It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Cooper calls for removal of Confederate monuments

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Riffrafter

Maybe we should erect a statue of the Sandy Hook shooter right in front of where the event happened. Him standing tall holding the guns he used. I'm sure the kid's parents would be okay with it. Why be mad at a statue, right?

Good one.

Although I believe you completely missed my point.

ETA -

FWIW - I lived literally less than 5 minutes from the Sandy Hook school shooting location at the time it happened.

I now live in Charlottesville VA.

Seems I have been cursed to be in the wrong place at the right time...or vice versa depending upon your viewpoint.

edit on 8/19/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Still think it's silly to be against a statue?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Exactly! Same # different decade.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Still think it's silly to be against a statue?

No.

What I think is silly, ridiculous and totally manufactured is the current "debate".

Where was the outrage about the statues during Obama's 8 year presidency?

Or George W's 8 year presidency?

Or Clinton's 8 year presidency?

Or the presidency of *every* president since they were erected?

Ask yourself, why now? Ask yourself, who is pushing this? Most importantly ask yourself - Cui Bono?

You have a mind Kayla. You just need to use it before getting swept up in this crap.

Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, etc.

edit on 8/19/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

It's the times we live in. The peasants in France put up with a lot of crap for many years before finally revolting. What was the trigger that made them revolt exactly when they did? Why did it not happen years before? Same with the Russian revolution. Same with Jim Crow laws in the South. Does someone instigate it? Yes! Does that mean no one was bothered about it previously? No.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It's the times we live in. The peasants in France put up with a lot of crap for many years before finally revolting. What was the trigger that made them revolt exactly when they did? Why did it not happen years before? Same with the Russian revolution. Same with Jim Crow laws in the South. Does someone instigate it? Yes! Does that mean no one was bothered about it previously? No.

I don't disagree with anything you say.

But have you really asked yourself - why now? Who benefits?

There is an agenda here. And even though the goals you speak of may be laudable, that is not why this is agenda is being pushed. It's all about sowing division. Who benefits from that?

I refuse to be anyone's puppet. Unfortunately, there are many "triggered" individuals on both sides that are exactly that.

This is a perilous time. And there are those that do not want a united populace. I'm not exactly sure what may be coming but I believe we all need to be aware. However I do know that if events continue on this path we're screwed.

We all need to pay attention.

Or we'll pay in far worse ways...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Can you please explain what negative affects the statues have on you personally? And please expound on the years and years of anguish you have had due to them. I suppose I should just look back in your posting history and see all the threads you did on removing statues back in 2011.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

I don't disagree with anything you say.

But have you really asked yourself - why now? Who benefits?

There is an agenda here. And even though the goals you speak of may be laudable, that is not why this is agenda is being pushed. It's all about sowing division. Who benefits from that?

I refuse to be anyone's puppet. Unfortunately, there are many "triggered" individuals on both sides that are exactly that.

This is a perilous time. And there are those that do not want a united populace. I'm not exactly sure what may be coming but I believe we all need to be aware. However I do know that if events continue on this path we're screwed.

We all need to pay attention.

Or we'll pay in far worse ways...

Those who spark those conflicts are who benefit from it.

Anyone who voted for President Trump is a white racist, or anarchist, because mainstream media says so, it must be true.

The mainstream media constantly portrays only one specific race, as racist.

Proving that the mass media itself is a racist cabal. Who'd benefit from that, hmm?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join