It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
a reply to: TerryDon79

That is exactly what it is about. It is the left in the US that is currently engaging in this absurdity, but they are not the first to do so, and almost certainly will not be the last.

I don't tend to do the whole left vs right thing. Idiots are idiots.

But sometimes you've got to call them out for what they are, regardless of the left/right thing.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
No. The OP is not about cherry trees.
He asked.

You know how hard it is to raise a cherry tree? They don't produce until mature, takes years of nurture.

I answered.

Is that wrong?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Jefferton

Or freedom to push out lame and cliched smart arse one liners.

Kinda like you did with the OP.

Much thought provoking, very eloquent, super wow.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

A dog puts more thought into taking A sh1t than you put into that response.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

Okay, now a myth. So... 'chop down' all statues?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Again, just like with your OP?

You seem so triggered today, OP. Poor thing.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Triggering only happens to the childlike who have no control over their reactions. Go to your bedroom for your tantrum, the adults are talking.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Triggering only happens to the childlike who have no control over their reactions. Go to your bedroom for your tantrum, the adults are talking.

Ah... the moral high ground of the internet troll.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Oh, I'm the one having a tantrum when you're trolling your own thread? Lol okay.

I'll try to stop triggering you now, clearly you're upset enough to resort to lashing out and I'd hate for it to get worse for you.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Ah... the moral high ground of the internet troll.

I temper my responses to the level of the prompting.

edit on 18-8-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oh, I'm the one having a tantrum when you're trolling your own thread? Lol okay.

I'll try to stop triggering you now, clearly you're upset enough to resort to lashing out and I'd hate for it to get worse for you.

Read the post above, it applies to you as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Now a myth? It was always a myth.

You stated two things that are factually untrue. I will gladly read any info that you provide that states otherwise.
Upon providing that, I will retract or recant my statement.

As far as "chopping down" all statues, I do not agree with that in any way and I have never stated otherwise.

I understand that people are upset and are now easily offended. The statues are an easy target. But where do you draw the line?
Is it now ok to remove all of the confederate soldiers grave markers? Will that be the next thing that is offensive?

The Civil War cemetery by my house has both Union and Confederate soldiers buried side by side. There is a monument telling the story of two local brothers from both sides of the war who fought against each other in the Battle of New Orleans.
How would one justify removing only one? Should the family of the soldiers be consulted?
Or do the offended just get to pick and choose without obstruction?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Neat

Read my post again, it applies to you. As to your post, I temper my responses to the level of prompting.

Yay! Now everybody has said the same thing to everybody! Your OP is lame and weak, you think the responses it got were lame and weak, and now you're upset that it didn't get better responses.

Glad we cleared that up.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Im not upset, gladly suffering foolishness is helping to pass a slow afternoon duty and I'm grateful to you.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Exactly. The OP's entire post is false and would be considered fake news. Alexandria, Louisiana was named after Alexander Fulton. A businessman from Washington County, near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, received a land grant from Spain in 1785, and the first organized settlement was made at some point in the 1790s. In 1805, Fulton and business partner Thomas Harris Maddox laid out the town plan and named the town in Fulton's honor.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

The more I learn about this city the more I want to visit it. That alone would have made posting this thread worth my while.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

For being so glad, you sure sound upset. But you're absolutely welcome. I'm glad that you can derive so much pleasure from receiving such low quality replies to such a low quality effort on your part.

Says a lot for you that you can be so easily entertained.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Like I said, slow duty, I'll take the entertainment that's available. I consider myself very fortunate that so many things in life are of interest to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Now you're interested in me?

Slow your roll, guy.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Not you, the remarks and the replies you have been making in the thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join