It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make it stop!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The partisanship, it burns!

So, I've been sitting here for the last hour while my co-worker has been listening to ESPN sports center in the background and it's been pretty much solid politics.

On a sports channel.

Now, I am *not* a sports fan. At all.

And so, I really could not care less about what sports shows jabber on incessantly about. I've always viewed sports as one of the distractions that the higher ups use to keep us plebes distracted while their agendas are pushed forward. Bread and circuses.

But in talking with my co-worker, I have learned that ever since the election, more and more politics have crept into the various sports centered programs.

Now, to me anyway, it seems to me not to be too good an idea to bring in more divisiveness into an area in which taking sides is standard fare.

They are pushing their audience away, many people choose sports as one of their primary distractions from the dreck that politics has become. Bringing the garbage into an area in which it has little to no relevance is not helping spread their message and could do their 'cause' more harm than good.

I know, I know. I've participated in plenty of anti-Hillary threads and so am responsible for adding to the cacophony myself. But that was within the context of political discussions and fully on topic in said discussions. All of what my co-worker (and anyone else watching the same shows) has been subjected to is within a realm (sports) in which politics really does not belong nor does it have any bearing.

That is, unless a certain agenda is being pushed.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I don't think the partisanship should stop. The problem with many people who want to see the partisanship stop really means as long as you think exactly the same way they do then everything will be okay.

I have a different opinion than most right wingers. All I hear from the right is they are "right" and I am "wrong". I'm sorry, but opinions are neither right nor wrong. Opinions are represented in government policies. There is no right and wrong.

So I think there is nothing that can be done to end the partisanship. I know many people on the left who will not abandon their opinions to appease the right.

But I completely agree with you sports channel should have absolutely nothing to do with politics.

edit on 18-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

But I completely agree with you sports channel should have absolutely nothing to do with politics.

That was my primary message.

I don't mind the dialogue as long as it is in the relevant places; and will enthusiastically participate if I've the inclination.

It's the incessant creep into areas in which it has no business being.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think the golf channels are free of politics, so far. lol

i'm only going to watch Netflix for a long damn time, so sick of it all from both sides.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yep, J&C, you are right. We are cancelling subscriptions right and left, and so are others we know.

Actually, I am doing something I have never done before. I am being careful about what companies I purchase from if they are putting themselves out there as a political activist organization.

Corporate political activism irks me to no end. I already have a short list of companies I will not purchase from and I'm spreading the word.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
I think the golf channels are free of politics, so far. lol

i'm only going to watch Netflix for a long damn time, so sick of it all from both sides.

Yep. All my wife watches is Netlfix, and she never has any idea what's going on in politics. It's way happier that way, I can tell you.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Now, to me anyway, it seems to me not to be too good an idea to bring in more divisiveness into an area in which taking sides is standard fare.

They are pushing their audience away, many people choose sports as one of their primary distractions from the dreck that politics has become. Bringing the garbage into an area in which it has little to no relevance is not helping spread their message and could do their 'cause' more harm than good.

Maybe that's the point. Maybe that's the "agenda." Maybe they want to slowly infiltrate the minds of people who are mostly indifferent and placated in order to sow more seeds of division, to increase division and social conflict, to stir things up, and to make things even more chaotic.

Just maybe...

I might consider this, if I were a conspiracy-minded person on a conspiracy website.
edit on 18-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

my husband only watches golf and American pickers. once football starts he'll be ALL in, and if they talk politics he'll just go outside for a smoke - he's totally unfazed and could give a rat's ass.

he's WAY happier. lol

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

There is a reason that ESPN has lost millions of subscribers over the last few years.
Politics.
People want to check out while watching sports.

Just broadcast the fricken game already.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You know, this thought did indeed cross my mind being as I've been hanging around these parts for a few years.

If this is part of an agenda, who would benefit from such?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Make it stop

I wouldn't hold my breathe.

There are sinister forces at work here people.

That want us at each others throats.

That want another civil war.

The only way to make it stop is to completely tune out.

Like Going Amish.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't have an issue with partisanship. It is a natural condition. I like debating issues and I think it is healthy.

The issue I really have it that liberals have managed to infect every god damn thing with their petty virtue signaling. They turn every opportunity into some event so they can signal to others that they support XYZ meme du jour.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Who is "they"?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I believe the seeds were planted and the initial stages activated during Obama's administration for the "Fundamental Transformation of America"......and it was not for the good of this great nation. It was for the globalist agenda.

Someday I will do a lengthy thread regard the data hacks, the questionable appointments of bureaucrats in federal government positions, the spying on American citizens, the lost funds, the $$$ laundered and handed over to Iran in the dead of night, and a hundred other things.

The racial divide is part and parcel of it. Six months after taking office, Obama weighed in loudly on a local Cambridge MA situation involving a black professor from Obama's alma mater attempting to break into a house. A neighbor called the police and the police approached it as any cop would. Who are you? What are you doing? Show me some ID? Why are you attempting to break into this house? Yep.....from there Obama called out the police for being "stupid"!

That first seed was planted, and I think it was intentional. Racial divide and hate on the police escalated. Obama weighed in on every event after that, always coming down on the poilice from "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon" to inviting thugs to the White House.

The only thing standing in the way for these PTB, is our 2A. That is going to be next on the attack list and that is when the sh** really will hit the proverbial fan.

IMO, electing Barrack Hussein Obama was the worst thing this country ever did to itself. The absolute worst thing.
edit on 18-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

ESPN is dying. Cable TV is dying. People are moving faster and faster to streaming services where they can control what they pay for (rather than having an extra dollar a month surcharge to have access to Sprout, the half assed Nickelodian knock off).

More to your topic....ESPN is simply a wing of ABC. WHich is another way of saying, "Controlled Media".

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You spoke my mind. 100 stars for you. Why are people so afraid to see the writing on the wall? Trump doesn't have a chance-he never did and then he keeps shooting himself in the foot. Question is: since Obama has fully tainted our federal government with crazy globalist laws and stacked with with federal judges that tote the line-who can we turn to?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Who is "they"?

Just because one cannot say
doesn't mean they don't exist,
and never issue sub rosa verbals
under threat of certain termination, or worse.

Nice try.

# 852
edit on 18-8-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Who is "they"?

I'll bite !!

It's the Progressive/LeftWing/Democrat/MSM/NWO complex that includes the worldwide central banking system.

All Left Wing.

Including the Nazis !!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
ESPN has been gaining many headlines this past year for their (nearly 100% liberal slanted) political views being pushed by their network.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Could not agree more. The saddest part is that I think there is only one more step to totally divide the nation. When, or if that happens, this country will be changed forever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join