It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Democratic state senator says she hopes Trump is assassinated

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

A Democratic state senator in Missouri is facing resignation calls for posting on Facebook Thursday that she hopes President Trump is assassinated. “I hope Trump is assassinated!” state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal wrote. Chappelle-Nadal eventually deleted the post, but a screenshot was saved and shared on Twitter.

Missouri Democratic state senator says she hopes Trump is assassinated

Really? A U.S. State Senator stating she hopes the standing and duly elected president of the United States is assassinated??!? This should be grounds for the state citizens to reconsider their representative. After all, she is supposed to represent the state in the Senate, so (in effect) she is the voice of that state in government. I am sure the entire state does not agree with her on this statement.

She immediately deleted the post, but like I always say, "posting to the Net is like peeing in the ocean. Once it's done, you cannot get it back". Multiple Democratic leaders and peers have already begun distancing themselves from her, and asking her to resign.

Meanwhile, top Missouri Democrats – including Sen. Claire McCaskill and the chairman of the Missouri Democratic Party – are calling on Chapelle-Nadal to resign.

“I condemn it," McCaskill told the Post-Dispatch.

"It's outrageous. And she should resign.”

Missouri Party Chair Stephen Webber called Chappelle-Nadal’s comments "indefensible.”

“I believe she should resign,” Webber said.

She has so far openly refused to resign. She only apologized and that she should never have said it, but was angered over the presidents statement over the events in Virginia. Sorry, but your personal emotional state is now in question, and the Secret Service is now looking into the statement.

So, ATS, should a Senator resign after publicly posting a statement to wish the president was assassinated? After all, didn't the Democratic party all agree that saying you wish something means you really want to do it? If you remember the president speaking to the former FBI director about wishing for something, it was taken as a statement of fact. And that was repeatedly heralded in the MSM at the time. So, does this wish, which is actually calling for the death of a president, carry the same weight or not?

I am interested to see the responses from those that self identify with the Democratic Party, as I am a registered Independent that didn't vote for Trump in the last election.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Sounds like she needs a visit from the secret service .
Its a crime to threaten the life of a u.s president .

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
**sigh**

Just...

Words fail me. This is what our political discourse has descended to. Kill those with whom we disagree.

edit on 8/18/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
RECALL ELECTION!! Shes not fit for duty, no loyalty to chain of command sheesh!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

They are making a visit to investigate the statement.

NOTE: It's in the article, BTW.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
There is an ongoing thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
There is an ongoing thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I searched and didn't find it posted, even using Google search (perhaps their new partisan filters out derogatory things from the Democrats now).

Mods, if you think it needs to be closed, so be it.

Oh well.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The article says that she did get a visit from the Secret Service. Missouri state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal should be treated just like you or I would be treated/punished for publically stating that the President of our United States of America should be assassinated.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

It was worth posting..the search feature is not the best.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If the gd FBI would do their jobs and haul these folks in , these idiots would stop
Period

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The article says that she did get a visit from the Secret Service. Missouri state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal should be treated just like you or I would be treated/punished for publically stating that the President of our United States of America should be assassinated.

yeah but we`re just hard working tax paying peons there`s a different set of laws for us tax payers and the elite.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
If the gd FBI would do their jobs and haul these folks in , these idiots would stop
Period

and that is the truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
**sigh**

Just...

Words fail me. This is what our political discourse has descended to. Kill those with whom we disagree with.

....and that really is the gist of it. Agree with me and let me have my way or I will kill you. Sad days indeed.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
How does such trash get elec......

Nevermind because it happens across the board.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yes it does. Left or right. Democrat or Republican, or supposed independant/3rd party.

Y'know what's really disturbing? We see it happening, we even comment on it--this very thread as an example...and we decry it, calling it vile. Calling it reprehensible...and it is every bit of that.

No one likes it. Yet, here we are. Again, and again, and again. Nor is it a recent phenomena. Our history is full of such instances.

Doesn't say much for us, does it?

Actually it does say quite a lot about us, as a group. Just nothing good. We're easily lead, despite our protestations to the contrary, sheep that go along with the loudest voice, catchiest turn of phrase, nodding like a bunch of sun-struck cows being lead to slaughter.

Cheers!
edit on 8/18/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Don't try to make this a Democrat thing she's just a nut case. She is one if this people that hate has consumed her. To answer your question democrats have all ready spoken out against this.

U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-St. Louis: “(C)alling for the assassination of the President is a federal crime. … (She is) an embarrassment to our state. She should resign immediately.”

Missouri Democratic Party Chair Stephen Webber: “The … Party will absolutely not tolerate calls for the assassination of the President. I believe she should resign.”

Missouri Senate Democratic Caucus leader Sen. Gina Walsh: “(She) should be ashamed of herself for adding her voice to this toxic environment.”

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Since that's the case, who shall we blame for that--if blame is quite the right word.

Who has allowed this to happen, and to continue to happen?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Anyone who claims it's a democrat thing, or a republican thing--or who the Hell ever it is today thing is delusional, and stupid.

It's an us thing. Us. As in "we the people". We the people who've decided that we don't need to work at it any more.

Benjamin Franklin said it best, when asked what form of govt. we had: A Republic, if you (we) can keep it.

A republic. With Senators and Representatives some of whom have served almost as long as I've been alive... That was not the intent of the Founding Fathers.

With malice toward none...

Unless of course, I disagree with you, then I can call for your death. Advocate for you to be punched out on the streets. Thrown out of the country that you, very likely, were born in. ...and any number of things of a vile and painful nature, for the simple crime of disagreeing with me.

Because I am, or maybe you are, the arbiter of what is right. My word, or maybe it's yours, is LAW!! Only I can be right, or maybe it's you.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

As a pointed out her own party in her state is calling for her to resign. You can't take the actions if one individual and make any other assumptions based off this. She said something deplorable the secret service is investigating. And to make matters worse for her people she needs to help her win reelection is telling her to resign. To say this is in dictate of anything other then her hate is misleading.

You can't take her statement and apply it to a party or the country or even claim she represents anyone. This statement is all hers and she has effectively ended her political career.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Just another hypocritical rant by the ignorant Democrat party,the Democrats are very racist,yet they cry and whine about the things they perpetrate,rebels without a cause,have to make one up,if anyone needs help it's these dimocrats

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join