It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We went from Nuclear War with North Korea to Destruction of Historical Monuments and Carmageddon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The last few days have almost felt like living in a social experiment with the volume turned WAY up. For what seemed like weeks, they couldn't stop talking about the threat of nuclear war with N Korea. It was SHOVED down our throats.

Then the white supremacists held a rally in Virginia. After that it seems as if there was almost a media blackout on N Korea and anything nuclear.

Check your sources and notice how little if ANY stories are about North Korea.

Now I know that this isn't necessarily new, and they constantly misdirect and find new ratings grabs. Whether it be a few teenagers in a couple of high schools want to use the girls restroom, or Trumps son had a meeting with someone in Russia,... but don't you think the immediacy, the severity, and the blatancy of these recent actions might wake more than a few people up? Isn't it kind of obvious that they are really screwing with us?

I had a conversation with my dad about the news other day, and he was quite riled up about the statues coming down. I told him that how he was acting was exactly what the media wanted. That people all across the country were being divided at that very moment with that imagery. It was all part of the plan.

So I'm sitting here with a coffee pondering, if it IS part of the plan, what do the powers that be stand to gain from scaring the crap out of people (N Korea Nuclear debacle) and then dividing them (Erasing history and destroying monuments)

When are we going to start holding the media accountable for the flames they continually fan?

Maybe this is just standard operation procedure, but I feel, as I would like to think many others do, very drained by it. It's the cry-wolf syndrome. What do we take seriously? What's legitimate and what's a ratings grab?

As much as I would like to stay informed, I am largely untrusting of the information coming down the pike.

So while a few college kids tear down and kick the statue of a slave supporting General with their Nike shoes that were built by modern day slaves.... I'm going to mow my lawn and smoke some grass.

Peace be da jurney.

edit on 18-8-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The last few days have almost felt like living in a social experiment with the volume turned WAY up

That's odd.

For me it's felt like I been living in the zombie apocalypse and they been saying 'racist' instead of brainz.

As we get closer to the midterms the news will focus more on domestic issues.
edit on 18-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Wheels within wheels. This is how we are being blinded with regards to the true things going on.

Look at the bigger picture. Look at larger world politics, and meetings being held.

When you do this, you'll be able to put together a much much clearer picture.

link   

When are we going to start holding the media accountable for the flames they continually fan?

When are we going to hold people responsible for their own actions?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I'd like to look at the bigger picture... I'm just not sure where to find it... who reports accurately on these issues?.. all I ever see is a grand design of mind control.

a reply to: Liquesence

We most certainly should, but people would have to be educated in order to do that... and that education would most likely come from the media. See the problem? I'm not sure we can blame the sheep for being brainwashed by this power megalithic mo-fo known as the MSM.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
The last few days have almost felt like living in a social experiment with the volume turned WAY up. For what seemed like weeks, they couldn't stop talking about the threat of nuclear war with N Korea. It was SHOVED down our throats.

Then the white supremacists held a rally in Virginia. After that it seems as if there was almost a media blackout on N Korea and anything nuclear.

Check your sources and notice how little if ANY stories are about North Korea.

Now I know that this isn't necessarily new, and they constantly misdirect and find new ratings grabs. Whether it be a few teenagers in a couple of high schools want to use the girls restroom, or Trumps son had a meeting with someone in Russia,... but don't you think the immediacy, the severity, and the blatancy of these recent actions might wake more than a few people up? Isn't it kind of obvious that they are really screwing with us?

I had a conversation with my dad about the news other day, and he was quite riled up about the statues coming down. I told him that how he was acting was exactly what the media wanted. That people all across the country were being divided at that very moment with that imagery. It was all part of the plan.

So I'm sitting here with a coffee pondering, if it IS part of the plan, what do the powers that be stand to gain from scaring the crap out of people (N Korea Nuclear debacle) and then dividing them (Erasing history and destroying monuments)

Maybe this is just standard operation procedure, but I feel, as I would like to think many others do, very drained by it. It's the cry-wolf syndrome. What do we take seriously? What's legitimate and what's a ratings grab?

As much as I would like to stay informed, I am largely untrusting of the information coming down the pike.

So while a few college kids tear down and kick the statue of a slave supporting General with their Nike shoes that were built by modern day slaves.... I'm going to mow my lawn and smoke some grass.

Peace be da jurney.

I feel it's much like 9/11 and the patriot act being rammed down our throats all for our security. I see this as a way to remove our right to peaceful protests. They'll soon tell us that its too dangerous to protest and its for our own safety. We're on a slippery slope and if we don't stop equating white supremacists with all republicans and BLM/Antifa with all democrats, we'll have no one to blame but ourselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
it's all too much! I feel like the world is shrinking and I want off!

I don't believe there's a major conspiracy behind it all, we're all just bored and watching too much news, too much ats... the media 100% fan the flames, it's all about money for them.

i'm going to do some gardening and smoke some grass. lol

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

When are we going to hold people responsible for their own actions?

Oh my god!
Finally a voice of reason..

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It would be nice if someone could figure out how to redirect all this hatred and fighting to a target where I think it belongs, the media.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yes it's pretty amazing how we can all be focused on one thing then all of a sudden.

Squirrel!!!!!!

Gets me every time.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

We most certainly should, but people would have to be educated in order to do that... and that education would most likely come from the media. See the problem? I'm not sure we can blame the sheep for being brainwashed by this power megalithic mo-fo known as the MSM.

Oh, I get what you're saying, but what's the solution?

Restrict, or put (legal) limits on the media, which, by extension would restrict part of the First Amendment?

Educate people, teach them to think for themselves? How? People will always have differing points of view.
edit on 18-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well the Regressive Left did what North Korea wants but can never do: Destroy America.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

My advice is, to keep your ear to the ground. Don't forego a particular news source because it's biased, or crazy. Don't believe everything simply because you are reading it. Take it into balance with all other sources.

Think critically. Analyze for yourself. Find the dots, and connect them.

In our world today, no one source is going to willingly tell everything. That would betray their bias. Even the National Enquirer passes the occasional diamond covered in feces.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Turn the TV off.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The media is just doing their job... Misdirect and deflect... If we knew what was really going on, could we comprehend it or deal with it??

Could this be the reason?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

"ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS - A CURFEW IS IN EFFECT

a reply to: abago71

Exactly... but how far and perverse do they have to go before people actually rebel instead of just changing the channel?

a reply to: Liquesence

Honestly I think this issue is where Nationalism starts rearing it's head and starts to almost make sense when framed a certain way... since differing cultures clearly have a hard time assimilating... ugh... bloody trail that one is for sure.

a reply to: BlackSkinhead

That is simply not enough anymore... I don't really watch TV. Gave up on it a long time ago. Every time I see it it disgusts me. Most of my observations come from the internet news and and the little bit I pick up from television at others homes.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I think about the Amish. They don't watch the news, don't have social media. Even though most of us can't imagine living without the conveniences of daily life, can you imagine not being exposed to the nonstop violence and stress. I stopped watching the evening news because it is so disturbing and obviously promotes an agenda. Each year they seem to take it a step further. Have we lost all our civility?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

So I'm sitting here with a coffee pondering, if it IS part of the plan, what do the powers that be stand to gain from scaring the crap out of people (N Korea Nuclear debacle) and then dividing them (Erasing history and destroying monuments) When are we going to start holding the media accountable for the flames they continually fan?

Its all part of the plan. The leftists are the foot soldiers of the Deep State and the plan is to create so much discord, violence and division that the rest of the world loses confidence in the US Dollar and the ability of the US to meet its obligations. The dollar crashes, the stock market crashes and the evil white middle class is destroyed in one fell swoop. At the same time they're promoting a Constitutional Crises that will have to be resolved by the Supreme Court and a special election for a new President. In the interim, they'll have to declare martial law.

Welcome to the newest Banana Republic.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I think no matter who is the president ,the NWO is taking over before our eyes,obvious they are trying to incite civil war so they can declare martial law,thats been the plan for years,next they take guns,then they take over bank accounts,why cash is being phased out,it is playing out like a harlequin novel

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone experienced 'Russia did it!' withdrawal?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join