speak in public as well. I really don't like them any better.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Yea but....what about muh antifa?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Ummm...how about you instead practice some of that good ole fashioned tolerance...You know...that word that you leftists like to bandy about...

Try some compassion instead of that hatred...it'll do wonders for that indigestion...

Now...before you call me a racist Nazi lover...I'm not talking about tolerance for or compassion for anyone else's belief system...just the human being that hides behind it...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

People are offended by everything now. You can't have a reasonable conversation without accidentally hurting someones ego because? It's their way or the highway mentality. People can't take it anymore before falling into the fetal position. And these tv reality stars and big movie stars use their star power to influence people politically, which I disagree with. Their voices are like droned copies from a script.
The point I'm trying to make is that people are following loud devious people with the power of gab, that's what sheep do. It's just getting out of hand now because people have stopped using their power to reason these things in their own heads.
edit on 18-8-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

But you do have to think about the first amendment. If we try to silence them, who's next?

I don't think I've seen anyone supporting a call to revoke their first amendment rights; it's just that nobody cares when when a business exercises its own right to disassociate themselves with them, or someone punches one of them(which is still a crime and some will argue it shouldn't be, but it is and even then still wouldn't technically infringe upon their rights)

Many people have consistently dropped the "freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequences", and that's exactly what's happening.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...how about you instead practice some of that good ole fashioned tolerance...You know...that word that you leftists like to bandy about...

Try some compassion instead of that hatred...it'll do wonders for that indigestion...

Now...before you call me a racist Nazi lover...I'm not talking about tolerance for or compassion for anyone else's belief system...just the human being that hides behind it...

YouSir

Yet you lot wouldn't be saying that if it was an Isis member preaching radical Islam.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

But you do have to think about the first amendment. If we try to silence them, who's next? Remember, we allow the Westboro Baptist Church to exist and speak in public as well. I really don't like them any better.

When society silences an evil, that is indicative of a healthy, functioning community.

When the government takes away their right to publish, speak, and act tough on the internet, then we can talk about the first amendment.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

YouSir

You didn't read the whole post. I addressed exactly that.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Hey look the side of peace and unity is telling others what to do. You know what get lost. You and all the others are just a bunch of hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Hey look the side of peace and unity is telling others what to do. You know what get lost. You and all the others are just a bunch of hypocrites.

See what I mean? You view being critical of Nazism as a "side" opposing you.

That is the problem.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I doubt if the WH hates Nazis. They love hearing their mentors name chanted along with the other Nazi and KKK slogans.

Only Antifa and libtards hate Nazis...snowflakes all of em.

edit on 18-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Hypocrite for asking why people sympathise with Nazis?

Your post touches one something somebody already posted about getting offended by anything.

If you can't answer the post, don't post. He/she isn't attacking anybody with this post

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

That is the problem.

I don't give a #. You started a witch hunt that will get a lot of innocent people hurt or even killed.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

Hypocrite for asking why people sympathise with Nazis?

Your post touches one something somebody already posted about getting offended by anything.

If you can't answer the post, don't post. He/she isn't attacking anybody with this post

Nobody on ATS is sympathizing with them FFS.

link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I'd prefer they didn't exist. But they do. The only "support" I have seen is the first amendment angle. Oh, and when someone on the left isn't mentally capable of debate, they accuse you of being a sympathizer. But seriously, nobody is defending their actions, they are scum.

link   

When society silences an evil, that is indicative of a healthy, functioning community.

Wrong.

It's indicative of a lynching mob that does not care if it tramples over people's constitutional rights.

The 1st amendment applies to EVERYONE who is a citizen of the US.

Doesn't mater if you like what they have to say or not. Does not mater if the message that they express is one of good or evil.

What does mater is that they are allowed to express it.

Forcing people into silence is NOT a free country. It's a totalitarian state.

Citizens that interfere with other citizens constitutional rights (no mater how much they thing they are doing the right thing) is a violation of their civil rights.

Trying to silence ANYONE here in the US completely goes against what Freedom of Expression means.

Too many here on ATS have shown that they have very little understanding of that, and think that the best thing to do is to shut people up......even if it means advocating violence.

Very wrong. Every one and every group should be allowed to have their say: Neo-Nazis, BLM, ANTIFA, Greenpeace, Democrats, Republicans, Baptist, Muslims, Jews, .....ANYONE should have their right to say.....and NO ONE should EVER be allowed to threaten, or try to silence them.

Doing so is about as "Un-American" as you can get.

"But....but......good vs evil!"

Yah, here's another quote:

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That is the problem.

I don't give a #. You started a witch hunt that will get a lot of innocent people hurt or even killed.

I did?

Sorry 'bout the witch hunt I started, everybody!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Lol boy you sure made this real personal, didn't you? Abysha started a witch hunt and will be responsible for people getting hurt because she wrote an OP about how preposterous it is to defend the behavior of both Nazis and those who are going overboard with their attack on people defending things like free speech?

You sure seem awful upset. So upset that while complaining about what you perceive to be another person "telling people what to do" you turn around and tell them what to do and then pull the ol' "blood is on your hands!" card.

Amazing.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It is beyond me why some people are trying to relive world war two in the year 2017.

A war that involved Europe,Northern Africa,Middle East and the South Pacific.

Where a lot of SNIP went down by both sides.

From the dropping of NUKES on civilians to the segrated units of the 'war machine'.

To the internment of brown skinned American citizens. To so called 'spies' from Germany.

Rationing (Good luck with that today).

Confiscation of American gold and silver.

Then their is the slaughter of native Americans. experimenting on BLACK people giving them STDS.

Oh yeah those amber waves of grain,.

'Murica the beautiful.

MY SNIP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join