It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Cooper calls for removal of Confederate monuments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

art

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

If it triggers you, it's alright to smash it. You don't even have to ask.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

If it triggers you, it's alright to smash it. You don't even have to ask.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

It was Gilgamesh before it was Noah. This was when Adam (Adamu) was with His first Wife, Lilith..

See?

Even religion™ gets re-written to fit an agenda. When Adam was with Lilith, it was written: "In the beginning was Adamu and Lilith, created from the same dirt..." So they were "EQUAL" well the turds of that time, 'The Quorum™' re-wrote it (changed History) so the female was subservient. Eve NEEDED a bit of Adam to get going...

So if 'they' can do it with religion™ why not regular history?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

even smashing it could be considered art to some...

I really don't care either way, it was just using the word "art" seemed like a new argument.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Those who sculpted the statues, would likely agree that their work is indeed art.
I just wonder if they all made those statues due to their incredible hatred for the black man, or perhaps they did it out of love of the craft?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I assume the artists were commissioned to make the sculptures, and probably well paid.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Not a decent reason to smash the art.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
All this anti-Confederate hysteria started when Dylann Roof opened fire at a church 2 years ago, killing people, and posted a picture of himself on Facebook with a confederate bandana. That's when the Left's bandwagon witchhunt LUNACY began. They were fine with it 20 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago, but soon as it became a, "I'm SUDDENLY offended by this" BANDWAGON to jump on, that's when liberals started pretending to be "offended" by it. Fake ass disdain. Now they think they're "virtue signaling" by having statues taken down and other non-sense.
edit on 19-8-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

I never said that I thought it was

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

I'm in my thirties, until I was in my early teens I thought the confederate flag was the official KKK flag. (It was through pantera that I learned what it meant to people in the south)

I know the two are separate things (confederate flag and the kkk), but don't fool yourself, this association in peoples minds is not new by any means.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
How many here would like to destroy Podesta's statue?

You know the one, it's called the arch of hysteria.

I think it's pretty stupid to want to remove old statues, but I don't think it's a left dominant issue.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

I don't think everyone was fine with it 20 years ago. People just put up with stuff when they think they can't really do anything about it.

Do you think blacks in the South were fine with Jim Crow laws? They were not, but they didn't think they could do anything about it, so they put up with it for many years. It takes one brave person, or a small group of brave people to say "Enough! We don't have to put up with this!". Then more people start to feel empowered.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Empowered to destroy statues?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

someone to stand up, climb a ladder, tie a rope around a statue, and have an angry mob pull it to the ground, because the laws in that state were made in such a way that an ignorant governor could not just have a knee jerk reaction and remove all the confederate statues in the state.

The law seems to think that is a crime, not some form of "justice".

We also frown on Vigilante justice for the same reasons.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Many Americans were on the Confederate side, during the Civil War.

They lost the war, but they remained Confederates.

Many generations later, it remains, a mindset.

Being depicted as a bunch of racist thugs, by the media, that are defending slavery and hatred of non-whites, is just nonsense. It's about their past, as nothing to be proud of, and it's being treated as trash.

Slavery was not just Confederate, it was in every part of the Americas, and Brazil had twice the slaves America had, and for much longer, too. Slavery is not exclusively an American issue.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am making a prediction that this monument war will backfire on the democrats in 2018 and cause a lot of lost votes.

Add it to the fake russian collusion and other fake trump stories and i see the republicans gaining house and senate seats in about 2/3s in the 2018 elections.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

Empowered to destroy statues?

Empowered to remove symbols of a history of oppression. I'm not talking about illegal destruction. I'm against that actually. I'm talking about the peaceful protests and petitions and calls for the government to move the statues off government property. There has been a lot of that happening. I'm saying that the reason everyone is doing it now is not because everyone was "fine" with the statues before and now all of a sudden they aren't. I'm saying they were never fine with them, but now they feel empowered to speak out.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This entire "debate" is beyond ridiculous. I simply refuse to engage...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Maybe we should erect a statue of the Sandy Hook shooter right in front of where the event happened. Him standing tall holding the guns he used. I'm sure the kid's parents would be okay with it. Why be mad at a statue, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join