It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland attack – Knifemen stab six – including a woman pushing a pram – during rampage through

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
how about we don't derail this thread into another partisanship debate and we focus on the terrible op, and post new information if you have.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My hate for Muslims gets stronger by the day

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yes!

link   
Positive thoughts to our Finnish friends from a Brit in France.

We know what you are going through right now.

Warmest

Lags

link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
how about we don't derail this thread into another partisanship debate and we focus on the terrible op, and post new information if you have.

I second this

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

I don't hate them but I'm highly suspicious of them. A Group that spawns females all covered in Black scares me big time.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

You must not be old enough to remember Columbine?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is the topic....please discuss:

Finland attack – Knifemen stab six – including a woman pushing a pram – during rampage through city of Turku amid reports of shots fired

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My hometown...

I knew something like this would happen here at some point, but mental preparation for something like this is impossible. Me, and my nearest loved ones are safe. I just came back home from a cup of coffee at my friends house. The buses heading out from the central city towards suburbs had the driver and zero or 1 passenger. That felt creepy, friday night, people normally party around. Not tonight.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have bad feeling this will explode to our hands. In news minister of the Interior said we have 7200 police officers and almost non are unemployed ( 7200 is not enough ) and we are in good hands... so that is 2400/shift in whole country. For example where i live, they shut down police station about 10 years ago ( saving money ) and nearest police is in next city. Where i live we have refugee center in less than 500 meters from town center. Week ago refugee robbed a man and tried to throw his victim from the bridge, there has been fights going on etc.

Just 7 hours ago Police department of häme tweeted
twitter.com...

They found these illegal guns from 3 guys.. finding illegal guns are rare in Finland, this is no longer a safe place to live. I blame our Government and our super stupid Prime minister of all this mess what has happened here.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: dollukka

It's a sad day then, and a terrible tragedy this even took place. I think most of us wish we could turn back time and do it right.

I feel sorry for you over there. What exactly would you do different now? Where did you make the mistake?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
My hometown...

I knew something like this would happen here at some point, but mental preparation for something like this is impossible. Me, and my nearest loved ones are safe. I just came back home from a cup of coffee at my friends house. The buses heading out from the central city towards suburbs had the driver and zero or 1 passenger. That felt creepy, friday night, people normally party around. Not tonight.

Finns are tough and practical people. Are you permitted to carry defensive weapons of any sort or have you been disarmed?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

To be more precise i would turn 11 years back. Even she was the first female President in this country she opened the "open borders" policy, ex governments followed the path and messed our economy bad too. EU politics and being a "butt" licking puppets when their own agenda ( making money for themselves ) came before safety of this country. Our Prime minister has used / is using tax paradises to hide his money and doesn´t pay taxes as he should be, he also play cards to favour his relatives and close friends in negotiation with foreign countries in business deals.. he is so rotten. He has his fingers in refugee business too.. so i am sure you can read what is going on...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
I have bad feeling this will explode to our hands. In news minister of the Interior said we have 7200 police officers and almost non are unemployed ( 7200 is not enough ) and we are in good hands... so that is 2400/shift in whole country. For example where i live, they shut down police station about 10 years ago ( saving money ) and nearest police is in next city. Where i live we have refugee center in less than 500 meters from town center. Week ago refugee robbed a man and tried to throw his victim from the bridge, there has been fights going on etc.

Just 7 hours ago Police department of häme tweeted
twitter.com...

They found these illegal guns from 3 guys.. finding illegal guns are rare in Finland, this is no longer a safe place to live. I blame our Government and our super stupid Prime minister of all this mess what has happened here.

Its so sad to see your nation go to pot and lose your national identity because of hunger for power and the cowardness and greed of politicians.

I travel on a fairly regular basis to Helsinki and I feel for you folks as so much has changed for the worse over the past 10 or so years.

Off topic : I miss the reindeer meat when I come back home but not the price

Warmest

Lags

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
www.google.co.uk...

Police said tonight they cannot confirm if the man was shouting in Arabic and confirmed they are not treating the incident as a terror attack.

Some may have jumped the gun in this thread.

Because if this is religiously motivated then it'd have to be seen as a terror incident.

The Finns don't seem to be the politically correct type.

Hopefully the Finnish people on the board can translate some of their local sources.

Such a shame, no matter what happened.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The police are saying there are areas in Turku that you should just not go to...GEEZ we are talking about Finland here...
edit on 18-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
a reply to: Indrasweb

You must not be old enough to remember Columbine?

Oh, I most certainly am... that's one incident of Marilyn Manson types doing that in living memory..
Can you recall any others? And non-related, random attacks with no commonalities in motive don't count btw...

Want to count up how many Islamic terror attacks we've had just this year so far?

Now this one may not be terror related, no confirmation either way yet but, you can kind of understand how people might prematurely jump to that conclusion I'm sure...
edit on 18-8-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I heard that in the news i am not surprised as everything what has happened has always labeled as a "isolated case" by them. Always saying " Do not let the fear take over".
While they hide the truth people share their knowledge about the incident.

The man shouted Allahu Akbar .. not a terrorist act? Sure it was

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well, more of less, but i do have first hand witness info (friend), that Alláá akbaar was shouted during the incident. I was (un)fortunate to see this all in almost real time because the person who "saw it all" instantly used social media. This is horrendous!! Of course this doesn't mean it is a proper, claimed terror attack until we hear it from the official sources.

The woman pushing the pram, got killed unfortunately. Updated info is 2 killed, 8 wounded, 6 critically if i recall correctly.

The police has not confirmed the identity of the attacker, only that he is not native origin.

Terrible day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join